[App 4.0.1+] Browser + (ICS Browser alternative)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

XlAfbk

Aug 11, 2010
Last edited:

djmcnz

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
Thought I'd chime in and say awesome work here man.

I've not explored the depths yet but already have one suggestion:

• In the quick controls the extended menu icon should really be the standard ICS ellipses.

Other than that the only other suggestion I can make at the moment is don't succumb to all the feature requests... keep it lean and mean.

Keep it up.

mjnotto

Aug 31, 2010
I saw this asked but not answers, are we supposed to not run the stock browser and run your app instead, which is a modified stock. Which basically means we have two of the same apps on out phone at the same time?? to get the added features??

XlAfbk

Aug 11, 2010
I saw this asked but not answers, are we supposed to not run the stock browser and run your app instead, which is a modified stock. Which basically means we have two of the same apps on out phone at the same time?? to get the added features??
yes? that's pretty much what you do with (almost) every browser.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

bug: you missed some seperation from stock browser somewhere as removing stock causes browser+ to FC. maybe caused by the com.android.browser.* permissions?

DforDesign

Jul 1, 2011
For me the only feature missing in stock ics browser are additional quick controls, so if someone could figure out how to add it to add it to stock browser instead of installing this one please inform us;-) It doesn't make sense to me to have 2 versions of browser which are almost the same except for those extra quick controls.

Anyway, great job man! Many people are gonna be in heaven having the ability to use ics browser without android 4.0 itself. Keep up the good work!

djmcnz

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
Thought I'd chime in and say awesome work here man.

I've not explored the depths yet but already have one suggestion:

• In the quick controls the extended menu icon should really be the standard ICS ellipses.

Other than that the only other suggestion I can make at the moment is don't succumb to all the feature requests... keep it lean and mean.

Keep it up.

I mean this, not sure why I have the bubble icon but on other people's screenshots it's the correct menu icon... :confused:

YEfGKMPz

cdrom1028

Jul 22, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
plus.google.com
I mean this, not sure why I have the bubble icon but on other people's screenshots it's the correct menu icon... :confused:

I am seeing the same thing.. other than that, I LOVE IT! with the stock browser i could never get my icons to sync to my desktop browser correctly like my Galaxy Tab. Finally, a sync that works.. Great work.. :)

Icon suggestion, If you are still thinking of changing the icon, instead of the globe with the + in the center, How about a version of the chrome Icon with the + in the center?

bioan

Jun 1, 2009
Any chance of getting an easier acces to the adress bar ? It's easier to acces it with quick-controls disabled. Maybe you could merge the settings?

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
OMG this is a mess. My bad, I opened this as a extra thread (and let the other fade out), than the browser got a lot of attention from blogs etc and now both threads are being used heavily .

Here's the link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1423588

I will ask a super mod later to merge the two threads into this one. For now please use the thread in the Galaxy Nexus apps forum. A lot of questions asked here are asked there and also and answered there.

Sorry

robba16296

Oct 15, 2011
Utrecht
Doesn't work properly on my desire s, virtuous Quatro.
I can't open the quick controls a lot of the time, 9 out of 10 times nothing happens... :(

Braneless

Jun 21, 2011
Dayton, OH
I'm loving this on the NS4G. This has finally replaced Miren as my default browser - good work.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

wierdo124

Oct 22, 2010
Can we get the apk? Says it's incompatible with Incredible 2. Is this tested or just assumed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts