FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] VPN - Access other countries' Play Store & download all the stuff you want

482 posts
Thanks Meter: 112
 
Post Reply Email Thread
28th February 2013, 01:25 PM |#21  
Geo1997's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Re: [Guide]VPN - Access other countries' Play Store & download all the stuff you want
Wrong message...

I'm putting more vpn app in first post
28th February 2013, 10:19 PM |#22  
Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 141
 
More
Hey,
I used this VPN method several months.
But now it seems that Google bound my account to my REAL country. I can't get it work anymore.
For example: I activate my US VPN. I browse to play.google.com. (not logged in in Google Account). I can see all US playstore content. BUT: when I login into my account (with VPN activated) I only can see the playstore content of my REAL country.

Any idea how to fix that?
1st March 2013, 01:37 AM |#23  
Geo1997's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Re: [Guide]VPN - Access other countries' Play Store & download all the stuff you want
Quote:
Originally Posted by theliquid

Hey,
I used this VPN method several months.
But now it seems that Google bound my account to my REAL country. I can't get it work anymore.
For example: I activate my US VPN. I browse to play.google.com. (not logged in in Google Account). I can see all US playstore content. BUT: when I login into my account (with VPN activated) I only can see the playstore content of my REAL country.

Any idea how to fix that?

Well, I already got twice this problem. But I don't know exactly why the method doesn't work like this sometimes.
Look at the thips in the first post, maybe it could help (it works for me) :
- If it's not working, clear Google Play Store cache and data in settings. Try also to reboot your router.
- If it's still not working, remove your google account and put it back. Reboot your phone and your router. Then start the vpn, and then the play store

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300
1st March 2013, 11:10 AM |#24  
Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 141
 
More
AW: [Guide]VPN - Access other countries' Play Store & download all the stuff you want
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo1997

Well, I already got twice this problem. But I don't know exactly why the method doesn't work like this sometimes.
Look at the thips in the first post, maybe it could help (it works for me) :
- If it's not working, clear Google Play Store cache and data in settings. Try also to reboot your router.
- If it's still not working, remove your google account and put it back. Reboot your phone and your router. Then start the vpn, and then the play store

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300

Found another thread with ppl having the same problem:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2169261
It seems that Google changed its play servers not to use Sim card or IP anymore when you added your first CC.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
1st March 2013, 05:45 PM |#25  
Geo1997's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Re: [Guide]VPN - Access other countries' Play Store & download all the stuff you want
Quote:
Originally Posted by theliquid

Found another thread with ppl having the same problem:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2169261
It seems that Google changed its play servers not to use Sim card or IP anymore when you added your first CC.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Hmm well
Vpn is still working for me or other people. But yes, I never add a credit card.

Is there anyone that has a credit card on his google account and has vpn trick working ?


Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300
2nd March 2013, 06:19 PM |#26  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo1997

Hmm I did not see a VPN app for South Korea :/

What you can do, but it's risky, it's to create your vpn in Android settings - more (under data consommation) - VPN, and to use a adress here http://www.xroxy.com/proxy-country-KR.htm
But I' m afraid of the security of this distant server.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300

Aww :/ If you find one, could you PM me or post it on this forum please?

Wait why is this risky method though? What are the consequences?
2nd March 2013, 07:58 PM |#27  
Geo1997's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Re: [Guide]VPN - Access other countries' Play Store & download all the stuff you want
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****aki

Aww :/ If you find one, could you PM me or post it on this forum please?

Wait why is this risky method though? What are the consequences?

Yep no problem

It's risky because this link gives us some unknown proxy. Maybe there is someone who looks at all the things that are going through this server, and may hijack your password or something like this.
You can always try a securised proxy on the list.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300
3rd March 2013, 07:36 AM |#28  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo1997

Hmm well
Vpn is still working for me or other people. But yes, I never add a credit card.

Is there anyone that has a credit card on his google account and has vpn trick working ?


Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300

This might explain my previous post where one of my account worked (without credit card) and the other one didn't (with credit card).
3rd March 2013, 11:43 AM |#29  
Geo1997's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Re: [Guide]VPN - Access other countries' Play Store & download all the stuff you want
Quote:
Originally Posted by byakuugan

This might explain my previous post where one of my account worked (without credit card) and the other one didn't (with credit card).

Okk... It seems that it is related.

I found this on the other thread, Try it :

"Found a work around:
Delete all CC and billing addresses from Google Wallet
Restart Mobile Device
Connect VPN (for example Exit node in the US)
Force close and Wipe data of play store App
Open play store (ensure VPN is working!)
Add your CC again with a billing address of the country your VPN is connected to (in my case this is a real address! No fake!)

Now the play store seems to be bound to the desired country. "


Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300
The Following User Says Thank You to Geo1997 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Geo1997 Ad-Free
4th March 2013, 06:28 PM |#30  
DanDroidian's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Phnom Penh
Thanks Meter: 241
 
More
Re: [Guide]VPN - Access other countries' Play Store & download all the stuff you want
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo1997

Hmm well
Vpn is still working for me or other people. But yes, I never add a credit card.

Is there anyone that has a credit card on his google account and has vpn trick working ?


Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300

Well, I'm American and have a US credit card attached to my account.

However, I live in Cambodia.

I am able to jump back and forth between markets with TunnelBear APN.

I know it's working because when I'm in the local market I can't see apps like Netflix, Spotify.

But when I turn on TunnelBear and open the market again AND go to "accounts" and just select the same email address I ALWAYS use, I have to accept the agreement again, and then BOOM! I'm in the US market again, and can THEN see that Netflix /Spotify have available updates..... I also have new categories like Movies, Music....

This even worked today for me.


I'll post some screen shots to help elaborate ...



Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Hope this helps someone find a solution (hit thanks if you appreciate me taking the time to post these screen shots)


Local Cambodian market with no option to buy music/movies, and it also won't show updates for Netflix /Spotify /Pandora.




I turn on TunnelBear VPN.




I go to "accounts" and choose the one I ALWAYS use.




It asks me to accept the market terms again.




Now the US market shows up and has different categories like Movies and Music to buy. It will also show me US only apps and will finally show that the US apps I have installed already need updates and will let me install them.




List of tracks to buy.




Will let me buy.



Hope that helps!

Also, it will stay in the US market for a while even after I turn off TunnelBear. It will eventually ask me to accept the terms again and I'll be back in the local Cambodian market.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to DanDroidian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DanDroidian Ad-Free
4th March 2013, 07:15 PM |#31  
Geo1997's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDroidian

Well, I'm American and have a US credit card attached to my account.

However, I live in Cambodia.

I am able to jump back and forth between markets with TunnelBear APN.

I know it's working because when I'm in the local market I can't see apps like Netflix, Spotify.

But when I turn on TunnelBear and open the market again AND go to "accounts" and just select the same email address I ALWAYS use, I have to accept the agreement again, and then BOOM! I'm in the US market again, and can THEN see that Netflix /Spotify have available updates..... I also have new categories like Movies, Music....

This even worked today for me.


I'll post some screen shots to help elaborate ...



Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Niice it works fine
Can you trick your vpn to another country, different of your credit card's country. Like France (I don't think we have Netflix) or UK ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Geo1997 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Geo1997 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
enabler, google, market, play store, vpn

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes