[INDEX] Moto E [Condor] Factory Firmware Images

Search This thread

ANDROmodderHD

Oct 12, 2014
United kingdom
Hi lost, thanks for the new firmware's. After 5+ months we finally have a official release, anyways can i request a xt021 5.1 UK firmware. (When it comes out, hopefully soon). Going to try the Brazilian firmware first. Thanks again!

sid.8491

May 20, 2012
downgrade to kitkat?

i have upgraded my moto e (xt1022) to lollipop 5.1 by OTA update, and now it is restarting very frequently. and each restart is taking about 15mins.
bootloader is locked and phone is not rooted.

could someone tell me how to downgrade to kitkat? (noob friendly way).
and is there any risk in doing that?

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
Reactions: sid.8491

Ahish.s

@lost101, i'm unable to relock my bootloader using the firmware provided in the first post. My phone is currently stuck on the bootloader unlocked logo from the past 2 hours. Restarting the phone by long pressing the phone doesn't help. BTW I didn't face any preflash validation errors when flashing the firmware (just (bootloader) sst lock failure! when i tried to lock bootloader).

lost101

May 30, 2008
@lost101, i'm unable to relock my bootloader using the firmware provided in the first post. My phone is currently stuck on the bootloader unlocked logo from the past 2 hours. Restarting the phone by long pressing the phone doesn't help. BTW I didn't face any preflash validation errors when flashing the firmware (just (bootloader) sst lock failure! when i tried to lock bootloader).
Relocking Bootloader is not a requirement - if your phone is stuck, it's for another reason.

EDIT: Provide a log of your fastboot commands. Just because you did not see an error message does not mean the flashing process was successful.

Last edited:

Ahish.s

Relocking Bootloader is not a requirement - if your phone is stuck, it's for another reason.

The sst failure error occurs when i try to lock bootloader. On the phone, after typing oem lock, i get a message in pink "failed to validate system image". My phone refuses to boot, its stuck at the warning bootloader unlocked logo. Any idea what i should do next?
Flashing logs:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot.exe oem lock begin
(bootloader) Ready to flash signed images

OKAY [  0.072s]
finished. total time: 0.075s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot.exe flash partition gpt.bin
target max-sparse-size: 256MB
sending 'partition' (32 KB)...
OKAY [  0.029s]
writing 'partition'...
(bootloader) This may take a few seconds, if a
(bootloader) different partition table is being
(bootloader) flashed since we need to backup
(bootloader) and restore a few partitions
(bootloader) Flashing primary GPT image...
(bootloader) Flashing backup GPT image...
OKAY [  0.579s]
finished. total time: 0.615s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot.exe flash motoboot motoboot.img
sending 'motoboot' (1669 KB)...
OKAY [  0.097s]
writing 'motoboot'...
(bootloader) flashing tz ...
(bootloader) flashing rpm ...
(bootloader) flashing sdi ...
(bootloader) flashing aboot ...
(bootloader) flashing sbl1 ...
OKAY [  2.065s]
finished. total time: 2.172s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot.exe flash logo logo.bin
sending 'logo' (527 KB)...
OKAY [  0.073s]
writing 'logo'...
OKAY [  0.147s]
finished. total time: 0.229s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
sending 'boot' (10200 KB)...
OKAY [  0.414s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [  1.578s]
finished. total time: 1.998s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (10280 KB)...
OKAY [  0.438s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  1.578s]
finished. total time: 2.025s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
sending 'system' (242987 KB)...
OKAY [  8.939s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [ 27.103s]
finished. total time: 36.054s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
sending 'system' (256559 KB)...
OKAY [  9.304s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [ 25.790s]
finished. total time: 35.101s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
sending 'system' (257126 KB)...
OKAY [  9.336s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [ 24.758s]
finished. total time: 34.102s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot.exe flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
sending 'modem' (46232 KB)...
OKAY [  1.729s]
writing 'modem'...
OKAY [  3.909s]
finished. total time: 5.646s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot.exe erase modemst1
erasing 'modemst1'...
OKAY [  0.018s]
finished. total time: 0.023s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot.exe erase modemst2
erasing 'modemst2'...
OKAY [  0.016s]
finished. total time: 0.020s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot.exe flash fsg fsg.mbn
sending 'fsg' (648 KB)...
OKAY [  0.101s]
writing 'fsg'...
OKAY [  0.140s]
finished. total time: 0.249s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot.exe erase cache
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [  0.109s]
finished. total time: 0.113s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot.exe erase userdata
erasing 'userdata'...
OKAY [  0.480s]
finished. total time: 0.484s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>mfastboot.exe oem lock
(bootloader) sst lock failure!
OKAY [  0.041s]
finished. total time: 0.044s

Last edited:

lost101

May 30, 2008
The sst failure error occurs when i try to lock bootloader. On the phone, after typing oem lock, i get a message in pink "failed to validate system image". My phone refuses to boot, its stuck at the warning bootloader unlocked logo. Any idea what i should do next?
Use mfastboot. Do not flash motoboot.img - this is the Bootloader and repeated flashing is very dangerous.

Type out commands manually, do not use a .bat / script. Provide a log.

Adarsh1998

Nov 6, 2014
DAVANGERE
@lost101 is there a different firmware for elpida and hynix memory? I flashed the firmware on another moto e (xt1022 @ 4.4.4 never updated to 5.x) and that too is stuck on bootloader. The two moto e's have the same elpida memory.
@lost101 lollipops firmware contains spareschunk.3 which all are not flashing through fastboot,that's why its struck on bootlogo, plz update the OP, already someone bricked he didn't knew this,

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

Reactions: lost101

lost101

May 30, 2008
Added to OP:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Stuck at Boot logo after flashing Lollipop Firmware Image?
Lollipop is bigger than KitKat, and contains an extra 'system.img_sparsechunk.' Check you are flashing all of the files.​

cksup

Mar 28, 2015
Added to OP:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Stuck at Boot logo after flashing Lollipop Firmware Image?
Lollipop is bigger than KitKat, and contains an extra 'system.img_sparsechunk.' Check you are flashing all of the files.​

For someone who is on kitkat and he went to cm12.1....flashing motoboot.img and gpt.bin will cause problem or not flashing?

Adarsh1998

Nov 6, 2014
DAVANGERE
For someone who is on kitkat and he went to cm12.1....flashing motoboot.img and gpt.bin will cause problem or not flashing?
If u in KitKat bootloader and not upgraded any socktest , no brick happens, bcoz I was in cm12 with kk boot loader, today flashed gpt and motoboot also, I'm on stock now

Reactions: cksup

cksup

Mar 28, 2015
If u in KitKat bootloader and not upgraded any socktest , no brick happens, bcoz I was in cm12 with kk boot loader, today flashed gpt and motoboot also, I'm on stock now

I know all the commands but just for clarification can you tell me ......don't post here ..........pm me

Top Liked Posts