How to set ringtones, message tones and alarm tones

Search This thread

mobisat

Feb 7, 2009
In the root of your SD card create the following folders

Notifications
Ringtones
Alarms

In these folders put your favourite MP3 files. You can now use these MP3 files as per the topic.

Notifications - Message tones and Notification tones
Ringtones - Your phone ringtones
Alarms - Your alarm mp3s

Using these folders there is no need to play the MP3 files first in Music Player.

Hope this is useful for other newbies like myself.

MichaelWoopen

Jul 15, 2008
Is there a way to delete the ringtones converted with the audioplayer. I guess they are copied to the internal memory of the phone, aren't they?

lilyput50

Nov 19, 2011
txt tones

Hi im new to all this android lark and im having trouble with my htc desire, i just cannot change my txt tones, my question is thats ive downloaded zedge with loads of good tones but i cannot use them! if the blonde bit stays at bay for a bit and i manage to create a folder for my sd card can i put into that file my zedge tones? :confused: Ive notice people talking about putting mp3's in there for the phone, but all i want to do is use the txt tones that are already on my phone! Even the original ones wont load up to use, every time i set them and get someone to txt me it goes straight back to "chiff" :mad:...........its driving me nuts and im just not up to much to play around with this fone........besides im worried i might do some serious damage to the software :(
thanks for your help folks and im sorry if ive jumped to a new thread thats already somewhere else, i just couldnt find help anywhere