By sacredsoul, Senior Member on 11th October 2013, 04:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th October 2013, 09:48 AM |#21  
Flag Bridgend, Wales
Thanks Meter: 257

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amankapoor4

Very Odd, just a guess maybe something related to root!!

Why not take the phone back and get a replacement

Well not rooted, its very odd but the light works just not for 3rd party apps. Sure I'll find out what's wrong or a firmware up date from LG in 2030 will fix it.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

12th October 2013, 10:46 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Mine also does not work. Tried third party apps from play store and resetting the phone twice and it did not work.
My phone is not rooted.
It's driving me nuts cos I sweared that I would never buy another LG phone after the ks20.
Don't know why it works for some and it doesn't for others. Btw mine is the international version. Hope they sort the problem out cos it's a great phone bogged by inconsistent firmware.

12th October 2013, 10:49 AM |#23  
Flag Bridgend, Wales

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adzam3

Mine also does not work. Tried third party apps from play store and resetting the phone twice and it did not work.
My phone is not rooted.
It's driving me nuts cos I sweared that it would never buy another LG phone after the ks20.
Don't know why it works for some and it doesn't for others. Btw mine is the international version. Hope they sort the problem out cos it's a great phone bogged by inconsistent firmware.

Yep annoying the hell out of me. Would have kept my 5S if I didn't want a notifications light.

The Following User Says Thank You to recklesslife85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift recklesslife85 Ad-Free
12th October 2013, 04:59 PM |#24  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 126

More
I can understand, mine is coming this tuesday, just hoping this does not happen, it will make me go crazy as well.

That said, why don't you take it back and get a replacement.
13th October 2013, 10:39 PM |#25  
Flag Bridgend, Wales

More
Guys I've fixed this.

You need to go to backup and turn Google backup off for your account. Then factory set the phone sign back up in your account and it will work. Its something that Google backup downloads that stops the led working with 3rd party apps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to recklesslife85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift recklesslife85 Ad-Free
14th October 2013, 02:16 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 565

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by recklesslife85

Guys I've fixed this.

You need to go to backup and turn Google backup off for your account. Then factory set the phone sign back up in your account and it will work. Its something that Google backup downloads that stops the led working with 3rd party apps.

That sucks. Need to find a way without having to factory reset.
14th October 2013, 02:25 AM |#27  

More
Quote:

Guys I've fixed this.

Oh crap not another factory reset.
Thanks for the discovery, will try and revert.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using xda app-developers app
16th October 2013, 01:29 AM |#28  

More
Quote:

Guys I've fixed this.

Update guys did as mentioned and I have the notification light now, works for what's app and Facebook.
Works like a charm did not have to install any third party apps.

16th October 2013, 03:50 AM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adzam3

Update guys did as mentioned and I have the notification light now, works for what's app and Facebook.
Works like a charm did not have to install any third party apps.

To confirm, Go to Backup and Reset in Settings, Untick Back up my data and then press factory data reset on the bottom? Also, will factory reset wipe the internal storage?
16th October 2013, 04:44 AM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredsoul

To confirm, Go to Backup and Reset in Settings, Untick Back up my data and then press factory data reset on the bottom? Also, will factory reset wipe the internal storage?

Yes, however after the reset during the phone configuration it will ask if you want to back up with Google servers.
I deselected that. And yes it wipes all data from the phone.
I only backed up my WhatsApp conversation and nothing else. Did not want any app setting from the previous installation to create a conflict, had to reinstall all apps again from the market.

Good luck

16th October 2013, 08:39 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:

Guys I've fixed this.

Can confirm this works.

What I did :

1. Go to Backup & Restore in Settings and untick Google backup.
2. Back up your important data. I used Titanium. Also note factory reset will wipe your internal storage so have a backup of your Pics, Whatsapp etc.
3. Do a factory reset in Backup & Restore.
4. Once it boots, sign in into your account but DO NOT restore any backup by Google.
5. ???
6. Profit
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)