[ROM]InsertCoin Sense 5.5 Android 4.4.2 Sprint

Search This thread

neonjam

Nov 22, 2008
It's just software, is it not? Being that the S4 is getting an update. Is the One not able to update the software to be Spark compatible? The Rom shows the spark emblem.

Not just software, It's hardware. All the high end/current Android devices are getting the Spark icon and spinning 3G icon, for brand uniformity. The One is not compatible, the original S4 was not compatible. Sprint is quickly migrating to the Galaxy S4 L720T instead of the L720. The T stands for tri-band, the hardware revision itself was necessary for Spark compatibility.

Reactions: l2icky

l2icky

Jun 7, 2010
Moore, Oklaoma
Not just software, It's hardware. All the high end/current Android devices are getting the Spark icon and spinning 3G icon, for brand uniformity. The One is not compatible, the original S4 was not compatible. Sprint is quickly migrating to the Galaxy S4 L720T instead of the L720. The T stands for tri-band, the hardware revision itself was necessary for Spark compatibility.

Thanks for the info. The M8 will likely have the hardware, yeah?

robosllim

Jan 10, 2011
Looking through this thread and the other, I can't seem to figure this out: how do I get the volume rocker to skip tracks? I might just be blind, but I'm not seeing the option in the installer or in the Kustomizer. And when I flash the ROM, the Kontrol zip doesn't appear so I can't run the shell commands...
What am I missing?

ibengood

Oct 7, 2007
Looking through this thread and the other, I can't seem to figure this out: how do I get the volume rocker to skip tracks? I might just be blind, but I'm not seeing the option in the installer or in the Kustomizer. And when I flash the ROM, the Kontrol zip doesn't appear so I can't run the shell commands...
What am I missing?

Use gravity box

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

sdho

Feb 9, 2010
is it me or anybody else missing "NFC" and "Wi-Fi Hotspot" quick settings on Sprint version? running RC2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well actually this isn't the rom thread just an announcement,

We (me and @hawknest ) finalized sprint support in my international rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2279766

starting with version 7.1-3 you can select Sprint during install.

and if you find it useful and want to buy a beer or two don't forget @hawknest . he did the heavy lifting
    It's coming guys!

Sent From My Dark EclipticONE
    rom updated. enjoy
    Can someone on sprint test this pls

Should make native hotspot work

https://db.tt/E6v2LKZj

Sent From My Dark EclipticONE

fix for tethering. for now flashable zip hawknest will commit it to svn later. also if you have issues or question feel free to post in rom thread in the int section (but please specify it is for sprint :D )

thanks for the warm welcome
    OK, so here is my setup:

Haven't updated to the latest firmware, but I updated the radios to the ones found in 4.3.

I wiped System, Dalvik, Cache but left Data untouched before flashing.

I flashed the ROM and also selected not to wipe before flashing, made my selections and booted into the ROM, booted fine.

Installed Kustomizer and chose NOT to odex the ROM once I was done.

Right now everything seems to be working fine, no reboots after a call, no hanging at the splashscreen/boot animation, etc.

I did find a couple interesting bugs though:

1.) trying to change the ringtone and notification sound from settings doesn't work, tapping either results in nothing happening. I have to go into personalize and Sounds in order to change them. Not a big deal.
    2.) Where in the hell is the lockscreen customizations? There are just gone.
    3.) Going into settings and About phone shows that this is apparently InsertCoin 4.0-3? lol Also it's Sense 5.0 not 5.5 obviously typographical errors since it has Sense 5.5 features.
    4.) would love to be able to remove GPS, NFC, and headphone icons from statusbar as it's very cluttered up there.

Aside from those I'm liking it and really dig the Pana 360 in the sense camera. REALLY cool and I see no reason for having the 4.3 android camera installed anymore. Thank you so much for porting this to Sprint.

1. yes i know about this, question have you disabled window animation in developer options ? if yes enabled them and set to 1x see if ringtones work
    2. htc removed those in sense 5.5 dunno why they made this decision
    3. yes, i fixed it after i release the rom, sync up rom svn, flash and should be ok. (you have on my website links to svn and tutorial how to set it up and use it
    4. yes i can probably remove those but this means you will have to start using SVN, and provide feedback

otoh please post all your issue in insertcoin thread with the mention you are a sprint users, is easier for me to get reports this way and easier for you to get answers there than in here

all the best. thanks for feedback