FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STABLE][2016.07.05] SuperSU v2.76 [CLOSED]

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,052

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 9th March 2012, 09:20 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
17th April 2016, 12:39 AM |#10511  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 449

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoey63

Those files are part of the twrp recovery ramdisk and can't be deleted. They are for when the option to root with supersu is selected in twrp (LP and older). The disappear when you boot into android.

Sent from my D6603 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Awesome! I managed to get a firmware that flashed successfully. The supersu folder was still there, so I thought it either is very stubborn, or the firmware flashing didn't really do anything, or it really has nothing to do with this SuperSU. Thank you for confirming.

And any other advice on flashing SuperSU from anyone would be much appreciated. I couldn't boot after flashing 2.65.
A friend from these forums said he flashed 2.65 as well, but he did this (below) first to have systemless root before flashing the zip:
In TWRP File Terminal, enter the command:
"echo SYSTEMLESS=true>>/data/.supersu"
Check Systemless with:
cat /data/.supersu
Make sure the terminal returns SYSTEMLESS=true

I'm actually a little confused with all of this. There is SuperSU Stable, Experimental, Beta. The experimental thread is talking about systemless install. Beta is supposedly systemless but it's not mentioned in the OP. The changelogs show systemless here and there in this thread. From what I deduced v2.65 is systemless (see some changes in the changelog regarding systemless) and you can just flash it - but then I had a bootloop. So it might only be 2.65 beta that's systemless - but then again, the beta and stable have the same time reference in their filenames (20151226141550), and this beta is found in the experimental thread. When it's systemless I apparently shouldn't need to run any commands in terminal as it is automated? Then I'm reading about flashing 2.62-3 (don't know if it's just a simple flash or what) and then update (another moto user claimed it worked) to who knows what (update=simple flash on top - I'm not sure, I've been using a RAZR and a custom ROM with built in root). I stopped using SuperSU when it gave me bootloops on my RAZR - think around December last year.

I am looking to do a systemless root though. I think when I flashed it, it probably wasn't systemless. Sorry, I'm in that initial phase of getting up to speed and learning with a new device.

TIA!!!! --> As I read in the one supersu thread...

17th April 2016, 05:44 PM |#10512  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Has anyone tried to root verizon s6 edge on marshmallow using this method?

I'm a Ninjuhkat. run. meow.
The Following User Says Thank You to angelle97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift angelle97 Ad-Free
18th April 2016, 12:21 AM |#10513  
Thanks Meter: 617

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.casper.b

Awesome! I managed to get a firmware that flashed successfully. The supersu folder was still there, so I thought it either is very stubborn, or the firmware flashing didn't really do anything, or it really has nothing to do with this SuperSU. Thank you for confirming.

And any other advice on flashing SuperSU from anyone would be much appreciated. I couldn't boot after flashing 2.65.
A friend from these forums said he flashed 2.65 as well, but he did this (below) first to have systemless root before flashing the zip:
In TWRP File Terminal, enter the command:
"echo SYSTEMLESS=true>>/data/.supersu"
Check Systemless with:
cat /data/.supersu
Make sure the terminal returns SYSTEMLESS=true

I'm actually a little confused with all of this. There is SuperSU Stable, Experimental, Beta. The experimental thread is talking about systemless install. Beta is supposedly systemless but it's not mentioned in the OP. The changelogs show systemless here and there in this thread. From what I deduced v2.65 is systemless (see some changes in the changelog regarding systemless) and you can just flash it - but then I had a bootloop. So it might only be 2.65 beta that's systemless - but then again, the beta and stable have the same time reference in their filenames (20151226141550), and this beta is found in the experimental thread. When it's systemless I apparently shouldn't need to run any commands in terminal as it is automated? Then I'm reading about flashing 2.62-3 (don't know if it's just a simple flash or what) and then update (another moto user claimed it worked) to who knows what (update=simple flash on top - I'm not sure, I've been using a RAZR and a custom ROM with built in root). I stopped using SuperSU when it gave me bootloops on my RAZR - think around December last year.

I am looking to do a systemless root though. I think when I flashed it, it probably wasn't systemless. Sorry, I'm in that initial phase of getting up to speed and learning with a new device.

TIA!!!! --> As I read in the one supersu thread...

