problem with micro sd on tablet

Search This thread

HUYI

Dec 23, 2010
i formatted a sandisk 64gb micro sd to put into my tablet and start copying files to the micro sd via the memory card reader, there is nothing on the card prior to transferring the files but as soon as the green bar goes up it cancels and gives a 0x80070037 error with unrecognised device and prompts me to check the micro sd for errors, i proceed to do so and it finds nothing, i retry a couple of times and i get the same error, i try different memory card readers and cables and they all give the same error.

i then attempt to transfer my files while the micro sd is in the tablet and surprisingly it's transferring the files fine, i'm a bit confused by that and i was wondering if anyone can give some hindsight as to what is going on?

there is obviously a problem with the micro sd because i can't get any data on it while it's in the memory card reader and i will have to get a new micro sd card eventually, i'm not buying anymore sandisk memory after this, reason why is because my 32gb micro sd also by sandisk has the same problem, both brought within 9 months of each other, that's £60 down the drain, for now the 64gb will have to do till i buy a new micro sd card but this is just ridiculous, i wasted 4 hours trying to sort this problem out with no progress and i'm exhausted, any ideas or solutions would be helpful.

i've tested my usb ports extensively (so it can't be the usb ports causing the problem), and formatted the sandisk micro sd cards multiple times (to no avail), i've tried 2 different usb drives, and 3 different micro sd cards from samsung and a no name brand and they transfer the same data fine, but as soon as i plug in the sandisk and transfer the data to them i get the errors so i've pinpointed out where the problem lies, i just want a solution to sort all of this out so any help would be grateful.

if i get any changes in the situation i will update in this topic.

HUYI

Dec 23, 2010
Just a update, contacted amazon and will be getting a refund for both micro sd cards, thanks god for that, won't be buying SanDisk ever again after that.

shaun298

Jun 14, 2011
Union City Indiana
Just a update, contacted amazon and will be getting a refund for both micro sd cards, thanks god for that, won't be buying SanDisk ever again after that.

Unreconized device is it has lost connection to your tab. I've had the same problem. Installed a new usb 3.0 card and plugged into that, and the problem went away. if you watch my computer you will see your device disappear and reappear.

HUYI

Dec 23, 2010
Unreconized device is it has lost connection to your tab. I've had the same problem. Installed a new usb 3.0 card and plugged into that, and the problem went away. if you watch my computer you will see your device disappear and reappear.

i tested out both micro sd cards on a memory card reader not from the tablet and the data transferred fine when the micro sd card was installed on the tablet, amazon have agreed to refund the 64gb sandisk but not the 32gb micro sd unfortunately i'm going to buy a usb 3.0 memory card reader and see if i get better results with the 32gb micro sd, not confident that i will though, just going to use the 32gb for something else till it dies, nothing else i can do with it, they can't replace it because it's over a year old and i left it too late.

just plugged in the 32gb micro sd card now and the memory card is not disappearing and reappearing in my computer like you said, the only time i get problem is when data is copied to it then the device disappears.