Custom kitkat roms

Search This thread

pompidoi

Jun 1, 2012
Dasmariñas
Im not really sure if I'm doing something wrong. Mine's a f180s on Philz CWM. Tried the sling rom but stuck on the LG logo. Flashed rom (wiping it first of course), flashed the patch (1st try i flashed supersu, 2nd try u didn't) but still stuck. Is there something I missed?

umair928

May 11, 2012
Behind You
Im not really sure if I'm doing something wrong. Mine's a f180s on Philz CWM. Tried the sling rom but stuck on the LG logo. Flashed rom (wiping it first of course), flashed the patch (1st try i flashed supersu, 2nd try u didn't) but still stuck. Is there something I missed?

Try to flash with another recovery and dont forget to mount and format system from mount and storage then mount again...

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Yes i noticed it too :D but sadly i lost 10% overnight :/!

Sent from my overheated phone while browsing cat pictures

So its not only me,, I also lost almost 8 Percent overnight..

Last edited:

sunyakram

I have 2 optimus g f180l the white one is converted to e975 and running avatar rom 4.2.2 and black f180l is on stock 4.1.2 bootloader unlocked so how can i install sling rom 2.1 on both of them without any problem ? Please don't hurt me to redirect me to multiple threads . thanks in advance and after helping too. Sorry for my worst English.

Ahmed Xperia p

Nov 25, 2012
Islamabad
Yes i noticed it too :D but sadly i lost 10% overnight :/!

Yes same happened with me too although Androis Os is consuming less battery as compared to v 2. BBS is not working on KK(i know there's a workaround ) so haven't been able to find what's waking up the device .
Did you find keyboard on 2.1 more responsive and accurate ?
Another thing i noticed on v 2.1 is phone charging is really fast with same charger . It's charging @1% in a minute .
Overall I'm satisfied with 2.1 ☺

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: alluebin

alluebin

Jan 6, 2014
lohja
Yes same happened with me too although Androis Os is consuming less battery as compared to v 2. BBS is not working on KK(i know there's a workaround ) so haven't been able to find what's waking up the device .
Another thing i noticed on v 2.1 is phone charging is really fast with same charger . It's charging @1% in a minute .

Yes this is definitely a upgrade from v2 :D
I was also confused that bbs didnt really show wakelocks :confused:
But overall i feel this rom is faster and snappier :)

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009

What version have you tried?

I've just installed sling 2.1 and when booting I've got a kernel krash, and because I follow the steps of Brontok and format sd card I don't have my file to flash again :( I've to go back again kdz installation).

Have anyone done a fresh installation of sling 2,1 without problems?

mishteuse

Apr 20, 2013
Iasi
same thing happened to me. same kernel crash after LG logo.
also lost everything on internal storage.
went back to stock, installed savvyrom, because i thought i would give up on 4.4.
today i tried again, this time installed paulicat's version, everything's ok, except for the 2g network.

krishnanmailbox1

Jan 7, 2014
hyderabad
i have an e975...currently running xenonhd rom... i have some doubts before flashing....
1. do i need to be on stock rom or any stock based rom before flasing this through recovery....
2.will this flashing erases internal storage also.....???
3.will this erase recovery......????
4.i once tried vdt v12 rom gave me secure booting error.... is there any chance of getting that error again.. if i flash this one...

topzkie

Mar 26, 2014
help

hi everyone.. i have f180l converted to e975 and using artmod dark theme.. unlock bootloader and rooted.. my question is.. should i go back to stock before flashing sling v2.1 or can i flash it already?? and one more thing if i want to flash the sling v2.1 should i flash first the sling v2 before flashing the sling v2.1??? thanks in advance

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
same thing happened to me. same kernel crash after LG logo.
also lost everything on internal storage.
went back to stock, installed savvyrom, because i thought i would give up on 4.4.
today i tried again, this time installed paulicat's version, everything's ok, except for the 2g network.

Have you followed the installation steps as mentioned by Brontok?

ag.kgb

Dec 5, 2013

No deepsleep :/
Done factory reset from cwm and restored apps with titanium backup... Phone still awake all the time.
Keyboard more responsive but still not so good at bottom of the screen.

uploadfromtaptalk1401200243661.jpguploadfromtaptalk1401200258136.jpg

alluebin

Jan 6, 2014
lohja
No deepsleep :/
Done factory reset from cwm and restored apps with titanium backup... Phone still awake all the time.
Keyboard more responsive but still not so good at bottom of the screen.

View attachment 2765725View attachment 2765726

The wakelock might be caused by some of your apps. Or wifi settings. For me it helped a bit when I changed my wifi settings, try that

alluebin

Jan 6, 2014
lohja
i have an e975...currently running xenonhd rom... i have some doubts before flashing....
1. do i need to be on stock rom or any stock based rom before flasing this through recovery....
4.i once tried vdt v12 rom gave me secure booting error.... is there any chance of getting that error again.. if i flash this one...

I was on liquismooth, full wiped, flashsd paulicat rom, later flashed sling rom WITHOUT FORMATTING SYSTEM. And everything works.

No, it didnt for me atleast

No, and it didnt lock bootloader either(for me)

I am not sure about that, because i havent tried vdt rom. I suggest you flash paulicat stock first, then sling v2, then the update to v2.1. Thats what i did
Or follow the great guides here written by smarter members than me :D

Anyhoo, i cant guarantee it works for you, but im pretty sure it works as i have e975 too and dont think there is that much difference

Reactions: krishnanmailbox1

pompidoi

Jun 1, 2012
Dasmariñas
What version have you tried?

I've just installed sling 2.1 and when booting I've got a kernel krash, and because I follow the steps of Brontok and format sd card I don't have my file to flash again :( I've to go back again kdz installation).

Have anyone done a fresh installation of sling 2,1 without problems?

tried both versions of sling.

abduhus

Jul 14, 2013

I was on liquismooth, full wiped, flashsd paulicat rom, later flashed sling rom WITHOUT FORMATTING SYSTEM. And everything works.

No, it didnt for me atleast

No, and it didnt lock bootloader either(for me)

I am not sure about that, because i havent tried vdt rom. I suggest you flash paulicat stock first, then sling v2, then the update to v2.1. Thats what i did
Or follow the great guides here written by smarter members than me :D

Anyhoo, i cant guarantee it works for you, but im pretty sure it works as i have e975 too and dont think there is that much difference

from where can I get paulicat rom?

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009

Maybe it's a problem with this sling 2.1 version.

I think I will quit this ROM. Maybe it's missing some patch file or I need to install version 2.0 before.

Can you help @hoangnova

The steps that I followed was:
1. Install 10H KDZ
2. Root and unlock bootloader with FreeGee (MAKO)
3. wipe cache and dalvik
4. install sling 2.1
5. Install superSU
6. wipe data/cache/dalvik and format /data and /data/media (/sdcard)
7. Reboot (Kernel crash: DemiGod Crash).

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

from where can I get paulicat rom?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2760328

Reactions: alluebin

roscatel

Oct 17, 2012
Slobozia
Maybe it's a problem with this sling 2.1 version.

I think I will quit this ROM. Maybe it's missing some patch file or I need to install version 2.0 before.

Can you help @hoangnova

The steps that I followed was:
1. Install 10H KDZ
2. Root and unlock bootloader with FreeGee (MAKO)
3. wipe cache and dalvik
4. install sling 2.1
5. Install superSU
6. wipe data/cache/dalvik and format /data and /data/media (/sdcard)
7. Reboot (Kernel crash: DemiGod Crash).

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2760328

If you try to install Sling over another kitkat custom rom it will work. Same here, can't install any version of sling over jb

Reactions: rimsilva

alluebin

Jan 6, 2014
lohja
If you try to install Sling over another kitkat custom rom it will work. Same here, can't install any version of sling over jb

Could it be that sling is merely an update to the stock kk? I also flashed sling over stock kk, everything work when i didnt format system before flash, but when i formated system before flash it said success, but Upon reboot it said no os installed.

Top Liked Posts