Could not get into recovery :(

Search This thread

rohanraarora

Jan 12, 2014
New Delhi
I have a Indian Dual Sim Moto G .I followed the instructions to unlock the bootloader and worked. I tried to install a CWM recovery, got a "mismatched partition size" error, and I can't get into the recovery.Every time i select recovery option the bootloader unlocked warning error appears and then moto g reboots in normal mode.
Its already rooted.
I never tried getting into recovery before unlocking the moto g so i dont know whether installing the cwm ruined it or it was as it is from the beginning.

Edit:Btw i used this link to install the recovery http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_falcon

Last edited:

Z-WolF

Apr 13, 2014
I have a Indian Dual Sim Moto G .I followed the instructions to unlock the bootloader and worked. I tried to install a CWM recovery, got a "mismatched partition size" error, and I can't get into the recovery.Every time i select recovery option the bootloader unlocked warning error appears and then moto g reboots in normal mode.
Its already rooted.
I never tried getting into recovery before unlocking the moto g so i dont know whether installing the cwm ruined it or it was as it is from the beginning.

Edit:Btw i used this link to install the recovery http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_falcon

That error always appears when you flash a recovery or any other partition, you can ignore it

Now for the recovery loop, try to flash the recovery again with any of these:

CWM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2563599

TWRP: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2561757

STOCK: inside any 4.4 or 4.3 ROM you'll find a "recovery.img" http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14

ItzzAce

May 14, 2013
Mototool

Try mototool and try to flash recovery with this. Worked perfectly for me and i had no problems. You can find mototool in original Android development section.

BaghiXDA

Apr 17, 2014
Hi, actually the problem you're facing is user-side error.

1) mismatched error is common, you can ignore it (as said above). It's because the recovery you're installing isn't singed by Motorola; it's custom - as name suggest, thus "mismatching".

2) when you reboot your device without actually doing anything, the stock ROM overwrites your custom recovery with factory default one, therefore you should make sure to put all the required files and don't reboot unless you're done.

Hope it helps.

deej_roamer

Mar 19, 2014
What About ADB?

Its already rooted.

What if you boot up fully, turn on USB debugging, and use adb from pc to boot to recovery

Code:
adb reboot recovery

Does that work?

padhu1989

Jun 26, 2012
Chennai
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I think you are pressing the power button to select the recovery... In Fastboot mode, use up button to select... If you press power button in Fastboot mode, your phone will reboot in to normal mode...

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Minervamc

padhu1989

Jun 26, 2012
Chennai
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Download it and try flash it again... Download CWM recover img. download the correct version for your model...

Put it in the platform tools directory and put the phone in fastboot mode, connect the USB.. Then open command prompt inside the Platform tools folder..

check whether device is identified by the fastboot or not by using the command "fastboot devices" .. you wil get your device id if it connected.

Then use the beloww command to flash it...

fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img

once flashed, try open recovery from fastboot.. use Volme up button to select, not powerbutton...

Press Thanks if I helped you...

padhu1989

Jun 26, 2012
Chennai
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
By reset you mean restoring the stock firmware?

Don't consider his suggestion.. He simply giving these suggestions in each and every thread.. You can see his post in different threads.. He just posting in order to increase his post counts... If I'm sound too rude, just check his profile and go statistics and read all his posts.. You will get to know...

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: rohanraarora

rohanraarora

Jan 12, 2014
New Delhi
Don't consider his suggestion.. He simply giving these suggestions in each and every thread.. You can see his post in different threads.. He just posting in order to increase his post counts... If I'm sound too rude, just check his profile and go statistics and read all his posts.. You will get to know...

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[/Q]

Thanks
and i tried to flash the recovery again its still the same.

padhu1989

Jun 26, 2012
Chennai
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[/Q]

Thanks
and i tried to flash the recovery again its still the same.

Did you downloaded the correct version of cwm?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think you are pressing the power button to select the recovery... In Fastboot mode, use up button to select... If you press power button in Fastboot mode, your phone will reboot in to normal mode...

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Maybe the last solution is reset your device.

Reset yourself..

By reset you mean restoring the stock firmware?

I was facing the same problem like urs while rooting
    But i came to know why it was happening
    When i flash cwm 6.0.4.5 it just rebooted my phone so later i flash cwm 6.0.4.7 n problem was solved
    So i advice u to download latest recoveries its available in development thread