S-Off Achieved for Inc2

Search This thread

ehosteda

Feb 5, 2011
Thats excellent news for you guys! I dont have this phone, but I have been secretly 'rooting' for you guys! :) (Bad pun, but it had to happen).

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App

TB13

Jun 15, 2011
Chandler, AZ
Alright, but I guess I'm missing the part where I get s-off. Sorry, I'm kinda new to this stuff.

EDIT: Figured it out.

Last edited:

bik2101

Feb 14, 2011
hmm. no luck for me :( i get the recovery.img file sent but keep getting an error about signature check or something along those lines. will wait though :(

bik2101

Feb 14, 2011
i posted in the alpharev thread in development sectino but thought i'd post here also since its more specific to the inc2. i tried for a few hours yesterday to get s-off but i keep running into an error:

C:\Users\ben>fastboot flash recovery c:\recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (5022 KB)... OKAY [ 1.358s]
writing 'recovery'... INFOsignature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)

finished. total time: 2.161s

mountaineerndixie

Mar 16, 2010
Charleston, WV
i posted in the alpharev thread in development sectino but thought i'd post here also since its more specific to the inc2. i tried for a few hours yesterday to get s-off but i keep running into an error:

C:\Users\ben>fastboot flash recovery c:\recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (5022 KB)... OKAY [ 1.358s]
writing 'recovery'... INFOsignature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)

finished. total time: 2.161s

Nobody can get s-off yet (xcept xgunther). AlphaRev hasnt released the software yet that supports DInc2.

The recovery files and kernel has been released but it cant be used until AlphaRev releases the update.

Thats the way I understand anyways.

~ sent from HTC DInc2 ~

Last edited:

nimdae

Feb 19, 2010
Texas
www.beausteward.com
Flashing recovery doesn't give you S-OFF. I believe the hboot AlphaRev is using is a modified eng hboot, which not only removes the write protection, but also removes the signature check. If you have a failure in signature, then you are not running eng hboot, and you are more than likely not S-OFF (unless you somehow used a method such as radio S-OFF).

bik2101

Feb 14, 2011
ohhhhh.... hahaha stupid me. alright well that clears up a lot. thank you. i will stop wasting my time then.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The developers over at alpharevx have achieved S-Off for our device. I volunteered (eagerly) to be a guinea pig. I can confirm that it works!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEva63LEJyQ

Be sure to donate to them. They have worked extremely hard to get s-off on the newest generation HTC devices.

I'm sure that support for the inc2 will be added to their lineup in a few days.