Unbrick phone part: Rapidly Flashing Red Light.

Search This thread

omarvin

Nov 11, 2010
São Paulo
me too.

I was doing the LGNPST and it was stuck at 67% for 15 min so i unplugged and the phone did nothing so I turned it off from recovery and nothing. no power only the power flashes red for a few seconds after pressing.

I am out of town now but if I can get it to turn back on I will send it back since I just received it today.

... the same here, anyone found a solution? :crying:

omarvin

Nov 11, 2010
São Paulo
What happens when you plug it in to a computer?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
I hold the power button for 12 seconds, the sound of the windows warns that something was connected, going 3 seconds sound that something was disconnected (even without pressing button) in this short time the PST program can not connect, nothing appears on the screen and can not apply any ROM in download mode

I removed the battery, a charger was adapted to try a small charge, I tried several ways and so far, nothing.

I need help, here is hard to find anyone working with JTAG

TKS!

TangoXray

Dec 27, 2012
McAllen, TX
I hold the power button for 12 seconds, the sound of the windows warns that something was connected, going 3 seconds sound that something was disconnected (even without pressing button) in this short time the PST program can not connect, nothing appears on the screen and can not apply any ROM in download mode

I removed the battery, a charger was adapted to try a small charge, I tried several ways and so far, nothing.

I need help, here is hard to find anyone working with JTAG

TKS!

You're hard bricked. I'm sure your computer recognizes the phone as "qhsusb dwnld" or similar. Mobile tech videos ships international.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

AbuAzlan

Nov 17, 2011
Pune
Issue was not with Phone :)

I had the same issue.
phone was just not ready to boot.
after connecting to charger, it just flashed RED LED notifications..

nothing was happening to it.

i did everything i could but nothing worked.

finally, i just changed the charger (Adapter) and it worked for me.

i believe, there is some issue with LG Travel Adapters (Chargers)..

THanks everyone, i m using my phone normally becoause of you guys...

Reactions: qlkv

elgl

Feb 12, 2014
Thanks, I had the same problem where the red led was flashing while on a charger and not powering on otherwise. When it was just plugged in to the charger it would show the lg logo a couple of times. But opening it and unplugging the battery fixed it, thanks again! :)

Screw_E975

Jul 24, 2014
Vienna
Problem fixed :)

The problem, that the phone doesn`t charge is the left screw from the conncetor in front of the battery - when the screw to tighty screwed, the phone doesn`t charge.

After the change of the battery, screwing the right screw normaly, connect the charger - then you see the STATUS LED, then comes the left screw - screwing the screw at the point that the STATUS LED switch off - a little bit return the screw and the LED is switching on - that`s all - then put the adhesive tape on the connector.

Simply finished :good: .

Sorry for my broken english, but i think you`ll understand it.

Last edited:

badbomb

Jun 29, 2012
Chennai
Had the same problem, in my case it was the charger causing the problem, the phone started charging once I changed the charger.

qlkv

Dec 12, 2014
I had the same issue.

Thanks! Your solution help with my issue! I tried to change battery at repair service to another one (used) and after week I got same issue again...I was ready to unmount my phone and disconnect battery as topicstarter says, but later I read this message and tried to plug Sony Charger. And...wow! It's turned on!

Claureid

Apr 4, 2012
Hello all.

This guide will help you if you have:

A phone that will not turn on unless you plug it in and even then only an LG sign shows up followed by either blank/ rapidly flashing red light.

to my knowledge, what happened to put the phone in this state is the battery died while you were flashing a rom or something as such and the phone got confused on if it should be in charge mode or not.

being that the phone has a sealed battery, it is not as easy to pull out the battery as it is on other phones.

Fortunately for us, it is not difficult at all to unplug the battery!

REQ: torx screw driver that will fit but NOT STRIP the screws at the bottom of the phone.
Small phillips screw driver.

**I suggest charging the phone for a good 10 minutes before starting this. just to make sure it has a charge.

Step 1: unscrew the two screws at the bottom of the phone CAREFULLY!

Step 2: with your nails carefully pry up the back cover (inspect the phone carefully and identify the back cover from the rest of the phone.) off starting from the bottom of the phone.

Step 3: peel back the blue tape on the connector and remove the two screws.

Step 4: carefully pry up the connector from the top.

