[Q] How to add Reboot Option in Android 4.2.1 ?

Search This thread

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
if your phone doesn't have a restart feature (which would be quite rediculous, haven't seen an Android phone like that), and you can't figure out how to use something like Xposed, then the Play Store is your only real option.

My Motorola Droid Razr Maxx didn't have a reboot option in the menu (although Power + Vol Up for several seconds would reboot). I don't think a reboot widget would work without root. My solution was using a widget from Rom Toolbox Pro, which I placed on the far corner of the left-most homepage, which had nothing else on it, so I wouldn't accidentally tap it. It required Superuser permissions, so I'm pretty sure such a thing would only work if the phone is rooted.

I'm guessing this Karbonn phone has a removable battery, because any phone with a non-removable battery should have some emergency reboot method.

Sankha1

Nov 8, 2013
Others posted about Xposed modules, I didn't notice if you said you are rooted or not, but if you are, and you install Xposed (not entirely difficult to install if you know enough to root), then checkout GravityBox, it works with lots of stock roms, and it has an option to add an Advanced Reboot menu, it even has a Screenshot option.

That is the best thing I could reccommend, if you are uncomfortable with something like that, then you really don't have any other choice but to install some kind of widget from the Play Store, I know you said not to say that, but it's just a fact, if your phone doesn't have a restart feature (which would be quite rediculous, haven't seen an Android phone like that), and you can't figure out how to use something like Xposed, then the Play Store is your only real option.

Yes My Phone is rooted . & yes its ridiculous.
Buy a MOTO G (owned & made By Google Now) U will see an Android without Reboot Button which came from google Itself.(My Bro Has Moto G 8 Gb & does not have any restart or reboot Button)

Well Thank You For Your suggestion... :)
May Be i will use Xposed modules or any apps from play :)

Last edited:

Sankha1

Nov 8, 2013
try this
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2384245
fund the codung for reboot button in status bar

but the Link You Provided is For ICS.
But still There is a Jelly bean link available but that link says do not try this on 4.0/4.2/4.3 or you will ended with SystemUI force closes (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2381290 )
& I have Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Installed(Stock OS Rooted)

May Be its better to use Xposed module or any app :(

Last edited:

Vaibhav Chauhan

Feb 17, 2014
Dahod, Gujarat
but the Link You Provided is For ICS.
But still There is a Jelly bean link available but that link says do not try this on 4.0/4.2/4.3 or you will ended with SystemUI force closes (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2381290 )
& I have Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Installed(Stock OS Rooted)

May Be its better to use Xposed module or any app :(

but you can search for jellybean too
porting on ics is more difficult then on jellybean

Sankha1

Nov 8, 2013
Nope. 2 phones does not make a trend. I own a cell repair shop and see dozens of different phones every week. The majority offer reboot options. But save yourself the hassle, root and install an app like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.notificationToggle unless you want to play with the decompiling, compiling of the app and reinstalling of an app like the systemui without having a custom recovery and a nandroid backup, which, I am trying to tell you, is a bad idea. I used to be a recognized themer back in the day and have done many mods like this. Doing this without a custom recovery is foolish unless you LIKE restoring your phone from the soft bricked state.

Yes you are right though , 2 phones does not make a trend.
Bad luck of mine.! Next time i will be more carefull buying new Android.
Thanks For your Suggestion :)
thinking About using Xposed modules or any apps from play .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If your phone is rooted, install the Xposed Framework (if you haven't already) and try this module.
    If you are looking for easy, you're out of luck. Adding this directly into the rom would require knowledge in decompiling / compiling apps, smali code editing, as well as being rooted as just the beginning steps. Knowing how to load the original firmware / software from the manufacturer in case it doesn't work and gets you stuck in a bootloop is almost certainly something you should be able to do before you even think of attempting. Either way, you'll need to root. Only other way to reboot the phone is via terminal and adb commands.
    oke ... can u describe the process step by step?
    i only want rebbot menu .

You'd have to find a dev that is familiar with your phone, or at least Karbonn software. They don't sell these phones in the US, so I've absolutely no experience with them. There are general guidelines for doing stuff like this, but it's very specific to your firmware as well, especially if Karbonn has a special UI that needs it's own kind of app decompiler or rules to decompile like HTC Sense software or MIUI. It's gonna be 100x easier and faster to just root it and reboot with an app.
    How to do it?
    any Step by Step Guide?!

try this
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2384245
    fund the codung for reboot button in status bar
    But I think Android is removing this option in Phone .
    If its not, then why android did not provide the reboot option in "MOTO G" ?? ( Motorola , owned by Google.)
    My bro has Moto G(8 Gb). but there is no Reboot Option in Power Menu. (Only power Off & Airplane Mode is Available)

Nope. 2 phones does not make a trend. I own a cell repair shop and see dozens of different phones every week. The majority offer reboot options. But save yourself the hassle, root and install an app like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.notificationToggle unless you want to play with the decompiling, compiling of the app and reinstalling of an app like the systemui without having a custom recovery and a nandroid backup, which, I am trying to tell you, is a bad idea. I used to be a recognized themer back in the day and have done many mods like this. Doing this without a custom recovery is foolish unless you LIKE restoring your phone from the soft bricked state.