[MOD] NeXuS HaZ 720p @29fps and 480p @ 30fps. UPDATE (12/29)

Search This thread
D

diversificationied

I think desire owners got pwned, with their ****ty bits of plastic....

It has the worst build quality of any phone i have ever seen!

Good luck with that, oh yeah and your cheap ass one mic...

We have two (noise cancelling, mushroom)

JD

The desire has a metal body like the nexus.

M4rkzorz

Jul 30, 2010

JD

Yeah, I went to PC City yesterday and they had all these android phones on display that you could use (incl. Nexus One w/Éclair) I tried using the HTC Desire on display, it felt really cheap... and I've never liked sense anyway so...

bogdi1988

Mar 16, 2007
Seattle, WA
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
how about we forget about desire, nexus, sense, build quality of phones, and we focus on the main part of this thread: porting some features to the nexus one? instead of comparing phones, we should work on maybe porting the latest OTA rom from desire to nexus, and that way we would have all features unlocked on our beloved phones.

hensk

Aug 11, 2006
Skopje

JD

heyyy ,what the metter with you guys
we`re the same tim m8
you even have desire before:eek::D:rolleyes:
we all wait news from Cyan/charnsingh progress

Mikey

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Wheaton, Il
Google Pixel Fold
The next user to make a post about comparing what phone is better then another........
Well, you wont be doing it on XDA,
ENOUGH!!!
Get back to the topic of the thread and stop complaining,
Take your phone egos elsewhere!

DesirableHTC

Jul 4, 2010
Leeds
well said Mikey. It's almost childish!

Anyway, what i would like to know is, how do i check how many fps i am getting?

thanks. And Peace. ;)

bcpk

Feb 11, 2010
(to the mod above, I'm not comparing the phones, just the video implementations, not trying to start a flamewar)

The sharpness clarity of the Desire 720P seems higher than the Nexus One so far, but I have not seen any Raw video files yet so everything has been re-encoded by YouTube (10 Mbits, 30 fps). The video looks a bit too stuttery to be 30 fps so I'm wondering what the real framerate is. Also I'd imagine a lot of people doing the HD recording don't have high-class microSD cards, which is a problem for phone manufacturers wanting to put HD video recording on there phones since difference write speeds will result in a such a drastically different user experience between people with differing cards. That may be one of the reasons the N1 didn't have 720P in the first place because Google didn't want to have to say "Yeah, you can record HD, but you'll have to buy a Class 6 card as well because we've only given you a (still quite fast) Class 2".

@DesireableHTC - If you have VLC, you can open the video file with it, and go to Tools > Codec Information. This should tell you the framerate.

D200P13

Apr 28, 2010
in a room
The next user to make a post about comparing what phone is better then another........
Well, you wont be doing it on XDA,
ENOUGH!!!
Get back to the topic of the thread and stop complaining,
Take your phone egos elsewhere!

how about we forget about desire, nexus, sense, build quality of phones, and we focus on the main part of this thread: porting some features to the nexus one? instead of comparing phones, we should work on maybe porting the latest OTA rom from desire to nexus, and that way we would have all features unlocked on our beloved phones.

totally agree. should be applied to all forum.

dlb92

Nov 19, 2007
Is there an ETA on when this will be finished?

Once this is finished will you guys be finishing up enabling the FM radio as well for CM6?

Once these two things are finished I will consider my nexus near perfection..

bewA

Feb 16, 2010
Is there an ETA on when this will be finished?

Once this is finished will you guys be finishing up enabling the FM radio as well for CM6?

Once these two things are finished I will consider my nexus near perfection..

I think the first rule of cyanogenmod is don't ask for eta's.
It will be done when its done.

As for FM radio, if and when this works it will most likely break bluetooth which isn't a satisfactory solution for most I would think.

dlb92

Nov 19, 2007
I think the first rule of cyanogenmod is don't ask for eta's.
It will be done when its done.

As for FM radio, if and when this works it will most likely break bluetooth which isn't a satisfactory solution for most I would think.

Sorry for breaking first rule...so hardware of n1 is not exactly like desire? Yeah, breaking bluetooth is def not worth FM radio.

bewA

Feb 16, 2010
Sorry for breaking first rule...so hardware of n1 is not exactly like desire? Yeah, breaking bluetooth is def not worth FM radio.

the hardware is pretty much identical.
the problem is the Nexus one uses the Bluez bluetooth stack and the desire uses the broadcom bluetooth stack.
and i believe using the broadcom bluetooth stack on the Nexus One will be difficult to say the least!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok thank you very much, but nandroid is too complicated for me to install right now :(.
    are there any other programs that will do a backup and restore after flash?

thanks and sorry for the offtopic

You already have nandroid installed... it's in recovery... :)

Just boot to recovery, select backup and that will do a nandroid, if you want to restore just select restore then the copy of the backup you want to restore... easy... :)
    Damn i am lazy, totally forgot to do this easy task, EFF ME lol. Will try putting it out today
    Finally 720p encoding for nexus one

I LOVE ANDROID

Thanks to

My Parents, Cyanogen, maxisma, Wysie_Soh, barakinflorida coolbho3k and more for their support, teaching inspiration and work

Requirements- >CM5.0.8test3

Froyo Done thx to cyanogen

U need the new froyo radio

Here u go, this time its a full CM6 RC1 build, i didnt have time to make it incremental, will do an incremental update sometime tomorrow

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6WOYHP85

Incremental update. Flash on top of cm6. Thx maxisma I was too lazy :p if u get fc after flahing these then wipe camera data, thx for the info everyone
    Here they are!

For 8 MB/s SDs: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RUO7BCOC (not signed turn of signature checking)

For 6 MB/s SDs: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AX38PJ55 (its with kerneln i think itdoesnt need to be really updated, if u still want u can post in thread

Your phone should have a high speed sdcard able to bear the load of the high fps otherwise the video recording will stop for some ms and resume. I am yet to tweak bitrate etc for these settings

#AndroidWinsAgain
    #iPonySUX

To come
    better audio

Working on them now :D

Latest Video sample 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-eyr3T5W9A
    Latest Video sample 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzxVlhNnC18

Be sure to watch it in HD

Changelog
    12/29
    New 8mbps incremental (not signed)

10/29
    remove the limit for 8k devices which was set to 24

10/27
    Increased FPS
    Increased quality of video

5/8
    fix pixelation
    fix green issue (enom)

3/8
    test version out for froyo

6/15
    Allocate 15mb to camera (thx coolbho3k)
    CAP bitrates
    i guess the first stable one with best video quality

6/14
    Fix blank 480p

6/13
    Increased Bitrate
    Allocated more RAM to Camera thx Coolbho3k

June 10
    New Camera App by Wysie_Soh (Thx Bro)
    Increased Bitrate to 10mbps if anyone can reach it

Source is up at github. www.github.com/charansingh
    Guys CM6.1 has 6mbps bitrate not 8mbps. 8mbps has to be flash seprately and the kernel in that is really old, ill update the kernel by tomorrow so u can flash on top of the normal cm nightlies etc
    Any news about 720p on CM7/gingerbread? Is it still possible?

Well you got a free (and unnecessary) 'Thanks' because I hit the wrong button so how about you return the favour?

720p is baked into the cake.