[Q] Is HTC more 'buggy' than Samsung or another brand/OS?

Search This thread

Catalinah3

Apr 7, 2014
Hi, I have had the HTC amaze and the HTC One X+ as my 2 first smartphones and wonder if HTC is more 'buggy' in the long term than other androids even apple. As they seem to have several very weird issues, especially towards the end of my 1 year warranty, when my carrier will replace the phone for another one of equal value, after a lot of hassle on my part. The sales lady at the store asked me if I was 'sure' that I wanted to get another HTC as per all my problems with these 2 HTC phones. I have also heard that HTC is quite buggy. I was waiting for the new HTC One (M8) to go on sale later this week, then compared it to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Samsung Galaxy 5, checked out the Nexus 5, and frankly, since I am not a developer, I don't know anymore!!:confused: and I need to change my current HTC One X+ as it is going insane after it came back from the repair shop with a whole new set of problems...

Does anyone who knows and has experience with this actually know if there is a difference between the HTC and Samsung and they acting weird after a couple of months (or sooner)? Or does this happen to all smartphones after a while, android or not? As I have tried the first Samsung Galaxy One and that one was sooo annoying it drove me insane and I returned it for a 4th time to the dealer (who gave me a new phone each time) with a firm resolution to NEVER to buy any Samsung phone again! (that was what, 4 years ago?)

Also users report having problems with their phones that they didn't have before after their updates of the software which seems to cause all kinds of issues, from loss of wifi to battery going dead right away and phone getting super hot (also issues I had with that first Samsung Galaxy!)

Any input would be GRREATLY appreciated!!! :D

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Hi, I have had the HTC amaze and the HTC One X+ as my 2 first smartphones and wonder if HTC is more 'buggy' in the long term than other androids even apple. As they seem to have several very weird issues, especially towards the end of my 1 year warranty, when my carrier will replace the phone for another one of equal value, after a lot of hassle on my part. The sales lady at the store asked me if I was 'sure' that I wanted to get another HTC as per all my problems with these 2 HTC phones. I have also heard that HTC is quite buggy. I was waiting for the new HTC One (M8) to go on sale later this week, then compared it to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Samsung Galaxy 5, checked out the Nexus 5, and frankly, since I am not a developer, I don't know anymore!!:confused: and I need to change my current HTC One X+ as it is going insane after it came back from the repair shop with a whole new set of problems...

Does anyone who knows and has experience with this actually know if there is a difference between the HTC and Samsung and they acting weird after a couple of months (or sooner)? Or does this happen to all smartphones after a while, android or not? As I have tried the first Samsung Galaxy One and that one was sooo annoying it drove me insane and I returned it for a 4th time to the dealer (who gave me a new phone each time) with a firm resolution to NEVER to buy any Samsung phone again! (that was what, 4 years ago?)

Also users report having problems with their phones that they didn't have before after their updates of the software which seems to cause all kinds of issues, from loss of wifi to battery going dead right away and phone getting super hot (also issues I had with that first Samsung Galaxy!)

Any input would be GRREATLY appreciated!!! :D

I have used HTC Wildfire S + HTC One S + Samsung Galaxy W + Samsung Galaxy SII on my own:

Had never any hardware related issues that was caused to the manufacturer.
HTC Wildfire S charging port broke after 2 years of usage, probably because i used many different chargers, also from other brands (Don't do so!)
Samsung Galaxy II's rear camera is dead, because phone fell into the toilet. After drying it all features but the camera still work.

Original preinstalled software has been real lame on EVERY phone i ever had in my hands. Many "bugs" are software related.

I can't remember that one of my friends had a samsung or htc phone that broke without being missused in any way.

I think both are quality products. Its just important to take some care of your phone.