FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Video Review Win A Trip

[ROM][03/28/11] Vision Gingerbread Sense 2.30.405.1 Untouched (from Vision-Test RUU)

1,361 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,589

By rmk40, Retired Recognized Developer on 29th March 2011, 04:10 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
30th March 2011, 02:50 PM |#101  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Did some testing.
So I flashed the entire PCIMG from the S version of this package. Crashed everything like I knew it would turned S-ON and such. I know your all saying "you're Dumb" but im not Im trying to test for the community and see failures.

DO NOT TRY THIS. I SEMI BRICKED.

Im back to stock rom with the new radio.

Flashed this rom over the stock. Installs and boot wonderfully. Then it boot loops. reverting to stock once again. Curious if you guys think this is a CWM error considering the EXT 3 - EXT 4 Issues.

Were moving in strides!

30th March 2011, 05:55 PM |#102  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Talking Good s***!!!
This ROM is amazing!!! I have not come across any issues. Everything appears to be working fine. It seems a lot faster then most 2.2 (FroYo) ROMS. Thanks for the great work getting this to us!
30th March 2011, 06:10 PM |#103  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Works great
Haven't found any issues yet.
Thanks for this rom.
30th March 2011, 06:22 PM |#104  
Flag Fort Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 4

More
idk how anyone has had problems with this... flashed with 0 problems... wifi, bluetooth, tested and worked w/o any issues. im not a sense fan, but if i was i would use this as an every day rom. thanks for all your work in preppin this for us
30th March 2011, 06:23 PM |#105  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 394

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllWin

Playing with this ROM since yesterday, so far looking good and i haven't noticed any bigger bugs. Except the app drawer that was divided into few parts (no more scrolling!) but i guess HTC is not going to fix that one Other then that, it's a nice ROM with few things* that i'll be really missing when i'm back to CM7.

*super fast gallery, ability to play any video file without having to install 3rd party video player and cool Sense widgets.

Thanks to OP for fast release

The app launcher isn't a bug.. its how the launcher is supposed to be. Its their new version of the app tray.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App
30th March 2011, 06:40 PM |#106  
Flag so. california
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tun4f1sh

You need to remount the system partition with rw permissions. "adb remount" is my preferred method, not sure about "linda manager"

You can't modify the files inside of the zip, as it's signed. If you delete the signature files and resign it, it will work.

i tried installing them as an ordinary .apk i side loaded from my computer using linda file manager(different version of what astro does)

so when i mount and click adb remount what would i do?
30th March 2011, 06:49 PM |#107  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 22

More
The one and only issue...so far...
I could not install paypal from the market. I did however find a working paypal for this ROM. Click the link below to get it...

http://www.mediafire.com/?f2c5j5fgmej40dn
30th March 2011, 07:41 PM |#108  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstroy12

So I flashed the entire PCIMG from the S version of this package. Crashed everything like I knew it would turned S-ON and such. I know your all saying "you're Dumb" but im not Im trying to test for the community and see failures.

DO NOT TRY THIS. I SEMI BRICKED.

Im back to stock rom with the new radio.

Flashed this rom over the stock. Installs and boot wonderfully. Then it boot loops. reverting to stock once again. Curious if you guys think this is a CWM error considering the EXT 3 - EXT 4 Issues.

Were moving in strides!

Ok, Back up and running... S-OFF and all.
30th March 2011, 08:04 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
For those that haven't pulled the trigger yet:
I flashed this and the corresponding radio on my Bell Desire Z.

Battery life went down the crapper on the first day with a life of 8hrs. On second day, I'm seeing a huge improvement - The second day isn't over yet, but I'll update later.

The UI seems smooth but I'm seeing very poor performance in games. Playing Gunbros has a noticeable frame rate decrease compared to Virtuous 1.01 on stock HTC kernel and .17 radio - My best Quadrant score of 12,224 also confirms this.

Most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Froyo Sense and Gingerbread Sense, but here are some of the changes that caught my eye:
- New notification icons
- App tray scrolls by page now (i.e. flick up to go down one page)
- No gingerbread screen off animation
- No Gingerbread system tray icons (replaced by usual Sense battery/wifi/3G icons)
- Auto screen brightness seems to be "more active" in varying the brightness as you're using it.
- Headphone volume seems to be lower? (or I'm losing my hearing)
30th March 2011, 08:39 PM |#110  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 332

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclypz

For those that haven't pulled the trigger yet:
I flashed this and the corresponding radio on my Bell Desire Z.

Battery life went down the crapper on the first day with a life of 8hrs. On second day, I'm seeing a huge improvement - The second day isn't over yet, but I'll update later.

The UI seems smooth but I'm seeing very poor performance in games. Playing Gunbros has a noticeable frame rate decrease compared to Virtuous 1.01 on stock HTC kernel and .17 radio - My best Quadrant score of 12,224 also confirms this.

Most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Froyo Sense and Gingerbread Sense, but here are some of the changes that caught my eye:
- New notification icons
- App tray scrolls by page now (i.e. flick up to go down one page)
- No gingerbread screen off animation
- No Gingerbread system tray icons (replaced by usual Sense battery/wifi/3G icons)
- Auto screen brightness seems to be "more active" in varying the brightness as you're using it.
- Headphone volume seems to be lower? (or I'm losing my hearing)

Don't look at bench scores yet. This is a test version and the drivers needed to be rewritten for GB which what presumably what HTC is testing.
30th March 2011, 09:27 PM |#111  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad83

You're not properly informed. Honeycomb is not intended for phones as per google, this is fact. The reason they have not released the source code is exactly for that reason, they do not want to see it on phones, period. In later versions google stated they intend to merge the branches eventually but as it stands now, Our phone will never see an Official 3.0, ever. I am not refering to hack job ports as proof of concept.

By the time a version of 3.x does come out for phones, if ever, our phone will be obsolete and HTC will never develop it. Hence my initial statement of our phones will never see 3.0

This however, is an official test release of 2.3.3 by HTC for Vision. HTC announced that Desire line of phones will see 2.3 in Q2, so this is no surprise.

Any questions?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

All this arguing for what he was talking about SENSE 3.0 not Android 3.0..sense versions aren't the same

sent from my SENSEitized GingerZed
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread