411 posts
Thanks Meter: 602

By Vashypooh, Senior Member on 19th December 2011, 07:01 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
9th March 2013, 09:48 PM |#2181  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Re: [Root][TWRP][FFF][CWM]Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.6 (5/09/12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiascuypers

So ive heard that the newest version of stock (6.3.2) that that update breaks root? Know if this will be updated?

I don't think anything will happen with kfu, but Ichigo is working on uploading a rooted 6.3.2, if that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo

I can provide a rooted stock ROM of 6.3.2(also an ALT ROM) if you guys really want. It won't be MoDaCo, but it'll do.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk HD

10th March 2013, 12:20 PM |#2182  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Outside of a driver issue and meaningless install issue KFU removed the root checker in 6.3.2 and everything is fine. Here's exactly how it went:

Had already rooted and installed FFF/TWRP/SU before the update broke root.

KFU installed FFF again, TWRP again, Fire booted into TWRP and got stuck, I ran the install_driver bat, that killed ADB totally/couldn't see the device, unplugged the Fire, rebooted out of TWRP, removed the ADB interface drivers under Android Phone in device manager, plugged Fire back in and it installed default driver on its own, ran KFU, everything worked (removed root checker) but trying to install Superuser failed since the system was running, but already had it installed anyway.
12th March 2013, 02:50 AM |#2183  
Flag Ypsi
Thanks Meter: 49

More
I just got a second-hand KF (factory reset) with 6.3.2 loaded on it. The drivers with 0.9.6 load fine on Win7 64-bit. Everytime I try to run something from the 0.9.6 utility, I either get "unable to locate your KF" or simply "waiting for device." The KF itself never responds to anything, only sits at the screen with the USB disconnect button. I've rebooted the device a time or two while the utility was "waiting," but still no go.

With 0.9.5, when I try the perm root/su install, the utility says activating fastboot, adb server is out of date, killing, *daemon started successfully*, then it just sits there, never going past that point.

I noticed just in the past day, someone questioned whether 6.3.2 would break root... is it not friendly with KFU at all now? If it is, I'd appreciate any tips on how to get this working. Essentially, all I want to do is get the Play market running on this thing. I got the apk from this thread... forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=38805766, but it seems I need Google framework installed before I can add an account to the Play app (?). Thanks in advance.
12th March 2013, 05:06 PM |#2184  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
See my post above (I had typod the version number before, oops...). Though I already had the files needed installed, so you may hit an issue with Superuser. It worked to re-root my 6.3.2.
13th March 2013, 04:53 AM |#2185  
Flag Ypsi
Thanks Meter: 49

More
I tried removing the drivers that came with the utility as you did Xeddicus, using the native drivers, and still nothing. For some reason, it's just not seeing my device. The drivers are there, the KF says it's ready for file transfers, everything looks good in device manager, but no go. ADB status mostly shows offline, once in a while shows online with unknown for boot status, and once in a great while shows online with 4000 for boot status. When it does, I try to perm root, but by the time that gets going, it says it can't see the device again. ???
13th March 2013, 07:13 AM |#2186  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 2,537

More
Re: [Root][TWRP][FFF][CWM]Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.6 (5/09/12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter1979

I tried removing the drivers that came with the utility as you did Xeddicus, using the native drivers, and still nothing. For some reason, it's just not seeing my device. The drivers are there, the KF says it's ready for file transfers, everything looks good in device manager, but no go. ADB status mostly shows offline, once in a while shows online with unknown for boot status, and once in a great while shows online with 4000 for boot status. When it does, I try to perm root, but by the time that gets going, it says it can't see the device again. ???

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2179748
16th March 2013, 05:18 AM |#2187  
Flag A Dark Room
Thanks Meter: 1,190

Donate to Me
More
New version of KFU
I PM'd VashyPooh and he is no longer supporting KFU because he doesn't own a Kindle Fire anymore. So now I will be maintaining this project for now. I am going to make a new thread and release Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.7+. Here is the new thread I don't know what should be done with this thread though once it becomes obsolete.

VashyPooh, thank you for what you've done here you've helped me and thousands of people root, install custom firmware, and de-brick our devices. We really appreciate what you've done for us and all the hard work you've put in to this.

Also, thank you for letting me update this because now your utility will be able to help even more people.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to awidawad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift awidawad Ad-Free
16th March 2013, 05:49 AM |#2188  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 2,537

More
Re: [Root][TWRP][FFF][CWM]Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.6 (5/09/12) [First Gen Only]
Quote:
Originally Posted by awidawad

I PM'd VashyPooh and he is no longer supporting KFU because he doesn't own a Kindle Fire anymore. So now I will be maintaining this project for now. I am going to make a new thread and release Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.7+. Here is the new thread I don't know what should be done with this thread though once it becomes obsolete.

VashyPooh, thank you for what you've done here you've helped me and thousands of people root, install custom firmware, and de-brick our devices. We really appreciate what you've done for us and all the hard work you've put in to this.

Also, thank you for letting me update this because now your utility will be able to help even more people.

I would suggest using the report feature for this thread and making the Mods aware of the situation so they can unsticky it and maybe put yours in it's place.
16th March 2013, 05:54 AM |#2189  
Flag A Dark Room
Thanks Meter: 1,190

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupmagnet

I would suggest using the report feature for this thread and making the Mods aware of the situation so they can unsticky it and maybe put yours in it's place.

Thanks for the heads up. Once I'm done testing and have the files uploaded I will do so.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootmode, debrick, drivers, kindle, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread