[GUIDE] Win 95/98/XP and Linux OSs (Knoppix/Ubuntu/Redhat etc) on your Android!!!

Search This thread

Curtis428

Apr 23, 2017
Madison
Anyone successfuly installed windows xp directly onto the internal memory of android via vvfat folder? Do you think windows xp would operate better using actual memory space than a virtual disk image file? Ive tried and it freezes or stops working.

irastio

Jun 27, 2018
How can I connect to the internet (I guess through my phone's wifi card) on Win XP in emulator? I'm using limbo to emulate it but I can use any software that you will recommend, just send me step by step guide please. I tried using every network card available to choose in limbo, installing some drivers etc. I need internet connection because I want to download Steam games onto my phone and then transfer them through usb cable to my computer to avoid using a lot of power by computer. Please, help. I spend a lot of time on searching for a solution, but I found nothing.

pasaway14

Jul 13, 2018
Hello everyone I was curious about installing/running Windows OS on android after I see this thread, I tried bochs but networking doesn't work, and after a lot of digging internet I found out limbo emulator works well with network support (just use google my friend), I tried using win9x(95,98se), ME, NT because there's a source you can get it coz its abandoned already and I installed it with all drivers I gathered , I tried XP too but it was too laggy, I have compiled all the drivers in separate hdd(qcow2 file) but I don't know if its ok to post the file here :eek:

PS: I took 1 xda picture from Google as my wallpaper sorry for that :fingers-crossed:
-if its inappropriate kindly move or delete it, thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes ! Now you can run x86 based operating systems on your ARM device. :eek:

Now you can have full desktop windows/linux experience on your Android smartphones. :eek:

The windows 95 works great on my EVO 3D :cool:

Instructions :
    1.Download and install Bochs2_5_1.apk (stable but slower) or QEMU.apk (unstable but faster)

2.Download SDL(BOCHS).zip for Bochs2_5_1.apk and SDL(QEMU).zip for QEMU.apk and extract on root of sdcard , so path should be sdcard/SDL/*.*

3.Put a disk image of type ".img" of any operating system in SDL folder and rename it to "c.img" (tested : win 95/98/XP ----------------Linux OSs like Ubuntu/Knoppix/redhat etc can also be used)

4.Run Bochs or LibSDL from appdrawer. Let it boot (takes a while) and enjoy.

How to Create .IMG from .VHD disk image in Second Post

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instructions (BOCHS) : (i forgot to post the instructions so thanks to HDD_x8 for posting this)
    - The screen works as touchpad to control the mouse cursor and volume up/down works as left/right click.
    - You can also tap the screen to generate left click.(this does not work everytime)
    - Back = BackSpace, Menu = Enter, left-upper corner click generates TAB
    - left-lower corner click popups keyboard
    ( For a desktop like experience use this keyboard -> Hackers Keyboard )
    -Create a folder called "HDD" on the root of your SDcard and put your softwares/files or anything in there. When you boot windows, then in "My Computer" you will see "d" drive which will have the "HDD" folder contents. So you can install/use them in Windows.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Instructions (QEMU):
    - The screen works as touchpad to control the mouse cursor.
    - You can also tap the screen to generate left click (right click is not possible AFAIK) .
    - Back = BackSpace, Holding Menu = popups keyboard
    ( For a desktop like experience use this keyboard -> Hackers Keyboard )
    - No custom files can be used as of now, :( will find a way and post here again.

MHL to HDMI out tested and confirmed working ;) (thanks to HDD_x8 again.)

Some freeware disk images can be found here or here (not sure if any of them will work as i have not tested , only win 95/98/XP are tested.)
    yes! exactly what I want, an old out dated OS not designed for my device, sweet!

You do realize that in a developer based forum which XDA is (or was at least) you generally do things not because you have to but rather because you can. It's a shame some people don't get that. However, there are far FAR too many people that come here seemingly because they feel this is some kind of tech support site for them instead of going to Sprint or HTC for tech support.
    How to Create .IMG Disk Image from .VHD

1. Download ISO Recorder
    2. Mount the VHD
    -Windows 7
    -Go to your start menu, right click on Computer, and choose 'manage'
    -On the left, click on 'Disk Management' (may take a few moments)
    -Click on 'More Actions' and choose 'Attach VHD'
    -Choose your VHD
    3. Open Windows Exporer
    4. Right click on the newly mounted VHD and select 'Create ISO Image File' and when saving, choose save as any file type.
    5. Save as c.img

Thanks to chessmaster W/nook for posting these instructions
    I found this somewhere on a non English site, so I translated it via google.....Much part of the guide is understandable.

(Instructions)

Download QEMU for companies
    Create a folder on the C drive and extract all the qemu from the archive there.

(Go to the folder in the console)
    (hard way)
    Win XP: Start> Run> cmd
    Win 7: The push buttons Win + R, write cmd and click on OK
    Writing in the console
    Code
    cd c: \ qemu

(easy way, but it only works on Win 7)
    Go to the folder qemu (not necessarily on drive C)
    Hold down Shift, click on the empty space of the open folder, right-click
    In the menu click on "Open Command Window"
    Create an image of your hard disk - write to the console
    Code
    qemu-img create-f raw disk.img 2000M

(Where)
    disk.img - the name of the hard disk
    2000M - the size in megabytes (the size can be anything, if only Windows was placed, but just the 2000M).
    Create (. Iso) image c installation disk Windows XP (look in Advanced) and rename it to image.iso
    Copy it to the folder c: \ qemu
    If the c: \ qemu disk image is the image of the hard drive then run QEMU - write to the console
    Code
    qemu.exe-m 1024-boot d-cdrom image.iso-hda disk.img

(Where)
    1024-m - amount of RAM available to QEMU
    -Boot d - to boot from cd-rom
    -Cdrom image.iso - our installation CD
    -Hda disk.img - hard disk image

(Install windows as usual)
    Format to NTFS required (do not be lazy is a very fast)

Creating a Windows completed.
    Disk.img take out of the c: \ qemu and copy the smart

(Now set up the Smart)
    Download BOCHS for Android
    Download the SDL: SDL.zip (47.85 KB) Number of downloads: 240

Installation:
    Install apk
    Unpack the archive in the SDL sdcard / SDL
    disk.img move to the sdcard / SDL

(Edit file bochsrc.txt)
    Neither of which do not touch, but here:
    # What disk images will be used
    # Floppya: 1_44 = W98RUS.img, status = inserted
    change the name of the image as follows:
    # What disk images will be used
    # Floppya: 1_44 = disk.img, status = inserted
    and here:
    ata0-master: type = disk, path = "c.img"
    change to:
    ata0-master: type = disk, path = "disk.img"
    All store and run Bochs

We look forward to and enjoy!
    Instead of being a douche...I want to thank you for sharing this...I didn't know you could do this thanks :)

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium