[Q] note 8.0 cm11 problem installing. Bricked?

Search This thread

amersnap

Mar 26, 2014
Hey guys, I'm currently having problem with my note 8.0 :( iI tried installing cm11. Downloaded and followed the steps but after wiping and formatting all the stuff that was in the step I'm having this prob see pic below. It says that I'm using n5110 instead of n5100. Now it keeps rebooting and nothing can be done anymore as I already format everything.. and yea forgot to backup ofc ...

Attachments

• 20140325_194755.jpg
    20140325_194755.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 1,188

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
Hey guys, I'm currently having problem with my note 8.0 :( iI tried installing cm11. Downloaded and followed the steps but after wiping and formatting all the stuff that was in the step I'm having this prob see pic below. It says that I'm using n5110 instead of n5100. Now it keeps rebooting and nothing can be done anymore as I already format everything.. and yea forgot to backup ofc ...

I assume you did not install a custom recovery???

If you did you need to download the right firmware package and load from the recovery.

You may try Odin 3.7 if you can manage to get into stock firmware upload.

kzintz

Apr 2, 2011
Its not bricked - your recovery is probably a cwm - flash twerp if you want to install cm11 - or stock recovery..anyway cm11 is great but no phone...so not great for us 5100

amersnap

Mar 26, 2014
I assume you did not install a custom recovery???

If you did you need to download the right firmware package and load from the recovery.

You may try Odin 3.7 if you can manage to get into stock firmware upload.

How do I install custom recovery? What do you mean? Download stock firmware? How do I install odin. Now when I connect to pc.. it cannot be detected anymore

Its not bricked - your recovery is probably a cwm - flash twerp if you want to install cm11 - or stock recovery..anyway cm11 is great but no phone...so not great for us 5100
Thw note cannot be detected anymore in pc. How do I flash or root again :3

Harjan112

Oct 16, 2011
Download and install Odin 1.85 next search the stock firmware for your model here http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

Get your Note into download mode ( Press and keep holding the Volume Down, Home and Power ) and connect it to your PC, Odin should "see" it the first slot under ID:slot should turn a different color if so you are in good shape, now put the Firmware you download from above mentioned site click PDA*button and select the downloaded .tar.md5 file, Important: In Odin, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are enabled. Also, ensure that the Re-partition checkbox is not enabled and hit start and let Odin do the rest and you should be up and running in no time and now you can start over from scratch :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Last edited:

themodder

Apr 17, 2014

Did you fix the problem?