Post Reply Email Thread
17th October 2011, 06:24 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
good work to the poster of this
22nd October 2011, 06:16 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Just a quick question. After reading this topic and the original topic linked in the OP, it's still not really clear to me if the cable has to be plugged to the battery or to the phone pins. Can anyone explain me the correct procedure? tx
23rd October 2011, 03:17 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Tyler83 - It should be plugged into the battery pins (there are 4 of them in the back)
what happens if my battery is just fine and I still do it? nothing?
8th November 2011, 07:42 PM |#104  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 15

More
When I went to plug in the usb from the hack onto the laptop..i get this message
Quote:

"Power Surge on Hub Port"..... "A USB device has exceeded the power limits of its hub port. For assisatance in solving this problem, click this message."

The only options i get is to reset the usb or to close it..

The light on the phone doesn't turn on.. but if i unplug the usb from the hack and plug in the regular usb onto the phone's regular port then the white light does come on..

Any solutions?
9th November 2011, 05:39 PM |#106  
Flag Austin

More
Does it matter if I use a usb cable from mini usb or micro usb? I have been told they carry same output.

Sent from my MB501 using Tapatalk
11th November 2011, 01:16 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
It works!
Thank you to all who have posted this useful info!

I hooked up my battery to my modified cable and plugged the cable into the AC adapter. It charged the battery enough so I could re-flash. 2 quick items: 1) check with a VOM to make sure you are connecting the correct wires and with the proper polarity. 2) connect the wires only to the battery. That way, if anything goes wrong, you'll only lose a battery. I hooked up the cable to an AC adapter because I didn't want to risk losing my usb on my laptop.
11th November 2011, 08:48 AM |#108  
Flag Prag
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi all,
I have the same problem. But I have for my lucky second battery - full charged

The lesson that it is better to fully charge the battery, before we try to flash Defy
11th November 2011, 10:19 AM |#109  
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilfatx

Does it matter if I use a usb cable from mini usb or micro usb? I have been told they carry same output.

The voltage on the power pins is the same regardless of whether it's USB, mini-USB or micro-USB. Think about it for a minute: it comes out of a USB port on your PC and goes along a plan ol' bit of wire to a micro-USB port on your Defy. It's going to be the same voltage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilfatx

When I went to plug in the usb from the hack onto the laptop..i get this message

"Power Surge on Hub Port"..... "A USB device has exceeded the power limits of its hub port. For assisatance in solving this problem, click this message."
The only options i get is to reset the usb or to close it.

Any solutions?

Yes: don't use the USB port on your laptop. There is a limit to the current they can provide and they will shut down if the device connected to them tries to draw too much. In the case of the hack, there's no control being exercised over the current draw and if your battery is flat (which is why you're having to do this after all) then it can very likely pull more current than the laptop wants to supply through its USB port. You might have more success plugging your hack cable in to a powered USB hub, if you have one.
The Following User Says Thank You to ejstubbs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ejstubbs Ad-Free
12th November 2011, 01:30 PM |#110  
Flag Austin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejstubbs

The voltage on the power pins is the same regardless of whether it's USB, mini-USB or micro-USB. Think about it for a minute: it comes out of a USB port on your PC and goes along a plan ol' bit of wire to a micro-USB port on your Defy. It's going to be the same voltage.

Yes: don't use the USB port on your laptop. There is a limit to the current they can provide and they will shut down if the device connected to them tries to draw too much. In the case of the hack, there's no control being exercised over the current draw and if your battery is flat (which is why you're having to do this after all) then it can very likely pull more current than the laptop wants to supply through its USB port. You might have more success plugging your hack cable in to a powered USB hub, if you have one.

Thanks for the response. As far as the battery I found a friend with a defy and used their battery and my defy still didn't turn on.

I will try plugging mine with my battery into wall instead if laptop and hope it works
:)

12th November 2011, 03:48 PM |#111  
Flag Austin

More
Also is it possible if someone can post a picture of the connections and the battery. I would like to ensure I'm doing this correctly.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flash, hack, mcgyver, modding, program

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)