Stuck on infinite bootloop - no rom HTC ONE M7

Search This thread

systamatics

Aug 26, 2011
I searched the forums, looked like everyone who had this problem rooted their phones and installed custom roms, however i did not tamper with the phone in anyway, no rooting or custom rom, just nothing, this is the 3rd time in 6 weeks i get stuck in an infinite restart loop, i did two factory resets and i can't just do another one, i'm sick of this! there has to be a way to stop this, please help!
so far i have tried:
1-installing an antivirus and scanning (nothing found)
2-restarting in safe mode, the phone continued to restart in safe mode
3-uninstalled new apps that i installed recently

there has to be a way!!

systamatics

Aug 26, 2011
Just found out that Facebook app is doing the trouble, whenever i load it the phone restarts, so i decided to uninstall it, i tried going in settings > apps, once i open there before reaching facebook the phone would restart, i can do whatever i want with the phone but i cant go to settings > apps, then i tried uninstalling it by pressing and holding the app icon and i was given the option to uninstall and i did, it starts to uninstall, then the phone restarts!
After that i went into safe mood, and the same thing happened, on both methods i can't uninstall it!
what the hell is this problem?? i looked everywhere and no one has it!

systamatics

Aug 26, 2011
And now it's in an infinite bootloop again, restarting, 2 seconds in the main screen and then restarts again, then all over and over and over and over and over again!

systamatics

Aug 26, 2011
Pressing and holding down the power button is not doing anything!! im trying to get into safe mode, its not working! the only reaction i'm getting is the home and back buttons flashing on and off!!!!!!!!!11111

dano15

Jun 10, 2014
Always clean the dalvik cache

I have the same problem before. The best way to avoid bootloop is to clean the dalvik cache every time you install a new rom. If your using CWM recovery, you can find that option in advanced tab. Unfortunately if you have stock recovery , just try to format to factory reset then reboot , as soon as you successfully booted, install CMW such that you have the option to clean the dalvik cache in the recovery for your future rom installation.