E: failed to mount /sdcard (no such file or directory

Search This thread

IchibanPlayer

Oct 7, 2012
Hi guys!

Since 2 days, I've got a big problem

My Samsung Galaxy S i9000 doesn't want boot. I tryed to flash JVU, but after a lot of trying, my phone doesn't boot.

I have acces to the recovery and download mode, i've wiped and format all, except /sdcard (i formatted system, cache, boot, data and datadata)

I think the problem comes from the internel SDcard, but i don't know how to fix the problem

Can you help me to fix this problem?

P.S Sorry for my english, i'm french :eek:

daruu92

Jan 20, 2011
I had this problem once, and I solved it reflashing from ODIN a clean, stock JVU rom.

I hope it helps ;)

s3mtex

Jan 25, 2009
-
Same problem solved with Odin. First check reparition and flash all (phone csc and pda), reboot, enter again in download and flash again only the kernel with repartition uncheck. For me was ok.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

IchibanPlayer

Oct 7, 2012
It would be helpful, IF you could provide more details, as to what ROM you were on and what you did and what EXACTLY was the failure also IF you had any lagfix applied when the phone was functioning

I use JVU, and the phone doesn't boot, i just can see "Galaxy S GT-i9000"
I didn't use lagfix

Last edited:

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines

nameh

Aug 28, 2010
A simpler solution is to flash a rescue kit from My Android Collections

I had the same error after i flashed CM9 and tried to revert back to stock GB ROM. I did not know CM9 uses a different (and backwards incompatible) filesystem. I received such an error and had to 1) use Odin, 2) get a JVU stock ROM and a pit file, 3) flash, install CM9 again, 4) revert back again to GB I still did not do, but at least I got rid of the error :)

hot_alod25

Jan 28, 2013
same problem

it has also the same problem of my gt-5570i when i open recovery mode and choose apply update from sd card it will appear E: failed to mount /sdcard (no such file or directory i also wipe date/cache but still the same the problem of my phone was it always booting on samsung logo.

please help me for this problem/

svmro

Feb 2, 2013
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command and bootloop?

I have a problem with my galaxy s plus. I tried to install cm10. So i rooted, new cwm, Nandroid backup and then i flashed cm10. But I forgot to do factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache! I tried to boot it, but i see samsung , then samsung galaxy s plus GT-i9001 and then it goes straight to cwm. Did factory reset and restored from nandroid it does everything. The only problem is that it ''cant find .android_secure.img. Skipping restore of /sdcard/.android_secure'' And when i reboot system now it does the same goes to cwm and it says E:can't mount /cache/recovery/command.

But now another the problem is that my pc wont recognize the phone! So i cant flash anything with Odin or something.

What do I do?