CM 10.2 for Canadian Optimus G (E973/E971)

Search This thread

sucsss

Feb 14, 2011
Well, I basically formatted everything and flashed from a blank phone. This fixed the random reboot issues, but I've noticed another thing. Once my phone goes to 10% or below in battery life, the phone will freeze and stay frozen after the screen turns black.
It's not instant. The screen has to stay black for a few seconds and then it won't respond.

mvsn

Nov 11, 2010
Yes it seems to be a common problem, funny enough, just hold the power button for 15 seconds to make sure its completely powered off.
Then just let the phone sit for 30 minutes or so (I know it sounds ridiculous but this has been mentioned in this thread before).
Then try turning it on, it will most likely boot up.
If it doesn't you will likely have to kdz to get back up and running.
Good luck!

Thank you for the suggestions, it is a relief to know that this is actually a common problem with workarounds. The above technique I had tried as well, including leaving it over night without success although the solution that ended up working for me was to unplug the battery and plug it back in otherwise no method seemed to work for me.

I read somewhere that for the Bell variant E97310E firmware is required when flashing to any 4.2.2 rom.. would it make a difference if I was able to upgrade from E97310F? or is it necessary to downgrade back to E then re-install? As for updating the modem baseband, can I use the Rogers E970xxx firmware if I use it with Fido?

Thanks everyone

Last edited:

mk_ln

Jul 16, 2010
Thank you for the suggestions, it is a relief to know that this is actually a common problem with workarounds. The above technique I had tried as well, including leaving it over night without success although the solution that ended up working for me was to unplug the battery and plug it back in otherwise no method seemed to work for me.

I read somewhere that for the Bell variant E97310E firmware is required when flashing to any 4.2.2 rom.. would it make a difference if I was able to upgrade from E97310F? or is it necessary to downgrade back to E then re-install? As for updating the modem baseband, can I use the Rogers E970xxx firmware if I use it with Fido?

Thanks everyone

Using a Rogers modem with Fido is fine since they are essentially the same company (Rogers owns Fido and they should have the same towers and operate on the same frequencies)...that being said, it's the E971 that you'll want to use if you're looking for Rogers' version.

Reactions: mvsn

RaWrGs

Dec 13, 2011
I've had the same lock up a couple times. I've just been taking off the back and disconnecting the battery for a few seconds. Seems to work every time. Also if getting the massive battery drain bug if you just hold power down for about 20 seconds while the phone is on ( can be booting or even on the battery charge screen ) then turn it back on it seems to read the battery correctly again. Hopefully this helps.

O and I forgot to mention it does seem to be linked to clock speed. When running @ 1512 antutu had no issue. @ 16 and 17 it locked the phone needing battery pull, and at 18+ antutu just closed back to home screen.

Last edited:

mvsn

Nov 11, 2010
Yes it seems to be a common problem, funny enough, just hold the power button for 15 seconds to make sure its completely powered off.
Then just let the phone sit for 30 minutes or so (I know it sounds ridiculous but this has been mentioned in this thread before).
Then try turning it on, it will most likely boot up.
If it doesn't you will likely have to kdz to get back up and running.
Good luck!

Using a Rogers modem with Fido is fine since they are essentially the same company (Rogers owns Fido and they should have the same towers and operate on the same frequencies)...that being said, it's the E971 that you'll want to use if you're looking for Rogers' version.

hehe yes thats what I mean 971.. is there a special way of flashing the modem firmware? I downloaded the rogers version, flashed it, cleaned dalvik just incase and rebooted. It now displayed Fido on the lock screen, gets signal, I can send/receive texts, receive calls with much better voice quality although when I want to place a call it immediately says call ended once I hit dial, then a few moments later the call resumes in the background.. I tried to clear the phone apk cache/data and rebooted but that doesn't seem to resolve that.

Another thing I just noticed today even though I flashed the latest gapps with the photosphere, the option in the camera doesn't appear, i tried re-installing gapps but that didn't change.. any thoughts?

panoulil

Aug 15, 2011
Re: CM 10.1 for Canadian Optimus G

The call thing is a known issue. Last I check they were not sure if it's cm related or build related. For photosphere to work you need to edit your build.prop. There is info in the thread somewhere about it, I don't have time to check. Need to make make ur phone thing it is a nexus 4.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda premium

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
Ok, sorry if i havn't updated on time this weekend, i was very busy.

