Android 3.0 Honeycomb Preview Image v04 - 2/7/2011

58 posts
Thanks Meter: 609

By deeper-blue, Member on 1st February 2011, 09:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th February 2011, 06:41 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I installed Pulse apk (no push, just installed) and it looks great, but cant select any stories. V3 here. Havent tried v4 yet

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
8th February 2011, 06:50 PM |#1002  

More
This happened to me on v3. Even installed better keyboard with same results. But after 2 or 3 reboots everything worked fine.
I would suggest reboot, play with stuff other than keyboard for a while.
Wash, rinse, repeat. Cant say this works on v4, but can say it is not unique to 4. I had it on 3 and it went away all on its own

8th February 2011, 06:52 PM |#1003  
Capitola CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbnet

I went through 6 brands a while ago... Sandisk are most consistently faster than rated But I ended up buying a handful of KingMax 4GB Class-10 from buy.com as they were the Clear Winners for me... Last nite's making HCv4 I got 20MB/s Reads and 14+MB/s writes... this has been the only reason I've been able to get over 2000 Quadrant scores from both Froyo and HC running from these SDCards with recent versions...

I wonder whether this KingMax card may actually be faster than the internal eMMC "card".
Which is to say, I would love to know is there a limit in read/write speeds beyond which it won't make any sense to transfer "next" OS version to internal "card"?

A very valuable discovery, I'll put it in my collection of tips and tricks and problems of NC (fineoils.blogspot.com).

Again, I was asking those NC users who are successfully on v4, and among them those who feel increased sensitivity of their screens edges and corners, did it translate into hypersensitivity/"fantom" touches in more central parts of your screens?

Also, deeper-blue when stating he adjusted heap size might implied he actually needs some response on whether he's on the right HC optimization path. Namely, has anyone noticed the increase in free memory, less foreclosures in memory-demanding apps (like Pulse, Maps, G Earth, and great many others). There might be also a small (or not so small) increase in scroll speeds of very long Web pages, and other improvements I can't actually observe on my NC -- just run out of good SD cards.
TIA.
8th February 2011, 06:52 PM |#1004  

More
+1
I have tried 2 off brands at class 6 and 10. My class 2 sandisk outperforms both

8th February 2011, 07:42 PM |#1005  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 6

More
V04 is working great! I havent found a single problem yet. Now we just need to get this on EMMC.

Sent from my HonneyNook!
8th February 2011, 07:44 PM |#1006  

More
I just installed v03 on the 6th, and am too lazy to start over yet putting stuff on it and crud. I might wait till v05 or something.
8th February 2011, 07:46 PM |#1007  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdtrekkie

I just installed v03 on the 6th, and am too lazy to start over yet putting stuff on it and crud. I might wait till v05 or something.

Thanks for all that awesome useful info! One great post deserves another. (Kidding) I'm done now.
8th February 2011, 07:47 PM |#1008  
Flag raleigh nc
Thanks Meter: 27

More
anyone notice that they are no longer able to transfer files via usb anymore? adb still recognizes it but i have to pull my card and manually transfer stuff. any fix or is this everyone?
8th February 2011, 08:42 PM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aludal

... did it translate into hypersensitivity/"fantom" touches in more central parts of your screens?

As I mentioned a few pages back I am experiencing these phantom touches since I installed v4. I hadn't correlated it with the middle of the screen, but it's possible that is the case.
8th February 2011, 08:45 PM |#1010  
Flag Sunny Florida
Thanks Meter: 279

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsaken82

anyone notice that they are no longer able to transfer files via usb anymore? adb still recognizes it but i have to pull my card and manually transfer stuff. any fix or is this everyone?

not having that issue, Everything transfer via adb, I no longer see the Nook drives on my MAC..
8th February 2011, 08:50 PM |#1011  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 33

More
SO should I be ok with a Sandisk 8 gb card or should I just stick with a 4 gb?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)