Gee vs um..normal ls970 ROMs?

Search This thread

_dannyboy

Jan 12, 2013
What's the difference? I wasn't on the forum when GEE ROMs became a thing so I'm not sure what the difference is. It's clearly a lot more gee ROMs than normal ls970 ones so I'm lost.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Free mobile app

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
What's the difference? I wasn't on the forum when GEE ROMs became a thing so I'm not sure what the difference is. It's clearly a lot more gee ROMs than normal ls970 ones so I'm lost.

Gee ROMS can be used on almost any variant of the Optimus G, but basically it's a compatible source tree for GEEspr and GEEhrc which are respectively sprint ls970 and the international e975.

Also, the GEE roms can be used on the ATT version with a compatible kernel. There have been a lot of questions about it but basically the sources for GEE are newer than the sources for the ls970 which would be what you see as gproj.

The GEE sources are really compatible and depending on the ROM there are little to no issues and you won't notice a difference to the naked eye. When flashing a GEE ROM make sure to use a GEE kernel, there are only 2 kernels for the gproj source, so anything you see with ls970 that does not say GEE will only let you use one of those 2 (maybe 3) kernels.

Some phones work better with one or the other but I have never had a problem with either.

Keep browsing and I am sure you will find a more direct answer, but this is my experiences with it as I too was one with questions.

_dannyboy

Jan 12, 2013
Gee ROMS can be used on almost any variant of the Optimus G, but basically it's a compatible source tree for GEEspr and GEEhrc which are respectively sprint ls970 and the international e975.

Also, the GEE roms can be used on the ATT version with a compatible kernel. There have been a lot of questions about it but basically the sources for GEE are newer than the sources for the ls970 which would be what you see as gproj.

The GEE sources are really compatible and depending on the ROM there are little to no issues and you won't notice a difference to the naked eye. When flashing a GEE ROM make sure to use a GEE kernel, there are only 2 kernels for the gproj source, so anything you see with ls970 that does not say GEE will only let you use one of those 2 (maybe 3) kernels.

Some phones work better with one or the other but I have never had a problem with either.

Keep browsing and I am sure you will find a more direct answer, but this is my experiences with it as I too was one with questions.

That's actually very helpful man. Thanks a lot.

EFEXR

Mar 16, 2013
The only difference I noticed with gee roms & ls970 roms are the camers.
I have the Sprint LS970, I dont know what everybody else has since multiple variants of Lg Optimus G models came to this board.
When I flash Gee roms the camera(& video) seem to lag A LOT. When I flash LS970 I see no lag at all in the camera and feels really nice to take pictures.
That's the only difference that I have encountered.

sharkboy0901

Jun 15, 2011
Another difference is screen color, imo ls970 roms have much nicer color.

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
For my old optimus G, the Gee ROMs seemed A LOT more responsive and less laggy. On my new G though, they both are pretty fast and only difference I see is the camera quality.

iamterence

Feb 10, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
I feel like, in my opinion on the case of my OG, gee ROMs have better battery life. And gee ROMs' colors are more... "Washed out", but I actually like it. If LS970 had more kernel options, I'd probably use those ROMs a lot more.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.