Step 5: plug back in and try powering on. By this point you should know if it worked and you can start putting the phone back together.

This guide is not the best (My first) but if you have any questions send me a message.

Good luck with your phones!

Thank you, xj220gt.......... You saved me and my dad's 32,000 rupees........ you are the bearer of XDA forums spirit........ :')

Daniieelle

Sep 12, 2015
I need help!!

Ok so, i was wonderiong if you can help me with a situation going on with my Lg G3

Basically, i was at a pool party and what im aware of my phone did NOT fall into the pool, but water fell ontop of it, not much i might add. So after that like about 30min-1hour later i go to check out the phone, and it dosent turn on. So im thinking to myself ok maybe more water fell on it. So i put my phone in a bag of rice for 4 days, and untill yesturday i go and try and turn it on and nothing. Not a slash, no LG logo on it nothing, now the back of the phone is rather humid so i go and charge it. I leave it there for 2 hours or so and nothing. So the next day comes (today) i re charge with a new charger new location new everything. So i connect the phone first with my laptop (I have a chromebook) and so once i connect it to the charger and a red LED light comes up, and its there for like about 1-3 minutes and then its gone. I tryed to turn the botton but then the back of the phone to where like the camera is, it gets humid, so i diddnt want it to explode or anything so i put it around my AC so it can "cool down". I might add that this is not a brand new phone, its a used phone my aunt brought it around last december (2014) and i just got it recently about like a week ago, she told me that the phone was basically brand new i told her what happened she tells me its strange because that never happened to her before so i dont know. If you have more/any questions about the phone ask me and im glad to answer, please please please if you can help me, i bought the phone from her myself and i spent alot of money, and i dont want it to go to waist so please if you can email me back.
Thank You.

azad.ptl

Oct 14, 2015
i cracked my back glass and upon ordering i recieved just the glass and not the plastic frame around it....can anyone help me to replace the glass?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all.

This guide will help you if you have:

A phone that will not turn on unless you plug it in and even then only an LG sign shows up followed by either blank/ rapidly flashing red light.

to my knowledge, what happened to put the phone in this state is the battery died while you were flashing a rom or something as such and the phone got confused on if it should be in charge mode or not.

being that the phone has a sealed battery, it is not as easy to pull out the battery as it is on other phones.

Fortunately for us, it is not difficult at all to unplug the battery!

REQ: torx screw driver that will fit but NOT STRIP the screws at the bottom of the phone.
    Small phillips screw driver.

**I suggest charging the phone for a good 10 minutes before starting this. just to make sure it has a charge.

Step 1: unscrew the two screws at the bottom of the phone CAREFULLY!

Step 2: with your nails carefully pry up the back cover (inspect the phone carefully and identify the back cover from the rest of the phone.) off starting from the bottom of the phone.

Step 3: peel back the blue tape on the connector and remove the two screws.

Step 4: carefully pry up the connector from the top.

Step 5: plug back in and try powering on. By this point you should know if it worked and you can start putting the phone back together.

This guide is not the best (My first) but if you have any questions send me a message.

Good luck with your phones!
    Wow looks like there are connectors on the back to go to the inside of the back cover... I wonder if this is compatiable with the orbe!... if not it should be easy to use old Palm Touchstone parts to make it charge wirelessly.

I have the sprint version I am hoping it has the same connectors... You guys see the two prongs on the back cover adn the metal places they attach to??

Those prongs are for connecting to the antenna in the back cover, not a wireless charger.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Unfortunately, my phone is now completely unresponsive. I have had it plugged in to the original wall charger for over two hours and still no power. If i hold down the power button for about 15 seconds while plugged in the red light will blink once every second until i let go. However, if I unplug it and do the same the light will not come on. I'm about to disassemble my brick and see if the battery pull will help any.

Any success stories in detail would be appreciated. Plan B is to send it off to Mobiletechvideos.

Sent from my LGL35G using xda app-developers app

I did this trick a couple weeks ago when my phone stopped responding. Could only get flashing light while plugged in, and no response when not plugged in. Eventually while plugged in I could get to the bootloader, but could not get to recovery. This fix worked for me, though it may not work for you. You will need a T5 torx (star) screwdriver. Good luck.
    Issue was not with Phone :)

I had the same issue.