FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**DISCONTIUED TF201 ROM, Kernel and Tweak Directory (Last Update 7/30/12)

282 posts
Thanks Meter: 169

By pbrauer, Senior Member on 29th February 2012, 07:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The Unofficial Transformer Prime (TF201) ROM & Kernel Listings v 1.0 – Post 1
Updated 7-30-12

Sorry to say but I will no longer be maintaining this list, I have replaced my device with the TF700. Hopefully somone else will take over. Thanks to you all for your support, and sorry to let this go.

I take no credit for the work represented here, and no credit for the idea, and no credit for incredible amount of work that has gone into figuring out how to cook tasty ROMs for the TFP. This is just an attempt to provide a quick and easy starting point for users looking for ROMs and their details.

If you have any [ROM/KERNEL] specific question ask in the appropriate thread for that. Please do not post them in the thread for this listing as you are not as likely to get your question answered as quickly as you would in the appropriate thread.

Until we have more need, I will keep this as basic as possible, a section for ROMs, a section for Kernels, etc, and a section for basic mods like rooting and unlocking.

1 – Jelly Bean ROMs

CyanogenMod 10 with no Cherry Picks: A new CM10 based build for our beloved TF201.

Jellybro CM10 Kang Build: This is a self-compiled kang of CM10 with cherry picks from CyanogenMod’s Gerrit Instance, most comparable to a CM nightly build.

Team EOS 3 *JELLYBEAN* Nightlies : TeamEOS now feeding you JellyBeans!

CyanogenMod 10.0 Preview Edition!: An early but very usable CM10 build from AndroidRoot. Woot Woot!

2 – Ice Cream Sandwich ROMs

AndroWook Prime v2.1 Complete ROM Customization (.28 BASE): Updated to include the latest ASUS Update to .28. Includes Motley Kernel and a ton of other fixes and tweaks.

CyanogenMod 9 / July 6: Latest and greatest from the CM9 Builds

7/5/12 Prime w/Sense Appeal 9.4.2.28 Beats, Tweaked: A new ROM from a new dev. Includes Beats Audio.

Virtuous Prime 9.4.2.28 v1: New S-Series ROM based off the last OTA

MIUI for TF201: MIUI v.4 for the Transformer at last!

AOKPCB R2: Team Broccoli has a TFP201 Build of their own twist on AOKP. Also includes Nightlies!

SGT7 for the 201: A heavily modded version of CM9s ICS ROM

Gummy 1.2.3 The Chronicles of Nyania for Transformer Prime: A TFP201 Port of Gummy ROM!

Skankwich CM9 KANG Build: This is a self-compiled kang of CM9 with cherry picks from CyanogenMod’s Gerrit Instance

Team EOS ICS 2.0.0 ROM: ICS 4 Build Final from TeamEOS

Team EOS Transformer Prime Nightlies: An AOSP 4.0.4 Based-build from the TiamatXOOM team.

Team EOS Transformer Prime Cornerstone Nightlies:Team EOS also builds a nice Cornerstone ROM for the Prime.

Stock, Rooted, SU & Busybox 9.4.2.21 ROM (WW & US): ATGAdmin took the stock ROM, rooted it, added some additional items and otherwise left it alone. Stable ROM.

AlmostStock_9.4.2.21 (with motley kernel): New ROM designed to test the new .21 features.

VirtuousPrime S Series (9.4.2.15 v2): A pretty close to stock ROM with most of the bloat removed. Designed and intended to be as stable as possible.

CyanogenMod 9 for TF201: A KANG version of CyanogenMod 9 built for the TFP.

Stock 9.4.2.28 for unlocked devices: Exactly what it sounds like, the stock ROM from ASUS repackaged to run on unlocked devices.

Android Open Kang Project - v1.3 (4/23/12): The AOKP compiled for TFP. This is a .21-based AOKP build based on TeamKang's AOKP - Build 33.

corner-AOKP-stone - Alpha: Jermaine151 decided to cook up a cornerstone-based ROM just for fun!

WSG Beta v.0.0.6: A .21 based-build from WabiSabiGeeks, includes from memory management tweaks UPDATED

Primalicious 9.4.2.21 Updated: A ROM build with a focus on UI and including some tasty GPS tweaks. NO LONGER AVAILABLE. I am leaving the link up for thread reference only.

AL60R!THM Pr1M3 RC1: Debloated ROM based off the Virtuous ROM

Primeval: The STOCK stock rom A 100% stock rom based on the latest release from ASUS, for ALL SKUs

CyanogenMod 9: The April 3 update thread.

