READ THIS NOW !!!•••POST ALL ICS AND ICS RELATED INFO HERE ONLY !!!!!

Search This thread

xbs

A quick refresher on the TF101 ICS Update that you are all so patiently waiting for. Our engineers are working hard on getting this ready for you as soon as possible and are still aiming for a February release. As always as soon as we hear any further news or a definitive date we will let you know.

Asus, you're not credible any more regarding ICS on TF101... I'll believe it when I have it.

globiboulga

Mar 19, 2009
A good ROM with a little overclock and I'm happy with the performance of the TF101. I am curious about ICS, but happy to wait a little more. This said, I will never buy ASUS again. Why?

I remember the early days of the TF101 and ASUS stating that the dock keyboard would be reusable across their range. I bought the TF101 thinking that I could upgrade later on, only needing a tablet. That did not last long. TF201 comes along and surprise suprise it needs its own keyboard. They'll probably do the same with the TF300...

That for me is more damaging that a piece of software that's a few weeks late...

azboo13

Oct 20, 2009
This is kinda silly guys. Yes, Asus said they would update our TF101 to ICS, and blah blah blah, they keep changing the release date, and boo hoo its still not here. But honestly, my transformer works just as great as it did six months ago. I don't quite get where all the anger towards Asus is coming from? Be glad Asus hasn't scratched the update altogether. I'm sure ICS will improve the proformance and be a great addition to an already great tablet. Don't get me wrong, i'm looking forward to it too, but seriously just have some freakin patience, its just an update. :)

Reactions: MJPollard

shahbaz5588

Jul 17, 2009
I remember the early days of the TF101 and ASUS stating that the dock keyboard would be reusable across their range. I bought the TF101 thinking that I could upgrade later on, only needing a tablet. That did not last long. TF201 comes along and surprise suprise it needs its own keyboard. They'll probably do the same with the TF300...

That for me is more damaging that a piece of software that's a few weeks late...

http://androidandme.com/2012/01/devices/asus-to-reveal-redesigned-padfone-at-mwc-2012/

The asus Padfone is supposed to be using the tf101 docking station... so there is still use for it hopefully... they do speculate that the final released Padfone might support the transformer prime dock. But honestly by the looks of it that might not be possible, considering the phone will have to be very thin to fit in a tablet and not look awkward... only time will tell

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
http://androidandme.com/2012/01/devices/asus-to-reveal-redesigned-padfone-at-mwc-2012/

The asus Padfone is supposed to be using the tf101 docking station... so there is still use for it hopefully... they do speculate that the final released Padfone might support the transformer prime dock. But honestly by the looks of it that might not be possible, considering the phone will have to be very thin to fit in a tablet and not look awkward... only time will tell

Not according to your own link:

"The prototype unit shown at CES supported the older TF101 dock, but we expect the redesigned unit to support the newer TF201 docking station that works with the Transformer Prime."

Thiesen

Aug 8, 2009
So hey Asus UK posted on Facebook that the update could be in February(?). Also dunno if you guys care but I posted on there FB a request for the bootloader unlock. Guess if you guys wanna chip in and get there attention
http://androidcommunity.com/asus-uk-says-transformer-ics-update-coming-in-february-20120222/

Sent from ICS

You think it's a Bad Thing to read what's been written before you post?

It's not that the information has not been all over the place by now...

IE Old News.

Mercvtio

Jul 29, 2011
Montpellier
You sure? If you're refering to the pic showing a part of the ics settings, it looks a lot like the one posted a week ago, and mentionned a few pages back. It doesn't seem like news to me...

pupy991

Oct 14, 2010
I compared the two screenshots and there are little differences.
For example the Wifi-Version of that guys transformer is newer than the one of the transformer where the screenshot leaked by Asus South Africa is from.
So...Maybe it's valid! :)

shahbaz5588

Jul 17, 2009
Not according to your own link:

"The prototype unit shown at CES supported the older TF101 dock, but we expect the redesigned unit to support the newer TF201 docking station that works with the Transformer Prime."

The asus Padfone is supposed to be using the tf101 docking station... so there is still use for it hopefully... "they do speculate that the final released Padfone might support the transformer prime dock." But honestly by the looks of it that might not be possible, considering the phone will have to be very thin to fit in a tablet and not look awkward... only time will tell

You need to learn to read...

kistigun

it's here:

Dear valued ASUS fans,

ASUS prides itself on delivering the best products to end-users, which means that we not only aim to deliver innovative products but also to continue improving the out of box experience throughout their life cycle with regular firmware updates.

Many of our Eee Pad Transformer TF101 users have waited patiently for the promised Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update and we are delighted to announce that the first wave of FOTA updates for TF101 firmware v.9.2.1.11 started today in Taiwan. The update will FOTA in other regions soon after.

Although we will announce several new innovations at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next week, we take great pride in delivering on-going enhancements and support for products that are well into their life cycle.

Thank you once again for your valued support!

source: http://www.facebook.com/ASUS

Geenus

Nov 13, 2011
London
Was about to post exactly the same.

If this is a prank, this is the biggest troll played on paying customers in quite a while :D
Reports around that this was released in error as it is a pre Alpha build. Can anyone confirm?

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Reports around that this was released in error as it is a pre Alpha build. Can anyone confirm?
Contact in Singapore confirms they have OTA update waiting on news of how it is. Will keep you posted.

Top Liked Posts