I removed OC from newest build, since there was no significative gain and that phone is still fast enough. Newest build has latest CM changes merged as usual. I am currently looking at FM and trying to figure out if we have it in our phone. Saw a few post saying the module we have does support FM, the thing is to know if the fm pin is grounded or is actually connected to the antenna. We'll see it soon enough.

Edit: Forgot to add that i uploaded My Gapps with photosphere for our device.

http://ribs.bbqdroid.org/download.php?file=gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip

Last edited:

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
Everything appears to be working properly. I haven't had a crash or lockup in quite awhile now. Do you expect this build will get to become official CM soon?

I had a SOD and one time my screen got black while i knew the phone was awake as i could access it with adb. I will keep testing. Also, the fact that Antutu gave me so much problem is not a good thing to go public.

Edit : We don't have FM radio in our phone. Would ave been nice :(

Last edited:
Reactions: ATRIXXIRTA

panoulil

Aug 15, 2011
I had a SOD and one time my screen got black while i knew the phone was awake as i could access it with adb. I will keep testing. Also, the fact that Antutu gave me so much problem is not a good thing to go public.

Edit : We don't have FM radio in our phone. Would ave been nice :(

rgr that. I haven't tried bench marking and have had zero issues in about a week now. I will let you know if anything changes, it's been wonderful to have a reliable blazing fast phone. Thanks again for all the hard work.

H4xz3n

Mar 3, 2012
Calgary, Alberta

Been using latest build, everything is great however I switched off lte in settings and it will not switch back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tried reboot etc

Also does anyone know how I get to the service menu? Thanks

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Dsmforlife92

Feb 4, 2011
Carson City

Been using latest build, everything is great however I switched off lte in settings and it will not switch back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tried reboot etc

Also does anyone know how I get to the service menu? Thanks

Go to system settings,more,mobile networks,network mode them make sure you click LTE/GSM/WCDMA

Reactions: H4xz3n

H4xz3n

Mar 3, 2012
Calgary, Alberta

Yes thanks I did that but it took until now to take effect, weird.

loucmachine

Dec 5, 2012
lévis
kalterofficial.com
Thats probably a noob question and assuming its not written in the installation guide I am not supposed to do this, but

I just wanted to be sure, Do I need to do a ''Wipe data, wipe cache and wipe Dalvik cache?
and if not in what circumstances you need to do it or not ?

Thanks for your patience :)

dpvu

Oct 13, 2010
Thats probably a noob question and assuming its not written in the installation guide I am not supposed to do this, but

I just wanted to be sure, Do I need to do a ''Wipe data, wipe cache and wipe Dalvik cache?
and if not in what circumstances you need to do it or not ?

Thanks for your patience :)

If you are coming from any other ROM you will need to wipe data, cache and dalvik. If you are upgrading from a previous version of CM10 you can just wipe cache and dalvik cache.

Reactions: loucmachine

loucmachine

Dec 5, 2012
lévis
kalterofficial.com
If you are coming from any other ROM you will need to wipe data, cache and dalvik. If you are upgrading from a previous version of CM10 you can just wipe cache and dalvik cache.

ok and since i come from stock KDZ i need to do all the wipes before flashing.

Cool ! Thanks man, its very appreciated :)

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Oh and i have another question,

do i need to format system in ''storage and mounts'' too ?
and do I need to flash the JB modem before last factory reset or I can flash it afterwards without problems?
And also does the custom kernel comes with it? or I should flash another one? like houstonn's kernel ? is it this file ? : ca.geeb.houstonn.sk8er.INTL.jb.02.zip
and If i understand well TWRP v2.3.2.3 should do as good as JDQ39 bootloader to flash this?

If my questions are too noob where is the most efficient place i can ask them ?

Thanks alot again !! very very appreciated :)

Last edited:

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama

ok and since i come from stock KDZ i need to do all the wipes before flashing.

Cool ! Thanks man, its very appreciated :)

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Oh and i have another question,

do i need to format system in ''storage and mounts'' too ?
and do I need to flash the JB modem before last factory reset or I can flash it afterwards without problems?
And also does the custom kernel comes with it? or I should flash another one? like houstonn's kernel ? is it this file ? : ca.geeb.houstonn.sk8er.INTL.jb.02.zip
and If i understand well TWRP v2.3.2.3 should do as good as JDQ39 bootloader to flash this?

If my questions are too noob where is the most efficient place i can ask them ?

Thanks alot again !! very very appreciated :)

You can always ask ROM related questions in that ROM thread. If you have just ordinary questions that are general in nature, as in they could apply to any rom or other people's situations, go ahead and put them in the Q&A, help, troubleshooting forum. :D

Reactions: loucmachine

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, This is a continuation of the CM 10.1 nightlies thread. Things has been moving on and we are now at CM 10.2. I have been working with xboxfanj, houstonn and bbelos to bring you this. Again, this is based on mako with adapted change for optimus G. This time we are even more in sync with CAF (Code Aurora Forum).

What is working
    Everything.

What is not working

You tell me.

Here are the repo needed for our devices :

https://github.com/TeamPlaceHolder

Of course, you have to be rooted, to have bootloader unlocked and a working recovery to flash this custom rom.

DO NOT FLASH NEXUS 4 KENEL MADE BY 3rd PARTY. THIS WILL MOSTLY PERMA BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

This is simply because people tend to use partition number and not by-name and our partition is different than nexus 4 ones. i.e. The rpm partition on our phone is the boot partition on nexus 4. So flashing a custom kernel will flash a boot.img in your rpm partition and then you are bricked. You have been warned.

Like usually, i can't be hold responsible if you damage your phone during any of the process described in this thread.

Thracky and houstonn who also works with me on this.

xplodwild
    codeworkx
    IOMonster
    sk8erwitskil
    faux123
    dvhexer
    Cyanogenmod Team

and a special thanks to shelnutt2 who shown me how to fix 3G
    and juggie who found out the good file to change to get wifi working
    Download

All the downloads will go here :

ribs.bbqdroid.org

Use geeb package

Gapps package :

http://goo.im/gapps

Modem :

There is a newer modem now available (From JB update. Houstonn and I extracted each of them and made flashable so you don't need to do the painful process of kdz only to get a new baseband)

MAKE SURE TO NOT FLASH KOREAN MODEM.

http://downloads.codefi.re/houstonn/lgog/modem
    How to intall that rom ?

This require you to have TWRP or CWM already installed on your device. I recommand the former. On our device, this mainly mean you have rooted your phone and unlocked the bootloader.

Apparently, it seems these instruction where not clear enough. So I'll try to make them dumbproof. If you are not following these instruction and it doesnt work, dont expect support. It's like buying a cake mix where you only need to add milk and call the company saying their product is bull****, you added water and only got a brick. To add to this metaphor, Asking if it's because you used CWM instead of twrp or reverse is like saying : Did it didnt work because i used a fork instead of a whip to mix it ?

To flash this rom, you have to be on older Bootloader. You can alternatively flash the bootloader i linked in this thread. Read the post carefully before you flash.

1. Download file in the download section.
    2. Put the rom AND the gapps on your internal SDCard.
    3. Reboot into recovery.
    4. Flash CM rom.
    5. Flash Gapps package.
    6. DO A FACTORY RESET (EMPHASIS HERE)
    7. reboot into system
    There is a new build up. It has fixed bluetooth and has latest cm changes.

Is there ANY WAY you can add to this the changes in faux123's Nexus 4 kernel (see here http://rootzwiki.com/topic/36722-kernellinux-340-makojbuvoctuncifsv001-nov-30/#entry1032460) to reduce the horrible msm_hsic_host wakelock battery drain?

You sir, deserve a punch in the face. Come on. We are not at optimizing things. I'm still trying to figure out what is working or not. This is really stupid.

Note to all other user : I WILL NOT ACCEPT FEATURE BEFORE EVERY PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN SOLVED.

on a related note to your question, if you would have read carefully, you would have seen that i already use faux123 kernel . . .
    Anyway, this is not going to be the case soon.