[ROM] Foxstar v1.4.0 | 2.3.6 | WiFi Calling |Speed | Battery | Customization |03/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

starskyrob

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 5, 2011
the internet
33vdu36.png

◙ Based on UVKL1 2.3.6 **NEW**
◙ Wifi Calling **NEW**
◙ Super Fast Animations
◙ Smooth Scrolling
◙ Modified Version of Anim Mod
-Customize what transition animations you want
-Modded so that "Stock Android" Option will not flash Stock Android, but Foxstar's default animations [which are sped up] !
- Modded to match color scheme
◙ Rooted
◙ Bravia Engine
◙ BEATS + XLOUD AUDIO ** NEW **
◙ Zipaligned on boot
◙ Extended Power Menu
◙ 16 Customizable Notification Toggles
◙ 1% Battery Mod
◙ Debloated [bloater app included to rebloat if you choose]
◙ Very minimally themed
◙ build.prop tweaks
◙ Synergy Kernel [BLN,OTG,OC/UV,Autogrouping]
◙ bootanimation.zip support
◙ CRT-OFF Animation
◙ Int'l GS2 Shutdown Animation
◙ init.d tweaks
◙ Bloater.apk included to rebloat [if you so choose]
◙ System Tuner To Adjust Voltages / Overclock
◙ Wifi + Wired Tether apps!

Download:
Foxstar 1.4.0 RC 1

updated 3/11

Previous Versions:
Foxstar 1.3.2

Foxstar 1.3.1

Foxstar Beta v1.0.2 02/12/2012

1.0.2 Icon Hotfix

Foxstar Beta v 1.0.0

This Rom is Available Through ROM Manager. With Rom Manager Premium You Will Recieve OTA Updates!

I am a very very very community oriented developer. My work is always oriented towards community suggestions, ideas and testing. Please leave your ideas and comments here!

I RECOMMEND USING THE LAGFREE GOVERNOR

Installation Instructions:
A)
Download To SD Card
Boot into CWM Recovery
Install zip from SD Card!
Choose this Zip.
Wait a minute or so.
Reboot.

or
B)
Use Rom Manager.

TODO List:
Swipe to dismiss notifications
Your suggestions

Changelog:

03/11/2012 - Rebuilt from KL1 .tar from the ground up. Wifi Calling now works. Android Version 2.3.6. Animations sped up more. Delicious update was delicious.

03/07/2012 - Added Beats+Xloud Audio. Fixed Bravia. Updated Market to Google Play Store.

03/02/2012 - Removed DSP. WifiTether and Wired located @ /sdcards/FOXSTAR ADDONS.

03/01/2012 - Modded AnimMOD, Removed AT&T Contacts, System Tuner Added, System Apps Updated to latest version, WifiTether and WiredTether Added, Minor Framework Edits

02/12/2012 - Extended Power Menu, Boot Animation Change, UI Tweaks, Easter Egg Added, Default Wallpaper Change, Default Lockscreen Wallpaper Change, Rom Manager OTA Compatability.

For Updates on Progress :

Thanks to:
, MrX, Samsung, lidroid, G1ForFun, syngergeticink Cyanogenmod and you...the community.

Special thanks:
To all who have donated, I am truly thankful. I never expect, or ask for donations, but man is it flattering to recieve one. I do this because I love to, and to be recognized in such a generous way is truly amazing. thank you.

Note:
I don't require or expect donations, but if you do choose to donate, know that it is very appreciated and will go to caffeine, hardware, and more caffeine. thank you!

Last edited:

jriv

Apr 13, 2010
Princeton,MN
I'm guessing this doesn't have wifi calling since it's a att rom

Sent from a guy living in a van down by the river

ericqt

Nov 17, 2011
some of us really dont care about wifi calling long as the rom running fast and great battery I personally happy. thank you for the rom. for sure I will try it.

immunityx

Dec 24, 2008
Colorfix?? Anyone know more info about this?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

jiggidigi

Jul 10, 2010
I apologize if this is a noob question, but from my understanding, the synergy kernel can be customized for oc and uv?? I'm just curious where its set to, as battery life and stability are on top of my priority list. And as usual, I'm pretty excited to try out another rom, so thanks for this!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

superuser696

Apr 7, 2010
show me state 417
I apologize if this is a noob question, but from my understanding, the synergy kernel can be customized for oc and uv?? I'm just curious where its set to, as battery life and stability are on top of my priority list. And as usual, I'm pretty excited to try out another rom, so thanks for this!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

There are apps to adjust the performance and battery life and you can flash a different kernel if you prefer. But synergy is my favorite. I've heard people raving about darksides new kernel it seem to be full featured to.

