Speech output stops in middle of the sentence

Search This thread

jediknight23

May 1, 2014
I wanted to show some cool features to my friends, but when I make a google voice search, the speech output interrupts after 2 or 3 seconds. This is very annoying, any idea how to fix this?

death_entry

Nov 23, 2006
London
I've noticed this but it oddly is not all things... if you do the voice search "what is iphone" it reads loads out quite happily... where if you say "call dominos" it just stops half way through lol.....

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
The problem with the speech output is another flaw, one of many, in the TrueSmart firmware and cannot be corrected without changes to the firmware source and a recompile. Since no one but MTK has the secret to compiling a bootable firmware for the x201 devices, only they and Umeox can fix this. Since they recognize no incentive to them to fix it, they probably won't. Maybe it will work in the upcoming TrueSmart2 devices...or maybe not. Buy one when they eventually come out ! Throw more money at MTK and Umeox in hopes for a different outcome ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: manul

death_entry

Nov 23, 2006
London
lol who the hell is even going to buy a TS2 after all of this...

The single biggest feature I wish Omate had put in would have been OLED screen simply because then you could have very simple but always on Clock... would have been awesome :(

jediknight23

May 1, 2014
No fix? What a pity.
Come on, guys from MTK. Make a FW fix.
This is the only issue that bothers me.
Make the fix and and least I am a happy customer!

jediknight23

May 1, 2014
Sorry for that, but I was redirected from official Omate homepage to here. And I can't imagine that the Omate guys will ignore this forum. I just wanted to mention that my desired features or bugfixes aren't implemented in the new firmware. But ok, i won't mention it again when next FW release is out ;)

jediknight23

May 1, 2014
It has been quite a while, but maybe someone found a solution in the meanwhile? It would still be great to habe google search working on Omate!

gerhardo

Aug 23, 2013
Moto X4
Sony Xperia 5 II

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The problem with the speech output is another flaw, one of many, in the TrueSmart firmware and cannot be corrected without changes to the firmware source and a recompile. Since no one but MTK has the secret to compiling a bootable firmware for the x201 devices, only they and Umeox can fix this. Since they recognize no incentive to them to fix it, they probably won't. Maybe it will work in the upcoming TrueSmart2 devices...or maybe not. Buy one when they eventually come out ! Throw more money at MTK and Umeox in hopes for a different outcome ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Still not good with the new firmware...
    Please Omate guys, fix this issue!

This isn't omate here - if you have nothing to say, please keep the noise down, it makes it easier to see if any real work is happening...