I really messed this up!

Search This thread

RAZR9312

May 4, 2014
I have a rooted Droid RAZR (spyder) and I installed cyanogenmod on it. There was a gapps error and I deleted everything off of it. I didn't know the screen was on and just black so the battery drained. I have put it on the charger all night and it still holds a 10 second charge. I have the stock ROM on my desktop and I want to flash it via ADB. The problem is that it will not let me get into recovery mode then the sideboot thing. It just shuts off. Please help!!! I want to know what to do!

EDIT- When I plug it in, all it shows is the Motorola logo. It's been 4 minutes since I plugged it in the wall.

Last edited:

Draxin

Mar 31, 2012
Oregon
I have a rooted Droid RAZR (spyder) and I installed cyanogenmod on it. There was a gapps error and I deleted everything off of it. I didn't know the screen was on and just black so the battery drained. I have put it on the charger all night and it still holds a 10 second charge. I have the stock ROM on my desktop and I want to flash it via ADB. The problem is that it will not let me get into recovery mode then the sideboot thing. It just shuts off. Please help!!! I want to know what to do!

You say that it only holds a ten second charge, how have you determined that? You see the motorola symbol then nothing, or you are watching it shut itself down? You charged it with a wall charger correct?
So you cannot get in to stock recovery? Or you cannot get into custom recovery? This is a xt912 right?

RAZR9312

May 4, 2014
You say that it only holds a ten second charge, how have you determined that? You see the motorola symbol then nothing, or you are watching it shut itself down? You charged it with a wall charger correct?
So you cannot get in to stock recovery? Or you cannot get into custom recovery? This is a xt912 right?

It is approximate, the 10 seconds. When it is on a wall charger, all I see is the motorola logo. When connected to my PC, I see the Motorola logo, then nothing. A white (sort of) flash comes on, that is how I know it shuts off. I can get it in to stock, but not for long. I deleted the custom recovery when I deleted everything. This is a xt912.

Draxin

Mar 31, 2012
Oregon
It is approximate, the 10 seconds. When it is on a wall charger, all I see is the motorola logo. When connected to my PC, I see the Motorola logo, then nothing. A white (sort of) flash comes on, that is how I know it shuts off. I can get it in to stock, but not for long. I deleted the custom recovery when I deleted everything. This is a xt912.

At this point I would suggest you try to make sure it is off, and let it stay on the wall charger to charge for a couple of hours.

The motorola logo showing means that the bootloader is working but since you don't have anything for it to boot up, it can't do anything.

Download matlgrof's script utility for the xt912 while you are waiting for the phone to charge. If you can get the device to charge, use his utility to reflash fresh xt912 firmware and you will also be able to root it. then install safestrap 3.65 or 3.72 (whichever one you have.) If you had backups you will be able to restore them. The phone being charged is very very important with matlgrof's tool, if the battery goes dead while it is flashing, it will brick your phone.

If you can't get the phone to charge, then you will have to make/buy a motorola factory cable, and flash xt912 firmware via
RSD Lite.

Reactions: RAZR9312

RAZR9312

May 4, 2014
At this point I would suggest you try to make sure it is off, and let it stay on the wall charger to charge for a couple of hours.

The motorola logo showing means that the bootloader is working but since you don't have anything for it to boot up, it can't do anything.

Download matlgrof's script utility for the xt912 while you are waiting for the phone to charge. If you can get the device to charge, use his utility to reflash fresh xt912 firmware and you will also be able to root it. then install safestrap 3.65 or 3.72 (whichever one you have.) If you had backups you will be able to restore them. The phone being charged is very very important with matlgrof's tool, if the battery goes dead while it is flashing, it will brick your phone.

If you can't get the phone to charge, then you will have to make/buy a motorola factory cable, and flash xt912 firmware via
RSD Lite.

When I have it on the wall charger, the logo stays on. When I try the power+volume down it shows back up... will this have any effect on the battery?

Draxin

Mar 31, 2012
Oregon
When I have it on the wall charger, the logo stays on. When I try the power+volume down it shows back up... will this have any effect on the battery?

So, if the phone is off, and you plug it in, the logo comes on and stays on? Have you tried power volume down without the charger plugged in. My device always gets hinky if I am trying to access stock recovery with anything plugged into usb port, I have to access what I want, then plug the phone in.

RAZR9312

May 4, 2014
So, if the phone is off, and you plug it in, the logo comes on and stays on? Have you tried power volume down without the charger plugged in. My device always gets hinky if I am trying to access stock recovery with anything plugged into usb port, I have to access what I want, then plug the phone in.

When ever it is off and I plug it in it turns back on. Isn't there a charge-only mode?

jemf1982

Mar 15, 2014
Memphis, TN
Moto E6
I had same issue. Just leave it charged for a good while. Then, while still plugged I into charger, he hold power+vol⬆+vol⬇. When menu pops up disconnect then connect it to computer via USB to run whatever recovery tool you choose. Also the white led is no big deal. Just get a good connection with the charger and let it charge for a while
Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

RSD Lite.