3 – Kernel Packs

SnB Ultimate v1.0 Initial Release: SnB Kernel for ICS Stock ROMs

Kernel Module Pack v4: Special Kernels for users that want to add/fix things like external hardware or security

di11i kernel beta: Tweaked kernel under development

viperControl v.001: Very basic kernel speed control tool

Motley Kernel: 1.8 GHz Kernel overclock for Stock ICS only with Aroma Installer

Kernel Modules for VPN Support (tun.ko + others): Adds in the necessary modules for VPN access from the TFP

4 - Unlocking/Rooting/Basic Mods/Tweaks and Upgrades

TF201 NVFlash: This is big! Finally we have the ability to do an NVFlash on our devices, be sure to follow directions and get this in place since it cannot be done on a device that is already bricked!

Debugfs automated root:We finally have root capability on the newer Prime builds!

SQLLite.so Patch for Performance: Patched libsqlite to disable sync and improve performance!

PRIME-FULL WIPE: This will fully wipe everything off your PRIME except your Recovery. It will WIIPE it. WIPE WIPE WIPE. Definitely a great tool if you want to start over or sell, but it will WIPE your PRIME completely.

Touch Your Boot-y TWRP 2.2.0: A Touch-based alternative to Clockwork. Now with an On-Screen Keyboard!

ViperMOD PrimeTime v4.5 | Auto Root/Unroot/Busybox/CMW Flash!: ViperBoy's all in one tool for the TF101 and TF201/TFP to Unlock, Root and flash CWM to your tablet.

ClockworkMod Recovery 5.8.2.0 for TFP: CWM for the TFP

ClockWorkMod TOUCH recovery 5.8.1.8: Clockwork for Unrooted devices (.21 updated)

Unlocked Bootloader: The ASUS TFP Unlocker Tool

EZOVerclock Tool: Easy tool for overclocking TFP to 1.6

SparkyRoot: APK Tool for Rooting

GPS Tweak Mod: Easy tweak for Rooted Primes to improve GPS lock and performance

AGPS Patch Transformer Prime v1.0RC: Fixes some of the GPS issues with the Prime

WSG UnBricker: A new tool to "unbrick" your Prime in case you need it from WabiSabiGeeks

Unbuntu on Prime: Yeah, you read that right. An early port of unbuntu that will run on the TFP

TeamWinRecovery Project: A touch-screen alternative to CWM

ROM Cleaner / Bloat Remover / Modder Script: Quick and easy script that removes basic bloatware and cleans up your ROM. Also allows for some basic Mods to be done.

Keyboard Layout Tweak: A new tweak that changes the keyboard to now have Alt-Tab instead of search tab.

Increase Overall Performance & Battery Life of PRIME: A set of great updates and tweaks for Primes for battery and application performance.

How-to Videos for the Transformer Prime: A nicely done set of how-to videos showing how to do these mods.
The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to pbrauer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pbrauer Ad-Free

29th February 2012, 07:34 PM |#2  
Flag Lambertville, NJ or Burlington, VT
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Right idea, but can you make op more detailed. The idea is to make it easy!
Also more pretty (bold headers.. colors etc, make it stand out instead of looking like you just want to op)

Instead of "virtuous " change that to
"virtuous s series " then under it some details or highlights of the features

(There will be other virtuous roms soon)

And the same goes for every rom. This thread is supposed to be a 1 stop shopping for noobs so you need more details otherwise its pointless and not pretty
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtotho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mtotho Ad-Free
1st March 2012, 04:16 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lexington, SC

More
Thanks for the feedback! Working on it..
1st March 2012, 11:18 PM |#4  
Flag Indianapolis, In
Thanks Meter: 94

Donate to Me
More
Appreciate the work to put this together.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
2nd March 2012, 12:21 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Nice job.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
2nd March 2012, 12:26 AM |#6  
Flag Lambertville, NJ or Burlington, VT
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer

Thanks for the feedback! Working on it..

Thank you, looks better now
The Following User Says Thank You to mtotho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mtotho Ad-Free
2nd March 2012, 12:29 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Sticky guys?? Good work

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Desire HD met Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kidkreole For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kidkreole Ad-Free
21st March 2012, 03:01 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lexington, SC

More
UPDATES
I have updated the list this morning (3/21), please drop me a PM if I missed anything.
21st March 2012, 09:03 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Moderator, please make this thread a STICKY as I am constantly combing the entire forum for these threads. Appreciated.

H_Scrap
22nd March 2012, 07:12 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Please add GPS software tweak
22nd March 2012, 09:10 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lexington, SC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dime_veyron