[Leak][Canada] i337m VLUFNC1 Kit Kat - Multicarrier package, Now with 100% less pit!

Search This thread

0mega1

Mar 11, 2008
Hamilton
I'm not sure what the root cause of the flash failures is, but it's not exclusive to this package, mdj used to do it for me as well, that's why I mentioned flashing 2-3 times for good measure, only take m takes a few minutes :)

To those who wanted the modem, I can add the link to the OP if you'd like, just didn't want the post getting too messy.

[edit] And to be more specific on my history with XDA, I've been here since the G1 launched way back with the creation of android, and I've always wanted to take the time to learn and contribute, but I've never had the free time in life to devote to learning it at more than an intermediate level. At the highest level I could modify custom rom pacakges for the S1, and that was about it. I've always tried to contribute where I can, and it just so happened that I've been able to source builds for here-to unreleased upgrades at this point. I generally only post when I feel I have something to contribute, or to say thanks to someone who was useful in some way to myself, and my post history I think is pretty high quality... My last contribution was about this time last year, and was an easier root method for the XT925/XT926 running jelly bean, and before that I tried using another connection to contribute some source binaries from the HTC Sensation to people who could do far more with it than I could, Hell, I even offered up the device (Eventually bricked it trying to screw around instead.) to anyone who could do something with it.

I do what I can, because this place enables me to do what I want.

Last edited:

0mega1

Mar 11, 2008
Hamilton
you should remove the PIT line in your OP

Going to as soon as the file reuploads without the pit included. I'll host the pit separately in case anyone needs it... Was helpful back in the S1 days when the memory had a tendency to get messed up and a few repartitions later it was good to go.

[edit] annnnnnnd done.

Last edited:

TLS2000

Feb 20, 2012
Mississauga
Oh, ok, thanks. And just another question, if we're not using the .pit file, we should also uncheck the repartition box? (because .pit files will only need to be used if a firmware update needs to change your partition layout). Or how did you do it?

Thanks for the info!

Correct. No need to have repartition checked either. I should have mentioned that before, but forgot to.

vicl89

Awesome

Here's my report:

• I just flashed and it's working like a charm. We have a newer multiwindow sidebar
  • Less bloatware than older releases
  • Battery performance is AWESOME!!! even with LTE, Wi-Fi and other features enabled
  • I don't have any problems with wireless or network connections for now
  • New lockscreen with camera shortcut
  • Touchwiz launcher is smooth like butter (Still sucks, I replaced it wit KK launcher)
  • Immersive mode in music player
  • And other goodies I can't remember

The root method is the same like the older releases: Odin 1.85, root, recovery, blah blah :3

Idan73

Jul 19, 2010
The only thing to stress, that is also mentioned in op, is that the firmware has mandatory wipe (no dirty flash here) , so backup your apps and internal SD card before flashing.

Otherwise I believe it's a release quality, minus Sammy Canada removing features with every update. 4.3 removed data quick settings toggle, now 4.2.2 removes brightness - 5/+5 adjustment.

Thanks @op for the leak.

Sent from my LG-D803

Kjc99

Dec 22, 2012
Anchorage
Thanks Omega1 finally something for the i337m.... You shouldn't have to defend your post count this leak is all you need thanx

.... Anyone get root yet?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TLS2000

Feb 20, 2012
Mississauga
Has anyone tried this on a Rogers I337M yet?

Yes, I'm running it. No problems.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Thanks Omega1 finally something for the i337m.... You shouldn't have to defend your post count this leak is all you need thanx

CF Auto Root seems to work with it. I've got a problem with one app that requires root, so I've unrooted and am trying the Kingo method. The app that has the problem with root might actually be facing a Samsung security issue as users with the Note 3 on 4.4.2 are having the same issue.

Edit: I couldn't get Kingo to work. I've switched back to CF Auto Root

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjc99
G

GuestK00192

CF Root works perfectly (see OP or here: http://download.chainfire.eu/327/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-jfltecan-jfltevl-sghi337m.zip )

As for the ROM, I have no problem but I can see it is less smooth (TW UI) as it was with 4.3. Maybe I removed too many bloatwares and fcked up something ? Ill reinstall it this week-end.

theSpam

May 15, 2010
Toronto
Has anyone tried manually flashing each partition with Heimdall? i.e. system and boot?

...don't want the new bootloader nor do I want to wipe.

0mega1

Mar 11, 2008
Hamilton
Has anyone tried manually flashing each partition with Heimdall? i.e. system and boot?

...don't want the new bootloader nor do I want to wipe.

Not expecting a wipe is a pretty poor outlook. Make a backup and deal with the wipe... It's not worth the headache later.

As for the bootloader, Don't know there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Through a well executed chain of private messages I managed to get a hold of a shiny new leak for us S4 users, Don't know if it will help you AT&T users much, But I'd love it if it did. For now, this is for Canadian users only, and can be used (Confirmed with Bell, and Telus) with any carrier

Included in this package are a few things:

1) BL, AP, CP, and CSC files for Odin
    2) Odin v3.09 to be used for flashing (Not confirmed to work with any other version, So why not have the latest? )

jUElFS5.png

Instructions for Flashing

Root: Latest version of CF Auto root HERE (Seriously, go buy that guy a beer. http://www.chainfire.eu/ )

As far as flashing the package goes, all files need to be put in their respective shots as per the screenshot, you may need to flash 2-3 times in odin to get the whole package in there, like with most custom -> stock transitions.

The updated bootloader is the only real bummer here, overall a very nice package, fully rootable, works with Wanam Xposed for any of those curious, with very little as far as incompatible modules I can see.

One key change I'm missing personally is the lack of adaptive auto brightness... Can no longer increment -5/+5 on your auto brightness setting :(

Anyway, enough about it for now, here is the package link. Screenshots will be posted in a few minutes.

https://mega.co.nz/#!h8pTnCZS!t2-PiSb5W9ZyNp7fct7WD_Pg_dnc-eZqtMvpsuKv_9Q <-- Now with 100% less pit file!

I know some people were doubting the legitimacy of this in the Canadian thread, but I just finally got permission to post the leak from my source, since it's not carrier specific, and doesn't tie back to any one specific person. Heh.
    So where is the .pit file in the package? Or can we flash this without the .pit?

Thanks!

You don't need the .pit file. The OP should remove that from the instructions. Otherwise it's running smoothly.
    Cool. Didn't know that the stock 4.4.2 kernel had a dependency on the new bootloader. Is this Knox related?

In any case, thanks for the info!

Yup! Actually 4.3 stock kernel first introduced a dependency for new 4.3 non-reversible aboot as well. That was the end of, being able to use stock, unaltered, Canadian kernel and flash any compatible rom. Odexed or deodexed.
    Which is why, since then, to flash different firmware, we have depended solely on stock patched ( @talexop and @jeboo) and/or custom (from source) kernels. It is and always 'knox', whether directly or indirectly (laying the foundations for it combined with 'SE enforcing').

Sent from my LG-D803
    I don't care where he got it, my point is only experts should be flashing leaked firmware.

Or to put it simply if you need instructions, don't flash it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk