HTC Homeplug Weather fix - get your LOCAL weather! [New universal patch uploaded!]

Search This thread

N2A

NEW! Universal Patch Kit and Package Creator
caused hard reset on my device. moders, please kill this useless thread

Hey, nobody said this came with any warranties :p

To be honest, I wrote this a long time ago. The code still works server side, I haven't verified it with any new releases. To be honest, I retired my HTC TyTN, and moved up to a Nokia N900. If anyone wants to take over maintaining it, they're welcome to.

The thread isn't useless though, seems it works for a lot of people still.

All I can suggest is take the htchome.dll from your own device, patch it (if my patcher will work), and reinstall it - that shouldn't cause any hard resets, but I can't guarantee it won't, either.

brunoisa10

Oct 17, 2007
Westende
NEW! Universal Patch Kit and Package Creator
caused hard reset on my device. moders, please kill this useless thread

it is just a patch about the link for weather , impossible to cause hard reset , it is only used in updating the weather, or seeems you have another htchome.dll to patch like N2A said (because N2A's dll is very old now)

this thread is very usefull , I can confirm :)

so probably need to patch another dll , just replace the link provided by HTC with the link provided by N2A :)

obaz

Jul 11, 2007
Understand me correct - the cabfiles and patcher you provide on your sit make only hard reset. but I`v downloaded another N2A patched kaiser home.dll - and it works. So - anyway, I thank you for your work - but patcher and dll replacement on your site do not working correct.
BTW - I do not lose any data - I`ve always do backup before experiments :)
brunoisa10
it is just a patch about the link for weather , impossible to cause hard reset
tell me more. If you enabling Home - device hang. then reboot. than again hang. than again reboot. no - it do not HR device, it force user to do it.

brunoisa10

Oct 17, 2007
Westende
lol pay attention to old things when you install old cabs

what I mean is the change is not doing hard reset , it is only the bad dll which was hanging your system

Stingray88

Dec 13, 2009
Athens, Ohio
Uhhhh...

I did everything just as the instructions said and now my phone crashes after booting...

What am I supposed to do now?!

I can't connect to it in order to replace the dll file that is causing the crash... because it won't stay on.

EDIT: Sigh... hard reset looks like the only option. Atleast I have a decent backup.

Last edited:

y0himba

Sep 16, 2008
In a house.
www.y0himba.net
It seems that not2advanced.com has been down now for over 12 hours. weather.not2advanced.com is not working and I am unable to update the weather on my phone. I would prefer not to uninstall the patch, so if anyone knows how I can run whatever was running over there on my own server (PHP or whatever) then point my phone to my server, I would greatly appreciate it.

I will also allow others to draw of my server(s) which almost never go down.

wpbear

Nov 27, 2006
Columbus, GA
It seems that not2advanced.com has been down now for over 12 hours. weather.not2advanced.com is not working and I am unable to update the weather on my phone. I would prefer not to uninstall the patch, so if anyone knows how I can run whatever was running over there on my own server (PHP or whatever) then point my phone to my server, I would greatly appreciate it.

I will also allow others to draw of my server(s) which almost never go down.

Glad it's not just me, but it has been a few days now.....anyone know of another server.

x51

Apr 23, 2008
I did not install this... but I think it came with my EnergyRom.

To fix my weather I did this:,

Rename the following reg key:

HKCU\Software\HTC\Manilla\Weather.ServerURLOverride
The value should be http://weather.not2advanced.com/htc.....

Renaming this key will set the server to the default.

If you prefer Not2Advanced servers.. just restore the old key name and reset to test and to see if it's working again.

I'll try setting it back again tomorrow.

I renamed mine to Weather.ServerURLOverride.x51 for now.

DONT FORGET TO SOFT RESET.

Please post if this does not work for you.

fusi

Sep 16, 2007
Ross Vegas
www.sekaita.com
Hey, nobody said this came with any warranties :p

To be honest, I wrote this a long time ago. The code still works server side, I haven't verified it with any new releases. To be honest, I retired my HTC TyTN, and moved up to a Nokia N900. If anyone wants to take over maintaining it, they're welcome to.

The thread isn't useless though, seems it works for a lot of people still.

All I can suggest is take the htchome.dll from your own device, patch it (if my patcher will work), and reinstall it - that shouldn't cause any hard resets, but I can't guarantee it won't, either.

N900 is where im going come pay day :)

wandered through this thread after the weather just decided to stop working on my touch pro - i reckon t-mobile uk is blocking it or something though cos it no longer works on any rom ive flashed (bout 5 different ones now) - but going to the n2a server url in the browser resuts in the desired xml, so maybe its some network config cockup on the device (straight after fresh flashes though? maybe its due to bad t-mobile auto-conf data?) - who knows, im fed up with it now :(

anyone else had a similar problem?

cheers
fusi

rhadesan

Jun 16, 2009
HTC S740

Is there any site with with running weathertranslate.php? Because this is only way for my S740. Or not?

I uploaded this file to my site at and it works from browser, but I don't know a way how to access, resp. how to redirect htc . accuweather . com directly to this address. (I have to use name, not IP). Is it possible?

johnnyvb78

Feb 14, 2010
I send a email to HTC but that didnt help there tip. but i got it working again.
This is how i did it, go to settings-> open the tab where you can set bluetooth and WLAN there i open connection, dont know it in english becouse i have it in dutch. you can change setting for your roaming provider -> open here menu -> database update -> there i take manual database update, i did several times.
After that it worked angain finaly after 2 months of no weather. sorry for my bad englis becouse it is not my native language. if you dont understand leave post and i try to help. don't know if this helps for everybody.

Greetz john

Dan.308

Jul 21, 2007
Johnson City, TN
Weather only updates on Wi-Fi

Until yesterday morning my weather worked perfectly on 3G H, GPRS, EDGE, and Wi-Fi. Now it will only update on Wi-Fi. I know the server and URL are working since it updates at all. Is it possible the server is blocking connections from the AT&T APN or AT&T is blocking access to the server? If I type the server address in a browser it connects though and points to this thread. I have made no registry changes. I have NetCF 3.5 and SDK Certs installed. The only browsers I use are PIE and Opera.

Cell Pro ROM WWE 5.5.51881 1-20-10
Manilla v 2.1.19202517.0
Radio 4.49.25.0

Thanks,
Dan

hbuetow

Oct 18, 2009
Schamumburg, Illinois
Hi. I have the HTC Touch Po 2 CDMA thhrough US Cellular. Weather App would only work through wi-fi not phone data service (GPRS ?) Tried many of the fixes, virtually all the ROMs from stock to custom. Nothing worked. Many of the various fixes seemed to "mess" up my phone causing me to do a hard reset. Enabled and disable HTC location. Too many changes to list. Gave up. However, used the phone for a couple of days with google maps and bing navigation programs. All of a weather app started working on it's own. Navigation programs seem to have done something that the various fixes couldn't. Suggestion I have is to use the phone with navigation software for a couple of days. US Cellular said this was an issue with the Touch Pro 2. And they may have a fix in a couple of months. Maybe it will also work. Not saying this is an educated suggestion. Just describing what happened with me.

tvman

Jun 30, 2010
Shenzhen
I've got wrong weather informations of my city - Shenzhen, Guangdong, China. Displayed weather information is another town SHENZHENZHEN, Zhejiang, China. Weather city code is totaly diffrent: Shenzhen (my city) is ASI|CN|CH006|SHENZHEN; but Shenzhenzhen is ASI|CN|CH013|SHENZHENZHEN. But the xda weather server maybe use wrong place weather source, I mean use Shenzhenzhen (someone not type word ZHEN wich means Town) to relace Shenzhen City. I edited my manila weather city code on my HTC HD2 many times, but no effect.
So I have no idea how to resolve this problem. Thanks.

N2A

Server termination

Just to let you all know, I'm going to be shutting down this server shortly I'm afraid, as I'm wrapping up the hosting business associated with it, and moving everything over to an alternate system.

I hope it's been of use to you all over the years, and it was fun while it lasted. The code is on several other people's servers now I believe, so it'll live on, as long as the forecastfox/accuweather feed continues to work in the same way.

May see you guys around again if I ever return to a HTC or Android device... but for now, I'm holding off until I figure out what device I want. Since the N900, nothing else has really wowed me - with the possibly exception of the N9, but I'm not hugely hopeful for it as Nokia seem determined to kill it.

Anyway, I digress.

So long, and thanks for all the fish! ;-)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just tried the schen n2a patched .cab .
    htc home is there (although it starts a bit slower) but
    i cannot choose a city in the list (there are no entrys, it is empty)

also, there are so many files attached in your first post,
    but there are only two ways described. one of these cabs or what is called pocket hosts method.
    i didnt like both, but then used the kaiser withough brightness fix (for what? brightness? what needs to be fixed?)
    i was afraid, because there is no description how you can go back to the original htc home plugin, if those custom ones woudlnt work.

eg: what are those HTCHome dlls
    or the weathertranslator.zip
    for ?

ritterkeks

As I described on the first post, the weathertranslator.zip is the server code which translates the accuweather data - most users don't need it. If you have a kaiser, you don't need the brightness patch. If you have another device, you probably do need the brightness patch. It's one of the buttons on the Launcher. And if you've already got a HTC Home plugin installed in ROM, you just need to remove the new one and it'll revert.

I thought I quite clearly described it to be honest, and pretty much everything is covered over the posts. I'll see about creating a Wiki entry about all this.
    I installed the Kaiser DLL patch on my tilt and now after the reboot it goes to owner information screen then goes black. Then green and blue lights at the top flash but I can't get it to do anything. If I reset it, I have the same result.

I was able to enter bootloader and reflash the rom. Held down camera button and used the stylus to push the little reset button next to usb port. Then ran rom updater as normal

Same issue here flashed twice already.

Hope there's a fix