The best slim battery. Ever.

Search This thread

csfrank271

Sep 12, 2012
Let's say there are two types of removable phone batteries:

1.SLIM
These are the batteries which just fit straight into the phone without a bigger back cover needed, just like nature (the manufacturers) intended.
They can be extended, and offer a greater capacity, but their physical size remains the same.

then there's...
2. CHUNKY
The bigger batteries which offer a much greater potential capacity but also need a bigger back cover. They make you look at your phone and think "does this make my phone look fat?".
Of course, people are generally accepting of plus sizes nowadays, but slimmer is more practical, in the sense of a phone, right?

Anyway *clears throat*, I bought one of each of these, both being extended.
Firstly, I bought a chunky one, 3500MaH. I'm not sure if it's the phone, or the fact that the battery was el cheapo ($6 AUD), but it seemed liked the stock battery with nothing but an extra weight attached :p

Then, I purchased a slim one, the infamous gold '2430' MaH battery.
I wouldn't be surprised it was actually 1430 MaH, for it was worse than stock (1500MaH).

The point of this thread is to ask you which of the SLIM extended batteries (NO CHUNKY, ONLY SLIM) is the best you have ever used?
And may you also provide a price / link?

galaxyfitankit

Dec 26, 2011
gujarat
Buy a stock battery and also get your phone checked at lg service center I tried almost all batteries and all roms the battery drain and stand by time was worse...went lg service center they changed mother board it was destroyed by difference in voltage due to batteries and some roms now I have more than 2 days battery...no more flashing and no more experimenting with my phone now I love my phones exceptional battery...I used to think people lie when they say 2 day battery n all...trust me this phone has good battery just get it checked at lg service center also they told me to use stock charger only

frey90

Aug 28, 2012
Buy a stock battery and also get your phone checked at lg service center I tried almost all batteries and all roms the battery drain and stand by time was worse...went lg service center they changed mother board it was destroyed by difference in voltage due to batteries and some roms now I have more than 2 days battery...no more flashing and no more experimenting with my phone now I love my phones exceptional battery...I used to think people lie when they say 2 day battery n all...trust me this phone has good battery just get it checked at lg service center also they told me to use stock charger only

how much they changed your motherboard?? trough warranty?? :fingers-crossed:

Patrick Morgan

Mar 20, 2008
Montreal QC
I would normally always go stock, its safer. even for the little extra money, your getting something sure to work and be safe and tested well.

I'm currently using / testing Battpit Battery you can buy on Amazon.co.uk after the 3rd charge cycle it tested and averaged out to 1740mAh or so, and under heavy use it turned out about 10 hours on almost constant use. i was very impressed.

i'm currently still doing my standby minimum use test for the past couple days and its still going.

heres a link for the battery i bought
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battpit-tra...8G/ref=sr_1_93?ie=UTF8&qid=1354948855&sr=8-93

so far my tests have found it to be worth the buy. the capacity and charge have been as labeled, and the battery performance so far is going well.

cypresftw

Mar 4, 2011
nnexfsi formati

I've ordered a 1800 mAh from ebay. Will report later on the differences with stock battery. Be sure to always charge your phone completely and only charge when battery drops bellow 20% or so, this will lead to a better condition of the battery.

Reactions: csfrank271

Charlus97

Jun 17, 2012
Bordeaux
charley.sedeau.com
Bought a "gold 2430mAh" battery.

I will edit my post in 2 days to do a feedback :)

Remember to do a calibration of the batterie to increase performances : Here is the app :)

EDIT : Yep, it tooks me 2 yearsq to do the tests... Seriously, thoses "gold" battery are totally fake. The battery did'nt handle 2 charges and wasn't better than the original battery.

Last edited:

saaavikk

Dec 24, 2012
Bardejov
As I wrote in the other battery thread...stock battery format with better Li-Ion technology, or Li-Pol could give maximum of 1800 mAh. This is a realistic number, I recently bought a Mugen extended battery and it seems to have given 1700 mAh. But all these golden batteries...:cyclops:

Patrick Morgan

Mar 20, 2008
Montreal QC
As I wrote in the other battery thread...stock battery format with better Li-Ion technology, or Li-Pol could give maximum of 1800 mAh. This is a realistic number, I recently bought a Mugen extended battery and it seems to have given 1700 mAh. But all these golden batteries...:cyclops:

anyone even find a REAL Li-Poly battery for our phone? cause the ones that claimed they were that i tried looking for turned out to be bogus after getting a full data sheet from the suppliers. i'm just curious, if there is a real Li-poly battery.

reggiexp

Any updates guys?.
I want a new battery now it last like 15h with 2g and data. Every thing els off... 2ha2h30 screen on.
and at home with wifi on i get lile 20h with 3h screen on....
But its not that bad but i had a samsung befor. And on 3g it lasted the hole day. I wouldent even try that with this one... let 3g on hole day... no wifi. Than inwill need to charge it in the middle of the day....
So the 2430mah gold battery is it any good?. Or should i get 2 , 1600 mah batteries with external charger?.
I could use some good battery life so i can browse the web. Like now i can do much on 2g....
But what i found out is if you put it in flight mode doesnt drop a thing in 1 2 3h even 4h. More. But when celular on its so ****ty....

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Remember to do a calibration of the batterie to increase performances : Here is the app :)

Any news man? I would llike to buy it. But what to know that its not a fake **** thing
Amd cool to see some one with the lg o2x in french and angouleme even. On xda. ;) that cool. I dont see a lot of people with this phone in france. See alot of optimus black's. But never a o2x. Specialy here in charente or dordogne

wyckson

Mar 12, 2007
Utrecht
www.gedichtenvoornu.nl
Battery usage

Hey there!

Ive tried every Rom on this forum, (almost ;)) but all gave me the same battery issue. (Only the 20s based roms where pretty Good!) Ive found not any ICS rom compatible with 3G and a good battery life. Tobad, but for me its a fact. The P990 is not designed for using with 3G, just drains the battery in les then 3 ours!

I also tried a lot of baseband and Ril versions, there where a few who does made a difference, but not that big.
Right now I using the 20s baseband. just because of my experience in the past.

For me the big difference is how you configure your processor. Which schedular and which governor. I tried a lot of combination, right now Im using schedular conservative with the ZEN governor, this combination gives me a really good battery usage. (4% drain in 8 ours @1200 Mhz @ night @ wifi )

Ive disabled 3G on my phone, only 2G. tobad, but only way to have a good battery life.

I also tried new batteries, the Big one 3500 Mah, not any improvements, the 1950 andida battery is a good one. but they all are not worth the money compared with the less battery usage improvements,

Hope this helps a little in the search for a bettery battery life with our phone.

Regards,

WyCkson

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenks

Miraculix666

Oct 21, 2010
A chunky one

Hi,

just want to say that I have a good expirience With a PEAK Performance 3300mAh, cost ~ 14€ with cover. Now can I use it ~ 2days.

Sometimes the phones turns into a pocket heater that kills every battery, espesially if there are many apk's installed (around 120 up, TB-List)
I Had this problem with every ROM, and also with Stock battery and a new device.

greets,

Miraculix

hounter17

Nov 17, 2010
Hi i am looking for an extended slim battery that works good and with a nice battery improbement. Wich is the best one??

droide_volante

Dec 9, 2012
Napoli
Hi,

just want to say that I have a good expirience With a PEAK Performance 3300mAh, cost ~ 14€ with cover. Now can I use it ~ 2days.

Sometimes the phones turns into a pocket heater that kills every battery, espesially if there are many apk's installed (around 120 up, TB-List)
I Had this problem with every ROM, and also with Stock battery and a new device.

greets,

Miraculix

Woooow 3300 mah? Where i found this battery?

Inviato dal mio LG-P990 con Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would normally always go stock, its safer. even for the little extra money, your getting something sure to work and be safe and tested well.

I'm currently using / testing Battpit Battery you can buy on Amazon.co.uk after the 3rd charge cycle it tested and averaged out to 1740mAh or so, and under heavy use it turned out about 10 hours on almost constant use. i was very impressed.

i'm currently still doing my standby minimum use test for the past couple days and its still going.

heres a link for the battery i bought
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battpit-tra...8G/ref=sr_1_93?ie=UTF8&qid=1354948855&sr=8-93

so far my tests have found it to be worth the buy. the capacity and charge have been as labeled, and the battery performance so far is going well.

EDIT : Yep, it tooks me 2 yearsq to do the tests... Seriously, thoses "gold" battery are totally fake. The battery did'nt handle 2 charges and wasn't better than the original battery.
    nnexfsi formati

I've ordered a 1800 mAh from ebay. Will report later on the differences with stock battery. Be sure to always charge your phone completely and only charge when battery drops bellow 20% or so, this will lead to a better condition of the battery.