[Confirmed working]HowTo actvate your wp7/HD2 Live services.

Search This thread

mcvpjd3

Nov 11, 2003
provxlm problem

I've managed to do all this before, but I've decided to wipe my Win7 Phone and re-install (as well as dual boot Andriod), however, as part of the unlocking the phone I'm stuck on step 9. I can't find any *.provxml files on the phone, especially not in My Device\My Documents\My Ringtones... Any help appreciated

O

oldegreybeard

I've managed to do all this before, but I've decided to wipe my Win7 Phone and re-install (as well as dual boot Andriod), however, as part of the unlocking the phone I'm stuck on step 9. I can't find any *.provxml files on the phone, especially not in My Device\My Documents\My Ringtones... Any help appreciated
Did you make sure you had already extracted the files into ringtones folder. Otherwise that may be the reason. Also make sure your using admin privalges to guarntee that it will run smoothly

O

oldegreybeard

I dislike the unightliness of having xmbod. Touchxplorer and connection setup in my menu. If I delete them will it have repracussions on the wp7 activation ?

stesteste

Apr 12, 2011
Bought hd2 today install win 7 on it eveything working all live services thx xda bought your app

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

freesty1070

Dec 25, 2010
Many thanks for this tutorial, works fine :)
I had some problems with the Tom Xap Installer.
I used then MultiXapInstall, and all works fine.

Thank you for this great job...

Reactions: flame10

mfrey0118

Feb 16, 2009
If you go to settings and you go down to where it says "about" or something like that, it should say your phone is a T9292 HTC HD7 instead of LEO70. Also, the market should have a HTC apps category.

Holy crap. All I did was install (my first) WP7 ROM for my HD2 (came from hacked 6.5) and the phone in About says HTC HD7 T9292, 14.73Gb Available Storage. I see HTC Apps in Market place too.

Does that mean I'm good to go? I got the 25 key code can I go ahead and put it in when Marketplace asks for it? Do I still need to figure out how to get into the registry? Crap, I can't even figure out how to access the phone's files to install Touch Explorer...

420soljah808

Aug 25, 2009
kailua
im so glad im on t mobile i didnt have to go through all this i just had to call microsoft for the activation put it in and i had all my live services, had wifi but no data had to put in the vpn manually then i got my data back now running wp7 smooth on my hd2 only thing it takes forever to hang up a call

ca5tle

Apr 20, 2011
I Have completed all the steps in the 1st post but when i run connection manager from the phone the screen only flashes quickly then returns back to the menu and the information in the about screen still says the phone is a LEO70 not a hd7.

AgoeZ

Mar 28, 2011
Jakarta
Just use chat link man, tell them you're buying it from us (ebay for example) and you want activate wp7 (hd7 etc).
I just give them my phone number and my live email. That's it, nothing more. ;)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA Premium App

n8rboy1

Mar 30, 2011
activation code

Please wait for an agent to respond. You are currently '1' in the queue.

Please note that this chat service is available to guide you to the appropriate resources for your questions. Often this can include technical support options or a phone number to the appropriate Microsoft Team.

You are now chatting with 'Stella'.

Stella: Welcome to Microsoft Customer Service Chat, Todd. Please give me a moment while I review your question.

Stella: Thank you for waiting.

Stella: I understand you require an activation code for your Windows Phone 7. Am I correct?

todd bessinger: YES

Stella: Thank you for confirming the same.

Stella: May I know if you have the phone with you now?

todd bessinger: YES

Stella: Okay.

Stella: In order to resolve your issue I need you to provide me some information.

Stella: May I know your telephone number?

Stella: May I know your First and Last name?

todd bessinger: 270799****

todd bessinger: TODD B*****

Stella: Thank you for all the information provided.

Stella: Here is the new product key for your phone: *****-*****-*****-*****-*****

Stella: Once you are done, kindly tap on "Activate".

Stella: May I know if the new activation code worked?

Stella: I have not received any response from you. Are you still with me?

todd bessinger: YES ITS WORKING NOW

Stella: Great.

Stella: I hope, I was able to address your issue to your satisfaction today.

Stella: For further assistance with this issue, I request you to please contact our Microsoft Technical Support Team, by calling them at (800) 936-5700. Monday to Friday 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Saturday and Sunday 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM (Pacific Standard Time).

Stella: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Stella: I have not received any response from you. Are you still with me?

Stella: It seems that I lost you. I hope this will be resolved soon. Thank you for using Microsoft Customer Service Chat. Please feel free to come back again. We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Have a great day.

coolwave911

Oct 8, 2007
This is how I got the codes

Ok so before doing anything to my phone I think it is best to get the code for the sake of it. You know it'd be frustrating to do everything then found out you couldn't get the codes which is the last thing you need. Anyway, I grabbed the codes then just typed them straight into my phone without modifying anything and it just worked.....just like that, magic? No, LOL it just worked HEHE. Below is my chat with the agent, copied right after I got the codes moments ago

I'm on boyppc WP7 NAND MAGLDR 22 May ROM if anyone wanna know which ROm I'm using

You are now chatting with 'Max'.
Max: Welcome to Microsoft Customer Service Chat.
Me: Hi
Max: May I first ask, do you have the phone with you right now?
Me: Thanks for the quick response <== I waited for 5 seconds LOL, it was that quick
Me: yes I am
Max: No problem.
Max: Are you still on the screen saying "Activation Required"?
Me: I think I skipped the activation screen, how do I get back to it?
Max: Would you know how to go to email & accounts on your phone?
Me: Ok, no problem, i got back to the screen <= I lied to make me looks like knowing nothing :p
Max: There are five boxes, am I right?
Me: yes, am I suppose to fill my details in or some kind of codes? <== Playing dumb again )
Max: Alright. It's nice to hear you got back there already.
Max: What you can enter there is an activation code that we would be getting.
Max: Let's go ahead and get an activation code for your phone.
Me: ok
Max: May I just ask for your phone number and the brand of your phone?
Me: I'm with Optus Australia. Phone number is XXXX XXX XXX (My real fone number), it's a HTC <== I didn't say specifically about the model, just HTC and not even mentioning about IMEI, Serial number or anything!
Max: Thanks.
Max: I'll be right back quickly with a code.
Max: Here it is:
Max: *****-*****-*****-*****-***** <= Tada
Me: I'll give it a try and tell u if it's ok
Max: Yes, please.
Max: Kindly enter the code on your phone and inform me of the result.
Max: I'll be right here.
Me: I think it's working fine, tried buying an app and all good
Max: Excellent.
Max: I'm glad we got your phone activated.
Max: Please note that this is now your permanent product key. Kindly save and keep it in a safe place. In case you would need to reset your phone and re-enter a code, you may enter this code again. <== This answers many people's question about this code being permanent or a one-time code. It is permanent people, u r stucked with this code for life until u request another code for some reason
Max: Would there be other customer service issues I can help you with?
Me: That'd be all, thanks for your help
Max: You're most welcome.
Max: Thank you for using Microsoft Customer Service Chat. Please feel free to come back. We are available seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
Chat session has been terminated by the agent.

It's that simple, less than 2 minutes guys. I think it's better to use the chat, easier to lie when typing than saying it LOL

I followed the chat link provided by xda member rajivshahi on page 5 of this thread and it worked just fine (Sorry I cannot post the link directly as I'm new to the forum so I'm restricted to do so til my 8th post).

Here is his original post

I just had a chat with M$ chat HERE and chose the first option...

and it worked... they asked my name and number... i said i'm australia, they asked if i tried my point of sale representative or ms australia... i said i called my mobile service provider who asked me to contact m$... and then asked me to get my phone and gave me tha code and asked me to try if it worked ... and it did... :D:D:D
<== Sorry can't post the link yet as I'm not having enough posts for posting external links

h**p://support.microsoft.com/contactus/cu_sc_selector_chat?ws=mscom&ws=mscom# <= replace ** with tt and you should be fine

Select the first option which is "Product Sales, General Inquiries and Genuine Advantage Questions"

A pop-up opens ask for a few thing like names & email address. Select the reason for contacting Microsoft as "For general inquiries" which is the last one in the scroll-down menu

Then type in the text box about why you need to contact them. I typed: "I got stucked at the activation screen for Windows Live Market on my new HTC Windows Phone 7"

It's that simple Hope this helps

Reactions: bobdylan1

ioulian

May 23, 2009
Hi,

I don't know if people want to do that, but can anyone request me a code for a HD2. I will give all the needed info. I live in Belgium so I can't use that chat.

PM me if you can do that, I also have spare $5 on my paypal ;) :D

Top Liked Posts