Omega rom

Search This thread

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
Is working 100% on my SM-N900T with jovy's compulsion kernel everything that wasn't working before(wifi,bluetooth,NFC,etc) now works!! With this rom comes an aroma installer that lets you uninstall bloatware of upto 700mb!(i had over 25gb+ internal storage left) after getting rid of all bloat and this rom is smoking fast now! I should also mention that mattiadj's ext2internalsd mod works on Omega as well, i just used the galaxy s4 4.3 fat32.zip and now storages are swapped so all the large app data goes to extsd instead of internal storage. I still got way too much to setup on this phone but wanted to let people know about this :D

ArcticFish

Jun 3, 2012
Orlando
Just asking did u get a bug to internally wipe the SD card? It seemed to happen before to people when flashing omega on a non international phone

Sent from my SM-N900T

mastermindx85

Jul 19, 2007
I got a bug like that it wiped all my internal sd card. I was trying to flash X note and it did that any reason why?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

aalupatti

Feb 20, 2011
Is working 100% on my SM-N900T with jovy's compulsion kernel everything that wasn't working before(wifi,bluetooth,NFC,etc) now works!! With this rom comes an aroma installer that lets you uninstall bloatware of upto 700mb!(i had over 25gb+ internal storage left) after getting rid of all bloat and this rom is smoking fast now! I should also mention that mattiadj's ext2internalsd mod works on Omega as well, i just used the galaxy s4 4.3 fat32.zip and now storages are swapped so all the large app data goes to extsd instead of internal storage. I still got way too much to setup on this phone but wanted to let people know about this :D

Can u tell us the steps u took??
Did u have tp flash anyatches ?

otisman

May 12, 2012
Got the link for ROM much alohas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

m_reyna_16

Mar 4, 2008
a little bit out of topic but what are the advantages and disadvantages of flashing a rom that is not for our note? are there any risks other than the obvious "you are responsible for what you do to your device" or "warranty is now void" risks?

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
1. Advantages are more variety of roms to choose from, the international roms are updated a lot quicker than USA versions(because it was released over there first, I believe latest firmware over there is mj7). Some roms on the N9005 are pre-debloated for you (HAL room is 700mb rom! Omega has same slimness as HAL just got to choose what you want uninstalled/installed thru aroma).

2. Disadvantages, not many really as long as your only flashing the N9005 compatible LTE note 3 and not the incompatible N9000 (octocore exnyos).

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

Last edited:
Also, some of the features that the carrier offers are sometimes not supported, such as WiFi Calling.

a little bit out of topic but what are the advantages and disadvantages of flashing a rom that is not for our note? are there any risks other than the obvious "you are responsible for what you do to your device" or "warranty is now void" risks?

1. Advantages are more variety of roms to choose from, the international roms are updated a lot quicker than USA versions(because it was released over there first, I believe latest firmware over there is mj7). Some roms on the N9005 are pre-debloated for you (HAL room is 700mb rom! Omega has same slimness as HAL just got to choose what you want uninstalled/installed thru aroma).

2. Disadvantages, not many really as long as your only flashing the N9005 compatible LTE note 3 and not the incompatible N9000 (octocore exnyos).

Reactions: d12unk13astard

m_reyna_16

Mar 4, 2008

Also, some of the features that the carrier offers are sometimes not supported, such as WiFi Calling.

so then i can download any n9005 rom and it will be compatible with n900t? and dirtybudha, how can we know if wifi or other features will work?

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
Wifi, bluetooth, gps, and nfc used to not work on international roms until the devs made that patch #2 which automagically patches all the above to work. But yea don't think tmobiles wifi calling will work on International roms.

It's a long known issue that WiFi calling won't work with ROMS developed outside of a T-Mobile ROM base. I'm not blessed with enough of an understanding of how it works, but ever since my HTC Vision (G2) I've read about WiFi calling not working on other ported or international ROMs.

Aside from that feature, everything else could technically work. Personally, I like the WiFi calling and prefer to maintain it on my phone's ROM.

dirtybudha, how can we know if wifi or other features will work?

Wifi, bluetooth, gps, and nfc used to not work on international roms until the devs made that patch #2 which automagically patches all the above to work. But yea don't think tmobiles wifi calling will work on International roms.

m_reyna_16

Mar 4, 2008

It's a long known issue that WiFi calling won't work with ROMS developed outside of a T-Mobile ROM base. I'm not blessed with enough of an understanding of how it works, but ever since my HTC Vision (G2) I've read about WiFi calling not working on other ported or international ROMs.

Aside from that feature, everything else could technically work. Personally, I like the WiFi calling and prefer to maintain it on my phone's ROM.

im not on t mobile network, im on red pocket and have a t mobile phone... will t mobiles wifi calling still work? if it doesnt, im more than sure there are aftermarket apps that will do the same feature right?

snrbobo

Dec 31, 2008
Sacramento
Everything works great! Here's what I got:

Running HAL 9000
Saber Kernel

I did need to add the LTE APN once i booted the rom up.
other than that, this is awesome!
thanks for the info OP!

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Everything works great! Here's what I got:

Running HAL 9000
Saber Kernel

I did need to add the LTE APN once i booted the rom up.
other than that, this is awesome!
thanks for the info OP!

pathtologos

Mar 9, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
So dam frustrated. I can't seem to download that patch to get all the radios working. Keep getting a .exe file that's only 300 or so kb. Is the patch posted anywhere else. Stupid false links all over that page. Whoever thinks they can do business by tricking you into pressing the wrong link is a f'ing idiot.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

votum

Jul 31, 2008
So dam frustrated. I can't seem to download that patch to get all the radios working. Keep getting a .exe file that's only 300 or so kb. Is the patch posted anywhere else. Stupid false links all over that page. Whoever thinks they can do business by tricking you into pressing the wrong link is a f'ing idiot.

Yeah wifi-calling will never work on international roms. Which is fine because wifi-calling causes more issues than it fixes. The majority of my calls get dropped and it breaks messaging more often than not. PITA.

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks

Uncheck that little box that says"Use our download manager and get recommended downloads" before you download then a box will pop up and save file as ;)

Top Liked Posts