FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STABLE][2016.07.05] SuperSU v2.76 [CLOSED]

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,049

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 9th March 2012, 09:20 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
18th July 2016, 09:36 AM |#11031  
Flag Elounda
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Samsung tab s2 user (sm-t715) android 6.0.1 will there ever be system root option? I have a custom kernel which adds selinux support, but what ever I try to install to system is deleted after system reboot.. even if I flash with twrp

Sent from my GT-I9301I using XDA-Developers mobile app

18th July 2016, 10:31 AM |#11032  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 30,084

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmacd

I tried it on my tablet and, yes, TWRP correctly resized the image. Thanks.

I'm aware that TWRP has its own binaries, but the image resizing that SuperSU 2.76 natively attempts is performed, as far as I can tell, by /sbin/launch_daemonsu.sh.

Looking inside that file, resize2fs is called without a path, so whichever $PATH is in effect at the time is the one that is used. That presumably results in the ineffective invocation of /system/bin/resize2fs on these Samsung devices.

I don't have TWRP on my S7 Edge, so I'll have to either install it or look up how to create a flashable ZIP for FlashFire if I want to resize the image on that device as well.

Actually, now that I think about it, TWRP won't even work on the S7 Edge, because /data is encrypted.

Fair enough! Should probably be posted as a FlashFire issue on that thread however, since the issue is more it not having a replacement resize2fs or not taking precedence over the system one.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2016, 10:45 AM |#11033  
Flag Kunfunadhoo, Baa Atoll
Thanks Meter: 2,885

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Fair enough! Should probably be posted as a FlashFire issue on that thread however, since the issue is more it not having a replacement resize2fs or not taking precedence over the system one.

But this has nothing to do with FlashFire, I thought. /sbin/launch_daemonsu.sh is part of SuperSU and is run at boot time, I think. Or am I wrong about that?

I've just created a flashable ZIP for FlashFire and gave that a shot, but that gives resize2fs: command not found.

Oh well.

I suppose I could just enlarge su.img on my laptop and then copy it back into place from the SD card (via a FlashFire ZIP). I'm not sure whether that has any hidden dangers, though.
18th July 2016, 11:28 AM |#11034  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
It didn't log even if the full logging was turned on. I am using v2.76 SuperSu. It didn't happen before as far as I know. It happened only once and all other commands of this app and other apps were logged.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160718-153129.png
Views:	428
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	3816218  
18th July 2016, 12:59 PM |#11035  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 30,084

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmacd

But this has nothing to do with FlashFire, I thought. /sbin/launch_daemonsu.sh is part of SuperSU and is run at boot time, I think. Or am I wrong about that?

I've just created a flashable ZIP for FlashFire and gave that a shot, but that gives resize2fs: command not found.

Oh well.

I suppose I could just enlarge su.img on my laptop and then copy it back into place from the SD card (via a FlashFire ZIP). I'm not sure whether that has any hidden dangers, though.

I was thinking more FlashFire should be including anything TWRP does (especially if the SuperSU zip tries to use it), so it'd better be filed under a FlashFire bug, but I guess it could go either way?
metoyamoto
18th July 2016, 03:28 PM |#11036  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So, no one is getting a camera crash on Android N preview 4? I searched the thread, but no mention at all. Is Android N preview 4 unsupported?
18th July 2016, 03:38 PM |#11037  
Thanks Meter: 580

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermes2xgreat

So, no one is getting a camera crash on Android N preview 4? I searched the thread, but no mention at all. Is Android N preview 4 unsupported?

Wrong thread
18th July 2016, 04:20 PM |#11038  
Flag Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
Thanks Meter: 2,036

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermes2xgreat

No crash on my N5X, I have no issues with root...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Labs
18th July 2016, 04:36 PM |#11039  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

v2.76 released !

Download: UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip
(Google Play release later today by CCMT)

Changelog: post #3

Notes:
CCMT is starting to take over development, and will soon also take over support in these XDA threads as well. The ZIPs linked from the XDA threads for download from my server (chainfire.eu) have always been checked, built and uploaded by myself. It may well be that v2.76 is the last version where this is the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Regarding bootloop, note that SuperSU ZIP install can reboot twice.

Unfortunately, sometimes one of the reboots inside the cycle may cause a file on /data to become corrupted, which in turn can cause another reboot and/or a boot freeze, which you can get out of by manually rebooting. I've only seen this happen on Samsung devices, by the way.

Additionally, xposed may trigger a reboot and automatically disabled itself in case of some issue as well. This might be a cause for an extra loop as well as the reason you needed to reinstall it.

Good news coming on that front soon.

Hearing about successes is good, especially from users that have seen problems in the past.

I wish I wrote bugfree code, but alas I do not. Memory leak tracking is tricky and time-consuming with su's daemon, and the big leak fixed in this case originates in libc, so allocation trackers didn't even catch it.

Enable compatibility mode (BINDSYSTEMXBIN flag), modify /system and touch /system/xbin/su, or wait for an update. ES File Explorer update is coming soon, at least.

To be updated to 96M your su.img needs to be exactly the original size, and you need to update SuperSU through the ZIP installer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy0209

On the M9, you have to start fresh to be able to use supersu after 2.65...

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

First, I went back to July 5th when this was released and read up to the end. It looked like it was slightly discussed but I didn't see anything definitive or why. I have an HTC One M9 running stock rooted ROM, s-off, with unlocked bootloader, TWRP 3.0.2-0 installed, on version 3.41.651.4. When I try installing 2.76 I get a bootloop I can't get out of. I had to hold down the volume button to go into recovery and flash a stock boot.img to get it to boot. I tried different combinations of clearing cache, dalvik, etc. and nothing worked. I get a bootloop every time I try to flash 2.76.

2.65 works just fine and I was able to flash that without issue and get root. Just curious to why this is happening and if anyone wants any logs to help troubleshoot the issue, just let me know what you need. Maybe it's a known issue and I can't use 2.76 but I didn't see that anywhere either.
18th July 2016, 06:32 PM |#11040  
Thanks Meter: 1,966

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpdamas

2.65 works just fine and I was able to flash that without issue and get root. Just curious to why this is happening and if anyone wants any logs to help troubleshoot the issue, just let me know what you need. Maybe it's a known issue and I can't use 2.76 but I didn't see that anywhere either.

I don't have an HTC. I have seen posts confirming M9 running on 2.76.

That said, I would start by saving the log from a supersu flash from a clean start, including a factory reset and fresh rom. Look at the log to see if it's installing in system or systemless then I would try forcing the opposite.

If you didn't do a factory reset that might be all you needed. A always, make sure to back up your phone before fussing
18th July 2016, 08:07 PM |#11041  
Flag Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
Thanks Meter: 2,036

More
Only FYI, flashed DP5 factory image on my N5X, rooted with CF Auto Root and then updated SuperSU app via Google Play and binaries via SuperSU app, everything works...
Thanks @Chainfire
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, super user functions
Previous Thread Next Thread