Last edited:

audscott

Feb 15, 2008
Seattle, WA
I flashed faux09 (OC) and find the performance to be a bit better. This ROM is excellent, the smoothest and quickest of the bunch and believe me I've tried them all.

Great job Rob!!!

Reactions: starskyrob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    33vdu36.png

◙ Based on UVKL1 2.3.6 **NEW**
    ◙ Wifi Calling **NEW**
    ◙ Super Fast Animations
    ◙ Smooth Scrolling
    ◙ Modified Version of Anim Mod
    -Customize what transition animations you want
    -Modded so that "Stock Android" Option will not flash Stock Android, but Foxstar's default animations [which are sped up] !
    - Modded to match color scheme
    ◙ Rooted
    ◙ Bravia Engine
    ◙ BEATS + XLOUD AUDIO ** NEW **
    ◙ Zipaligned on boot
    ◙ Extended Power Menu
    ◙ 16 Customizable Notification Toggles
    ◙ 1% Battery Mod
    ◙ Debloated [bloater app included to rebloat if you choose]
    ◙ Very minimally themed
    ◙ build.prop tweaks
    ◙ Synergy Kernel [BLN,OTG,OC/UV,Autogrouping]
    ◙ bootanimation.zip support
    ◙ CRT-OFF Animation
    ◙ Int'l GS2 Shutdown Animation
    ◙ init.d tweaks
    ◙ Bloater.apk included to rebloat [if you so choose]
    ◙ System Tuner To Adjust Voltages / Overclock
    ◙ Wifi + Wired Tether apps!

Download:
    Foxstar 1.4.0 RC 1

updated 3/11

Previous Versions:
    Foxstar 1.3.2

Foxstar 1.3.1

Foxstar Beta v1.0.2 02/12/2012

1.0.2 Icon Hotfix

Foxstar Beta v 1.0.0

This Rom is Available Through ROM Manager. With Rom Manager Premium You Will Recieve OTA Updates!

I am a very very very community oriented developer. My work is always oriented towards community suggestions, ideas and testing. Please leave your ideas and comments here!

I RECOMMEND USING THE LAGFREE GOVERNOR

Installation Instructions:
    A)
    Download To SD Card
    Boot into CWM Recovery
    Install zip from SD Card!
    Choose this Zip.
    Wait a minute or so.
    Reboot.

or
    B)
    Use Rom Manager.

TODO List:
    Swipe to dismiss notifications
    Your suggestions

Changelog:

03/11/2012 - Rebuilt from KL1 .tar from the ground up. Wifi Calling now works. Android Version 2.3.6. Animations sped up more. Delicious update was delicious.

03/07/2012 - Added Beats+Xloud Audio. Fixed Bravia. Updated Market to Google Play Store.

03/02/2012 - Removed DSP. WifiTether and Wired located @ /sdcards/FOXSTAR ADDONS.

03/01/2012 - Modded AnimMOD, Removed AT&T Contacts, System Tuner Added, System Apps Updated to latest version, WifiTether and WiredTether Added, Minor Framework Edits

02/12/2012 - Extended Power Menu, Boot Animation Change, UI Tweaks, Easter Egg Added, Default Wallpaper Change, Default Lockscreen Wallpaper Change, Rom Manager OTA Compatability.

For Updates on Progress :

Thanks to:
    , MrX, Samsung, lidroid, G1ForFun, syngergeticink Cyanogenmod and you...the community.

Special thanks:
    To all who have donated, I am truly thankful. I never expect, or ask for donations, but man is it flattering to recieve one. I do this because I love to, and to be recognized in such a generous way is truly amazing. thank you.

Note:
    I don't require or expect donations, but if you do choose to donate, know that it is very appreciated and will go to caffeine, hardware, and more caffeine. thank you!
    foxstar is skipping 2.0
    sorry.

we're also skipping 3.0 in honor of the late honeycomb.

however a very early build of 4.0 is in the works.

ice cream is delishuz.
    Just an update for those who aren't following me on twitter.

Foxstar has switched goals, and priorities. I'll now be working on a fully functional , performanxe oriented, vanilla AOSP build for the t989. While this is my goal, it is a huge undertaking on my part as this will be my first true AOSP build from scratch. I've got some preliminary things set up, my new build environment is set up, and despite a complete lack of efficient hardware, I've begun work on this.

Please be patient with me on this. With my ancient hardware at home, each build takes hours to compile, meaning each error takes literally hours to test, debug and fix .

I hope you see this change as good news, and I look forward to the future of this ROM and this community

Please no ETAs. I'm a one man team who works Crazy hours. It'll be ready as soon as it can be, and not until it's bugfree