[Q] OTA to MA7 didn't work

Search This thread

mevensen

May 22, 2011
I have my GN2 rooted (via toolkit), currently on LJC. Also have OTA Rootkeeper installed.

When I tried to accept the OTA update from Sprint, it downloaded (something), rebooted, etc. But the phone is still on LJC.

Checking for software updates now tells me that my software is current.

I've tried clearing the download cache and Google services framework, but the phone still thinks it's up to date.

What's the next, best step?

I don't really want to go the route of a custom recovery and flashing if I can help it.

Thanks

gmplr831@comcast.net

Jan 14, 2007
Greensburg
Stuck?

I have my GN2 rooted (via toolkit), currently on LJC. Also have OTA Rootkeeper installed.

When I tried to accept the OTA update from Sprint, it downloaded (something), rebooted, etc. But the phone is still on LJC.

Checking for software updates now tells me that my software is current.

I've tried clearing the download cache and Google services framework, but the phone still thinks it's up to date.

What's the next, best step?

I don't really want to go the route of a custom recovery and flashing if I can help it.

Thanks

Unfortunately it looks like something is messed up. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along, but I know for me, I had to factory reset and manually load to MA7... :(

egeek1

Oct 16, 2010
To MA7

Try one of Garwyns MA7 One Clicks from your rooted LJC. They will get you on MA7 kernel, and updates (no Data or Full Restore). Modem flashed seperately.

Last edited:
Reactions: SgtSpike

udo2c

Dec 17, 2008
I have this same problem. I actually got so frustrated I unrooted and did a factory reset. Even with a factory reset the update STILL doesn't work. I've tried a few times. It just reboots and fails half way through. I'm not sure what to do at this point and I'm tempted to just bring it to a sprint store.

egeek1

Oct 16, 2010
update

I have this same problem. I actually got so frustrated I unrooted and did a factory reset. Even with a factory reset the update STILL doesn't work. I've tried a few times. It just reboots and fails half way through. I'm not sure what to do at this point and I'm tempted to just bring it to a sprint store.
when you were rooted did you uninstall any stock apps? this can cause update to fail. search qbking77 video on how to install update on GN2. again, complete update through Garwynns MA7 One Clicks. simple and flawless.

Reactions: mevensen

mevensen

May 22, 2011
No removed apps on my side. I may look into the one click update, although I don't know that I favor a method that requires flashing radios separately.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

udo2c

Dec 17, 2008
when you were rooted did you uninstall any stock apps? this can cause update to fail. search qbking77 video on how to install update on GN2. again, complete update through Garwynns MA7 One Clicks. simple and flawless.

Thanks. I found that I did remove sprint zone. However, even after putting it back on it still won't work.

I just found the one click thing. Seems very simple and I'll give that a try. Thank you very much

egeek1

Oct 16, 2010
Modem install

No removed apps on my side. I may look into the one click update, although I don't know that I favor a method that requires flashing radios separately.

Modem flash no more risky than Rom flash. Simple> copy MA7 Modem.zip to SD external and flash through TWRP recovery. MA7 Modem can be flashed to any SPH-L900 Rom (LJC, MA5 etc.). Go to Rwilco12.com and download the SPH-L900_MA7_Modem.zip and install after you've installed Garwnny's MA7 one click of your choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: mevensen

mevensen

May 22, 2011
Modem flash no more risky than Rom flash. Simple> copy MA7 Modem.zip to SD external and flash through TWRP recovery. MA7 Modem can be flashed to any SPH-L900 Rom (LJC, MA5 etc.). Go to Rwilco12.com and download the SPH-L900_MA7_Modem.zip and install after you've installed Garwnny's MA7 one click of your choice.

lol

I had been resisting putting a custom recovery on, because I know I'm only a step away from custom ROMs (that I became addicted to in the past). Yet, I submit now. TWRP is on. All is good. Thanks for the push. :D

egeek1

Oct 16, 2010
flashaholics unite

lol

I had been resisting putting a custom recovery on, because I know I'm only a step away from custom ROMs (that I became addicted to in the past). Yet, I submit now. TWRP is on. All is good. Thanks for the push. :D
lol. You're welcome. :)

Last edited:

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
Originally Posted by mevensen<br />
Looks like this got it going again. At least the download has initiated this time. (Crosses fingers)<br />
<br />
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38124467&postcount=76
<br />
<br />
Scratch that. Got the download going again, rebooted, but still on LJC.<br />
<br />
Tried hiding root with rootkeeper, is there a chance that having root hidden still gets in the way of the update?

That is correct. Even with the hidden root your binary counter is probably above 1. Try triangle away and then hide root again and then do update. If that doesn't work you may have to do what I did.
Ran triangle away, did the superuser root cleanup and unroot. Then install update then root again.

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To MA7

Try one of Garwyns MA7 One Clicks from your rooted LJC. They will get you on MA7 kernel, and updates (no Data or Full Restore). Modem flashed seperately.
    update

Modem install