FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STABLE][2016.07.05] SuperSU v2.76 [CLOSED]

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,052

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 9th March 2012, 09:20 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
17th July 2016, 10:19 PM |#11021  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 2,895

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grep_i

No I am not aware of that I guess you should try to find out.

I tried it on the S7 Edge and, unfortunately, I was right that it doesn't work. adb reboot-bootloader simply reboots the phone, i.e. back to the OS.

---------- Post added at 23:19 ---------- Previous post was at 23:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Use my commands from within TWRP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by egingell

^This. TWRP's commands and binaries are independent from the ROM (ie it has its own).

I tried it on my tablet and, yes, TWRP correctly resized the image. Thanks.

I'm aware that TWRP has its own binaries, but the image resizing that SuperSU 2.76 natively attempts is performed, as far as I can tell, by /sbin/launch_daemonsu.sh.

Looking inside that file, resize2fs is called without a path, so whichever $PATH is in effect at the time is the one that is used. That presumably results in the ineffective invocation of /system/bin/resize2fs on these Samsung devices.

I don't have TWRP on my S7 Edge, so I'll have to either install it or look up how to create a flashable ZIP for FlashFire if I want to resize the image on that device as well.

Actually, now that I think about it, TWRP won't even work on the S7 Edge, because /data is encrypted.
The Following User Says Thank You to ianmacd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ianmacd Ad-Free

17th July 2016, 11:19 PM |#11022  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,806

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmacd

I tried it on the S7 Edge and, unfortunately, I was right that it doesn't work. adb reboot-bootloader simply reboots the phone, i.e. back to the OS

no dash

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
18th July 2016, 12:59 AM |#11023  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 2,874

Donate to Me
More
Hey @Chainfire is there anyway to make a flashable of the adb package you made for the s7e? Other wise can't build any roms > Been trying to do it myself but coming up short . Thanks for all your hard work!!
18th July 2016, 01:42 AM |#11024  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 2,895

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt

no dash

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

reboot-bootloader with a dash also exists as a command.
18th July 2016, 06:27 AM |#11025  
Thanks Meter: 617

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmacd

reboot-bootloader with a dash also exists as a command.

Strange.
That is the right command.
Does that mean your phone has a different bootloader not accessible with the default Android Debug Bridge tools, I guess not because you said it would reboot the phone by using the command.
That is normal but it should boot to a bootloader menu.
When it shows that menu you should execute the fastboot command.
It's that I don't own a S7 myself my neighbor does but I will not see him until Friday because of different work schedules.
Friday I will borrow his phone and test it myself and report back.
One quick question do you have Exynos or Qualcomm processor ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA-Developers mobile app
18th July 2016, 07:35 AM |#11026  
Thanks Meter: 2,073

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Strange.
That is the right command.
Does that mean your phone has a different bootloader not accessible with the default Android Debug Bridge tools, I guess not because you said it would reboot the phone by using the command.
That is normal but it should boot to a bootloader menu.
When it shows that menu you should execute the fastboot command.
It's that I don't own a S7 myself my neighbor does but I will not see him until Friday because of different work schedules.
Friday I will borrow his phone and test it myself and report back.
One quick question do you have Exynos or Qualcomm processor ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA-Developers mobile app

When I do 'adb reboot bootloader', I get Odin mode.

Sent from: SGS5 - MM 6.0.1 / SGS4 - LP 5.0.1
18th July 2016, 08:02 AM |#11027  
Thanks Meter: 224

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by egingell

When I do 'adb reboot bootloader', I get Odin mode.

that's because samsung replaced standard fastboot mode with odin mode. in other words there is no fastboot mode on samsung devices..

Gesendet von meinem ONE E1003 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tet-bundy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tet-bundy Ad-Free
18th July 2016, 08:24 AM |#11028  
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Quote:

OK that's great did you try App2SD which has been updated recently June 21 2016?

I really don't want to waste this theme by discussion about third-party app. But need to notice if app still can ask SuperSU for root, all further behavior is on Chainfire.

App2SD by Sam Lu doesn't have Link2SD functional. I told about Apps2SD by Vicky Bonick. I can't so simple check it. Just don't have free space to move all stuff back before linking by other program.
18th July 2016, 08:45 AM |#11029  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,512

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishpmb

Dear @Chainfire.
Your great Super SU is a staple for all devs out there.
There is one group over at Echoe who use your work which is integral to their work,give you credit (hooray) but charge it's members a full 10 Euros. I was told that over the last few days 7000 people paid 10 Euros each for work that cannot operate without your hard work.
Question,do you know that your free excellent work is being charged for in part and even though you receive credit, have you been made aware that to a large extent Echoe is selling your and other Devs like @zubi work?

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

Does @Chainfire know about this. Have you got links, evidence?
18th July 2016, 09:02 AM |#11030  
Thanks Meter: 2,073

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

Does @Chainfire know about this. Have you got links, evidence?

People charge for root-required apps all the time. Just because SuperSU is included doesn't change anything. As long as they're not charging for just SuperSU and nothing else, they're fine.

18th July 2016, 09:36 AM |#11031  
Flag Elounda
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Samsung tab s2 user (sm-t715) android 6.0.1 will there ever be system root option? I have a custom kernel which adds selinux support, but what ever I try to install to system is deleted after system reboot.. even if I flash with twrp

Sent from my GT-I9301I using XDA-Developers mobile app
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, super user functions
Previous Thread Next Thread