[MOD][PORT][JB 4.1.2] Honami Camera for all Qualcom Xperia | v 1.5 | 10/11/13

Search This thread

abhaykelkar

Aug 26, 2012
Thane
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Hi... @niaboc79 before installing this, i did a CWM backup and after installing this camera if i restore the same via CWM so would it replace Honami camera i just installed??? Anyone who knows, please let me know asap...Thanks in advance. :)

Hi... @niaboc79 before installing this, i did a CWM backup and after installing this camera if i restore the same via CWM so would it replace Honami camera i just installed??? Anyone who knows, please let me know asap...Thanks in advance. :)

yeah ofcourse @abhaykelkar
then you restore your previous stuff, just logical :)

yakupTR

Jun 28, 2013
size 12 mpx ... resolution, but the image quality is worse than a normal camera, why?

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
Download

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t42xl425qjn2zvb/Honami_Camera_Xperia_4.1.2.zip

Credits

Felimenta97 | Serajr | Erorcun | machao44 | krabappel2548

Note to rom cookers

Don't use my work without asking me ;)

Just to correct the record:

I am aware of only two instances where honami camera would work (with limitations) on Xperia ION/Xperia S: your eZistenZ and my Aoba_PureBlack (see ION Development Section). For my version I used files from NuriJ, for which I got permission and gave credit. While it is theoretically possible that NuriJ used your files, his version did NOT initially work on ION (and I PMed him about it). So, I did some work to modify the files, which resulted in a working version.

Moreover, there is a difference between the way honami camera works in our roms: in my rom, when you get F/C, as a result of touching Superior Auto, you don't need to repeat the process of initialization, all you need to do is exit and restart camera again by clicking the camera button. In your rom, one needs to go back to Dinosaur and redo the whole thing.

P.S. This is not intended to criticize you or your work in any way (which I admire), but rather as an attempt to correct the record... :)

EDIT: I just flashed your zip and can confirm that when I get F/C, I can't just simply restart the camera. I need to go to Dinosaur and do the sequence again. In my rom, all you need to do is to click the camera button and you are all set.

Last edited:

niaboc79

Recognized Developer / Inactive RT
Sep 8, 2007
Enghien
www.nirvana-records.be
Just to correct the record:

I am aware of only two instances where honami camera would work (with limitations) on Xperia ION/Xperia S: your eZistenZ and my Aoba_PureBlack (see ION Development Section). For my version I used files from NuriJ, for which I got permission and gave credit. While it is theoretically possible that NuriJ used your files, his version did NOT initially work on ION (and I PMed him about it). So, I did some work to modify the files, which resulted in a working version.

Moreover, there is a difference between the way honami camera works in our roms: in my rom, when you get F/C, as a result of touching Superior Auto, you don't need to repeat the process of initialization, all you need to do is exit and restart camera again by clicking the camera button. In your rom, one needs to go back to Dinosaur and redo the whole thing.

P.S. This is not intended to criticize you or your work in any way (which I admire), but rather as an attempt to correct the record... :)

EDIT: I just flashed your zip and can confirm that when I get F/C, I can't just simply restart the camera. I need to go to Dinosaur and do the sequence again. In my rom, all you need to do is to click the camera button and you are all set.

Nurij was not aware that he was using my work, this have been talked in private. We will work together now ;)

You can still use the files but tell me what are your changes to increase stability ;)

Envoyé de mon C6603 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: NuriJ

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
Nurij was not aware that he was using my work, this have been talked in private. We will work together now ;)

You can still use the files but tell me what are your changes to increase stability ;)

I was experimenting with some files in bin and some libs. At some point it started to work (apparently some of the original firmware files preserved were responsible for that). For example, neither flash nor torch worked, until I restored the original libcameralight. I can't pinpoint a single file. When I get home, I'll try to assemble directories in a zip and just send them to you...

Reactions: niaboc79

artttur

Jul 29, 2013
Erevan
Tryed on 2 difference ROM .
1.Cleaned data(cash,factory,dalvik)
2 Mount system
3 Flashed
3 Cleared data
Reboot.
Work only when started from widjet AR mod ,Time shift. No manual no superior. Manual just close camera with no massage or so. When try superior wrote 'camera stopped'.Also when try to start from app shortcut "unfortunely camera has stopped". Any solution?
Regards

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
For some weird reason, flashing doesn't result in a fully working version, unless you already have honami camera. You'd be better off to unzip Niabok's files, incorporate them into your rom and then flash. This way, the camera will work (with stated limitations)...

alone_in_dark

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 2, 2012
Chittagong
Yes, i also thought so. Then, how can i install this without losing my data (installed apps)? Basically, i dont want to install all my apps and configure them again as per my needs. any help @niaboc79 @Pandemic???

Boot into CWM,go to "backup and restore" and hit "backup"..This will backup your whole ROM with ur apps.. You can restore in the same way..!! just hit "restore" that time...

abhaykelkar

Aug 26, 2012
Thane
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Boot into CWM,go to "backup and restore" and hit "backup"..This will backup your whole ROM with ur apps.. You can restore in the same way..!! just hit "restore" that time...

Dude, i know this and i already did this :) but i lost Honami Camera which i had installed before restoration. How can i keep Honami Camera and all my app and data both? Thanks in advance.

Dude, i know this and i already did this :) but i lost Honami Camera which i had installed before restoration. How can i keep Honami Camera and all my app and data both? Thanks in advance.

What !!??
you are not clear to us man @abhaykelkar
back up your apps then with titanium back up and which device you have??
@niaboc79
can you port this also to U8500 Novathor devices like Xperia P instead of Qualcom only ?
we want this camera also you know :)

niaboc79

Recognized Developer / Inactive RT
Sep 8, 2007
Enghien
www.nirvana-records.be
What !!??

@niaboc79
can you port this also to U8500 Novathor devices like Xperia P instead of Qualcom only ?

I can't write .so files or even edit them. Nobody can :(

Reactions: Pandemic

abhaykelkar

Aug 26, 2012
Thane
Samsung Galaxy S21+
What !!??

@niaboc79

Its simple. I want to have this Honami Camera on my Xperia S having niaboc79's existenz ultra rom. So now as per the instructions i flashed this and its working as expected. Then i restored my backup via CWM which will obviously replace Honami Camera. What i am asking is how can i keep Honami Camera even after i restore my backup via CWM. Point is i dont want to install and configure all apps again after flashing this camera because as per steps we need to do a factory reset. I hope its clear now :) and somebody will help me. Thanks.

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Its simple. I want to have this Honami Camera on my Xperia S having niaboc79's existenz ultra rom. So now as per the instructions i flashed this and its working as expected. Then i restored my backup via CWM which will obviously replace Honami Camera. What i am asking is how can i keep Honami Camera even after i restore my backup via CWM. Point is i dont want to install and configure all apps again after flashing this camera because as per steps we need to do a factory reset. I hope its clear now :) and somebody will help me. Thanks.

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

@abhaykelkar
like i said yeah, read this: Back up your apps with titanium back up download from the playstore, then you can restore you installed apps again after flashing this and you have what you want. I hope im clear now !!

@niaboc79 to bad bro :(
its hard todo that and i want to help as you know, and if it is not possible then there is no chance for us XP users to use this AWESOME camera :(

Top Liked Posts