At the end it doesn't matter which version you install as they are all systemless
stable, beta, experimental version greater than v2.56
If you don't know just stick with stable the safest option you have

As for the code to let it install systemless on your device use the following code, I borroughed it from other users on this forum.

Code:
echo SYSTEMLESS=true>>/data/.supersu
Then:
Code:
echo BINDSYSTEMXBIN=false>>/data/.supersu
Followed by the installation of whatever version of SuperSU greater than v2.56
The Following User Says Thank You to grep_i For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift grep_i Ad-Free
18th April 2016, 05:34 AM |#10514  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 98

Donate to Me
More
Does anyone know how I can update the SU binary?
I have installed SuperSU 2.65 on my rooted Galaxy Edge, but I am having problems with some apps which require root access. For instance, Gemini app manager and ES file explorer do not ask for root permissions (so I can Grant them root access).
18th April 2016, 05:37 AM |#10515  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alireza_simkesh

I have installed SuperSU 2.65 on my rooted Galaxy Edge, but I am having problems with some apps which require root access. For instance, Gemini app manager and ES file explorer do not ask for root permissions (so I can Grant them root access).

Throw ES file explorer as far as you can. Try Solid explorer or Root Explorer. ES can't handle systemless root.
The Following User Says Thank You to spainter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spainter Ad-Free
18th April 2016, 05:38 AM |#10516  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,806

More
Quote:

From the OP

Quote:

Issues installing / updating binaries ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...lures-t2907365

and

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=5493
The Following User Says Thank You to Pkt_Lnt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pkt_Lnt Ad-Free
18th April 2016, 05:59 AM |#10517  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 98

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt

From the OP

and

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=5493

I followed your second link and I do get a # sign, so it is an issue with compatibility mode.
I then entered the given command in Terminal Emulator in order to enable compatibility mode, and after than installed SuperSU.apk. But I do not see any compatibility mode options in its settings. Did I skip any instructions here?
18th April 2016, 06:11 AM |#10518  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,806

More
Quote:

I followed your second link and I do get a # sign, so it is an issue with compatibility mode.
I then entered the given command in Terminal Emulator in order to enable compatibility mode, and after than installed SuperSU.apk. But I do not see any compatibility mode options in its settings. Did I skip any instructions here?

I don't know, I did not type the solution, I just gave you the link to it. You might ask the person who offered the solution in the thread where they posted the solution.? The ES File Explorer question gets asked about every 10 posts over there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pkt_Lnt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pkt_Lnt Ad-Free
18th April 2016, 02:06 PM |#10519  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
@Chainfire,
I have so far not managed to buy me the Pro version of your SuperSu , Sorry . My question now is : I am at the moment on the Sixperience S7 V1.0 Port of Geiti94 . This Rome SuperSu Free V2.70 is installed . But now when I want to update to the Pro version , then my only SuperSu Pro version 2.65 is available in the Play Store . Can I still buy the pro version , without my version number is changed because the SuperSu Free V2.70 should indeed remain installed because there are probably problems with the 2.65 version , with my insatllierten Rome .
The Following User Says Thank You to 84Odin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 84Odin Ad-Free
18th April 2016, 02:36 PM |#10520  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Odin

@Chainfire,
I have so far not managed to buy me the Pro version of your SuperSu , Sorry . My question now is : I am at the moment on the Sixperience S7 V1.0 Port of Geiti94 . This Rome SuperSu Free V2.70 is installed . But now when I want to update to the Pro version , then my only SuperSu Pro version 2.65 is available in the Play Store . Can I still buy the pro version , without my version number is changed because the SuperSu Free V2.70 should indeed remain installed because there are probably problems with the 2.65 version , with my insatllierten Rome .

The version of the pro key happens to be the same as the stable version of SuperSu. It was upgraded from 2.05 to 2.65 just a short time ago but works for all versions of SuperSu. When you buy and install the key it will update all versions of SuperSu to pro. On my devices it shows Pro SuperSu 2.7.1 on the Nexus Devices and Pro SuperSu 2.6.5 on the others.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spainter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spainter Ad-Free
18th April 2016, 04:07 PM |#10521  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,364

Donate to Me
More
In Cm12.1 (which I have), I open up (un-hide) the developer options and set the root access to apps & adb.

This prevents the # and allows the SuperSU app to to it's thing.

Just a suggestion/thought...
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, super user functions
Previous Thread Next Thread