For those that haven't pulled the trigger yet:
I flashed this and the corresponding radio on my Bell Desire Z.
Battery life went down the crapper on the first day with a life of 8hrs. On second day, I'm seeing a huge improvement - The second day isn't over yet, but I'll update later.
The UI seems smooth but I'm seeing very poor performance in games. Playing Gunbros has a noticeable frame rate decrease compared to Virtuous 1.01 on stock HTC kernel and .17 radio - My best Quadrant score of 12,224 also confirms this.
Most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Froyo Sense and Gingerbread Sense, but here are some of the changes that caught my eye:
- New notification icons
- App tray scrolls by page now (i.e. flick up to go down one page)
- No gingerbread screen off animation
- No Gingerbread system tray icons (replaced by usual Sense battery/wifi/3G icons)
- Auto screen brightness seems to be "more active" in varying the brightness as you're using it.
- Headphone volume seems to be lower? (or I'm losing my hearing)