Replacement batteries

Search This thread

lukevaka1

Apr 2, 2013
Please post up links to the best replacement battery for the Epic 4g.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

epic559

Oct 17, 2012
Fresno,Cali 559
Search amazon iv bought an extended 3500mah hyperion battery that came with backing I emailed amazon and hyperion saying backing didn't fit good and it fit just fine I emaild them this knowing they'd just send me another battery so they ended up sending me 2more 3 total :) there beast I bought a battery charger aswell then I wanted a good slim battery and ordered a qcell epic touch slim 1900mah battery from amazon and epic touch batteries fit our og epics perfect :) it came in less then 2days really fast :)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

Pyperkub

Oct 18, 2008
The 1800 mah batteries for the Epic Touch work great too. Samsung-branded OEM batteries have been much better than any of the 'compatible' batteries. Amazon has them for about $15

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Check out my battery reviews in my sig to get an idea, I believe that the fat 3500 batteries have value that CANNOT be beat! (as long as added girth isn't minded)
A solid slim battery would be the OEM 1800mAh battery from the Epic Touch (just MAKE SURE it's true OEM and not a knock off that just looks like it... there are certain tells such as listed model numbers and other markings)

Last edited:

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
I find my OEM Samsung 1800mah to be substantial. Lasts the day and that's all I need I suppose. I can't stand fat batteries.
Yeah the 1800mAh batt is my favorite slim batt for sure just wish they were as cheap as the fat batts so you can choose between thin or capacity. I don't believe they deserve to be more than $1 in difference for the price/ performance to be on par with da fatties

SochBAT

Oct 16, 2010
Yeah the 1800mAh batt is my favorite slim batt for sure just wish they were as cheap as the fat batts so you can choose between thin or capacity. I don't believe they deserve to be more than $1 in difference for the price/ performance to be on par with da fatties

I take it the 1800mAh batts don't need a bigger batt cover, right?

Sep 30, 2012
Check out my battery reviews in my sig to get an idea, I believe that the fat 3500 batteries have value that CANNOT be beat! (as long as added girth isn't minded)
A solid slim battery would be the OEM 1800mAh battery from the Epic Touch (just MAKE SURE it's true OEM and not a knock off that just looks like it... there are certain tells such as listed model numbers and other markings)
Thanks for the links... I have been very lucky with my current battery, but think I should probably get a backup before this one bites the dust. Your information will be very useful to me :) thanks!

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Thanks for the links... I have been very lucky with my current battery, but think I should probably get a backup before this one bites the dust. Your information will be very useful to me :) thanks!
You're quite welcome!! I may go on to review my dad's 5 batteries for his S4 (2 OEM and 3 Generic) but I'm still sporting our good old Epic. Might upgrade/switch to a Stratosphere II (Epic on crack)

boocephus

Apr 9, 2013

I bought what appear to be OEM samsung 1800 mAh batteries from Amazon and they weren't stellar performers. i think it might be possible that these are seconds or b-stock or something. I had the stock 1400 that came with my phone in rotation and I just didn't see a big difference with the 1800.

However, I just bought Anker 1800s and those things have impressed me. 2 batteries and an outboard charger for $20 is a helluva deal, too. I am gun shy about buying the ones that are marked "samsung" now due to the negative experience I had. Your mileage may vary.

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
I bought what appear to be OEM samsung 1800 mAh batteries from Amazon and they weren't stellar performers. i think it might be possible that these are seconds or b-stock or something. I had the stock 1400 that came with my phone in rotation and I just didn't see a big difference with the 1800.

However, I just bought Anker 1800s and those things have impressed me. 2 batteries and an outboard charger for $20 is a helluva deal, too. I am gun shy about buying the ones that are marked "samsung" now due to the negative experience I had. Your mileage may vary.
*1500mAh stock

You may have bought a counterfeit in OEM's clothing. Can you get some pictures up of your "OEM" samsung 1800 batts??

I hear good things about Anker batteries but haven't had the pleasure of using them nor testing them. Would you want me to analyze yours?

RotorBalls

Aug 18, 2012
I just bought this battery a week ago and feel as though it may be a knock off. It only gets about 8 hours of life before dying. How can you tell if it's a fake?
I guess I could have resized...oops sorry!
HjQNUA9.jpg

OGbZJOJ.jpg

DDAXx8Y.jpg

Last edited:

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Hmm...that does appear to be genuine...

Maybe they sent you some used ones or possible "new" ones that have sit unused in the warehouse for too long. Would you like me to analyze them for ya?? (or any other batteries)

As you saw my dad hadn't had his for longer than 6 months and his 1800 battery dropped from 1800mAh to about 1500mAh average.

Have you fully discharged and charged them a couple times. They might need that.

RotorBalls

Aug 18, 2012
Hmm...that does appear to be genuine...

Maybe they sent you some used ones or possible "new" ones that have sit unused in the warehouse for too long. Would you like me to analyze them for ya?? (or any other batteries)

As you saw my dad hadn't had his for longer than 6 months and his 1800 battery dropped from 1800mAh to about 1500mAh average.

Have you fully discharged and charged them a couple times. They might need that.

I was expecting to see a MFG date on it like my two (3 year old) factory batteries I have. After a few days of using the 1800 I went back to them since they at least make it through the day. They've had a few charge cycles or more.

The first day or so was rough since the phone was reporting 15-20% power and then would just power off. I'd turn it back on and it'd say 5% or something. Admittedly when I put this new battery in I deleted the battery stats file so I attributed this initial behavior to that.

I was planning to return the battery if it's worth my time/money since I got it fairly cheap on ebay (doh!). I should have read these threads before shopping there for bargains.

How would you go about analyzing batteries? Need to send them to you?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry for the double post and all that, but-

Been talking with iviyth0s and I got interested in seeing what these Anker batteries can really do. So I ordered this:

amazon.com/dp/B005HBAJ1C/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item (ALL new users prevented from posting outside links in their messages. After approximately 10 posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thank you for understanding!)
    It's the "Anker® 1800mAh Li-ion Replacement Battery For Samsung Galaxy S 4G SGH-T959v (Not For Galaxy S4), Galaxy S I9000, Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710(Sprint), Galaxy S2 SCH-R760(U.S. Cellular), fits EB575152VA [18-Month Warranty]" one.

And I sent it his way for testing. It'll be interesting for sure to see what it can do.