So long One V!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ShAaShAy

Apr 11, 2012
New Delhi
So I went to get my one v replaced and apparently the HTC guys had like 4 more units with defections! HTC themselves said that many pieces were defected and such problems wouldn't be solved till another 2 months or so and they suggested me to get a new device. So here I am with a sensation xe after replacing 2 one v devices! Regardless, I'd still say one v was an awesome lil guy and I'd still recommened..

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA

phobos512

Mar 1, 2009
I'm also curious to know the issue. My girlfriend loves her V. Hasn't had any trouble with it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Android311

Dec 13, 2011
California
Sometimes HTC has that happen, I had 3 defective wildfire s when it first came out, so its probaly just a bug, give it a month or two and the phones will be fine

Sent from my HTC_A510c using XDA

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
HTC themselves said that many pieces were defected and such problems wouldn't be solved till another 2 months or so and they suggested me to get a new device.
This sounds unlikely to me. If this were true I think it would be all over the internet.

BTW, I've seen nothing wrong with my unit. I'm really enjoying it.

ShAaShAy

Apr 11, 2012
New Delhi
well guys, just cuz it happens to me doesn't mean you all are unlucky :)
there were no issues with the performance, but bugs with the physical aspects of the phone. Like leakage of light from micro usb, from under the screen beneath the capacitive buttons and also bands of light on the display. Like I said, I replaced the phone 2 times already and the second unit turned out to be even more defected, and it's nearly impossible for me to go get a newer unit every time so yeah :p
I'm happy with the decision though! loving my XE! :D
One V is still awesome! THAT PHONE HAS MY RESPECT! \\m//

ShAaShAy

Apr 11, 2012
New Delhi
and yeah another thing was the grip. it would lose signal when held in certain positions! one minute it loses signal, the next minute i keep it on a table by it's own, full strength.

handisetyadi

Mar 5, 2011
defective ?

i had htc desire and it always reboot whenever it gets overheat. I sent it to service it took 4 months already and i dont know what happens with it .

RaceAce

Jun 17, 2010
Just received by HTC One V

It is also defective.
- The screen has a yellow line on the top and the bottom
- The touch screen is not working in certain places.

This sucks. I know atleast one other person with the same problem.

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
Like leakage of light from micro usb, from under the screen beneath the capacitive buttons
Now that you mention this, I see it on my phone too, but it's so hard to notice that don't see why this is a big deal.

and also bands of light on the display.
I'm not getting this at all.

and yeah another thing was the grip. it would lose signal when held in certain positions! one minute it loses signal, the next minute i keep it on a table by it's own, full strength.
This is not a defect per se but a design decision. I don't notice it when talking but I do on the edge of wifi range. Not seemingly worse than my tablet or laptop.

well guys, just cuz it happens to me doesn't mean you all are unlucky :)
Or perhaps not as picky given that this is a budget device. I'm quite pleased with it for what I paid. My only complaint is no CWM Recovery yet. :)

BTW, where I live, the Sensation XP costs $100 more that the One V. My expectations would certainly be higher with that phone.

Last edited:

ShAaShAy

Apr 11, 2012
New Delhi
i'm not able to really quite explain what i meant by bands of light. you must have checked out the other thread about the yellow spots right? yeah quite similar to those.

i wouldn't say picky, but when htc themselves admit to their customers that they screwed up with some stuff, i'd rather go get something more solid and stable. that's just me though :D

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
Heat isn't good for it, but it's common for lith ion batteries to get hot when charging. My Galaxy Tab 8.9 gets pretty hot too. Haven't checked the One V yet.

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
i'm not able to really quite explain what i meant by bands of light. you must have checked out the other thread about the yellow spots right? yeah quite similar to those.
That to me is the only realistic problem, which my phone doesn't have at all.

The light leak is really no big deal. Neither is the signal strength issue. Side-by-side with my Wildfire S the One V always has equal or better signal and I've never dropped a call with the Wildfire here in Cambodia or Thailand. Where you dropping calls?

ShAaShAy

Apr 11, 2012
New Delhi
My earlier unit didn't have it at all but this one did. And the light leak is intensr, u can see it very very clearly, coming from sort of under the screen, even in normal view. I'd post a to show what I really mean but don't have it anymore now..

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
gsmarena.com posted their review a couple days ago and had quite the opposite experience:

Connectivity suffers no death grip

We tested the phone for death-grip and we didn't find any problems - Wi-Fi signal drops if you completely cover the top plastic panel on the back, but the reception still remains quite strong. Cell signal didn't budge.

I don't notice this either, and as I said before, it's signal reception is better than my Wildfire S so I'm quite happy. The WFS has never dropped a call and I doubt my One V will either.

Last edited:

ShAaShAy

Apr 11, 2012
New Delhi
yeah well like i said, maybe it's just my tough luck, right? hey, don't get me wrong with the issues, i absolutely love the One V! :D

bharat.utd

Apr 17, 2012
Hello can someone please help me... Whenever I am calling or disconnecting the phone ... The phone starts blinking with a red background also there are some yellow spots on the screen... Can I get it replaced??

Sent from my HTC One V using XDA

Status
Not open for further replies.