Warning: HTC CC C200 (Genuine car charger)

Search This thread

gogol

May 20, 2005
Hi,

I bought one of this HTC CC C200, HTC genuine car charger for micro usb.

Problem is ... it does not tightly connect to the car power source (the cigarette lighter). It is very loose, you must push it downward to connect. Even then, it does not connect reliably.

I dont think this is an issue with my cars, I tested on my Peugeot 206 and Toyota Yaris. Both has the same problem like this.

Well, this is just fyi.

Wasted 22 euro :(

Attachments

• htc_cc_c200.jpg
    htc_cc_c200.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 600

Mad Majk

Sep 1, 2008
Katowice
Yup. I know this one. Have seen chargers that don't fit the socket properly. The right charger should look more like this. http://i.expansys.com/i/b/b140838.jpg Take note of the collar just in front of the silver pin at the end. The collar holds the charger in place. I had an exact charger like this for my Diamond2 and it fitted perfectly. It's not the cars fault. All the sockets in the cars are the same - normalized.

gogol

May 20, 2005
Yes, that's the one. I have couple of them actually. But they are for mini-USB.

I was thinking to buy the converter from mini to micro. Then, I thought, Ok, new phone ... why not new charger? ... Then read suggestion to buy genuine HTC car charger. It turned out a mistake.

I think, this would be fine:
http://shop.brando.com/bw-car-charger-cable-for-micro-usb_p03082c0022d003.html

SCACG004200_04_L.jpg

Yup. I know this one. Have seen chargers that don't fit the socket properly. The right charger should look more like this. http://i.expansys.com/i/b/b140838.jpg Take note of the collar just in front of the silver pin at the end. The collar holds the charger in place. I had an exact charger like this for my Diamond2 and it fitted perfectly. It's not the cars fault. All the sockets in the cars are the same - normalized.

Mad Majk

Sep 1, 2008
Katowice
Yea, should work. But You need to be superduper sure about the Amps output of the charger. There are stories on the forums about chargers that are too weak to charge the phone during GPS + GPRS operation. I wonder if they would menage to charge a phone operating just the GPS (non GPRS related turn-by-turn navigation program). Anyway, in case You buy one of these, give us a call if it menages to charge the phone like it should.

gogol

May 20, 2005
Thanks, I read that thread, that's why I bought that HTC CC C200.

From the picture above, it said: Output 5VDC, 1A

Is this what we are looking for?

I know, it could be different in reality.

PS: Is there any tool to really measure this output?

Talos77

Apr 24, 2010
I have the HTC C200 unit and it fits perfectly in my cars lighter socket without any issues.

Sent from my HTC Desire using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

butus73

Dec 2, 2006
I have original HTC C200 charger and it fits without any problem in cars lighter - Ford C-max.

gogol

May 20, 2005
Do you need to really push it down?

Will it "click" to the lighter?

I tried to push it and I saw the "HTC" text turned on ... When I loose my hand, it turned off.

As I said, I was thinking this is an issue with my cars (Peugeot 206 station wagon, Toyota Yaris), but both have this loosen issue.

Mister-C

Mar 27, 2010
I purchased the HTC CC C200 also and have exactly the same problem. My car is a Peugeot 206. As you say, the charger needs to be pushed quite firmly in, and with mine, the side connectors need to be aligned also. Its okay when I've found the right position, but the slightest touch against the device can easily stop it from charging. I haven't decided yet whether to request a refund/exchange for something else.

Talos77

Apr 24, 2010
Nope no need to manipulate it to keep charging. As soon as I plug it in the HTC light comes on and I can twist the unit and pull on the usb cable when its connected and it keeps charging.

Tried it in both a Mazda 6 and a Holden Commodore and fits snug in both cars.

Sent from my HTC Desire using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

edterbak

Jun 15, 2008
Guys,

I see some of you suffer from a loose connections with the cig charger.
The two metal trips on the side of the charger are meant to keep the charger in place. And its a contact point ofcourse. Its a kind of a spring. You can easilly try to use a scewdriver to flex/pull it a little bit more outward. It probably needs a little push like that for it to stick in its place.
I did this once and it worked after 3 minutes of fiddling.

good luck

thanito

Jul 10, 2008
Guys,

I see some of you suffer from a loose connections with the cig charger.
The two metal trips on the side of the charger are meant to keep the charger in place. And its a contact point ofcourse. Its a kind of a spring. You can easilly try to use a scewdriver to flex/pull it a little bit more outward. It probably needs a little push like that for it to stick in its place.
I did this once and it worked after 3 minutes of fiddling.

good luck

+1

I have the OEM charger and have no problem in my MINI

topbanana4

Oct 20, 2006
i got two original htc chargers and had the same problem ( wouldn't stay in charger and would pop out very easy ) i bent the metal clips and was ok .but then the charger wouldn't work .there is a problem with the cable at the mini usb end ( charger was for a diamond ). my problem is that i think they are original but really might be FAKE chargers

marshalex

Apr 25, 2010
any feedback on the output of this charger? i've recently purchased the belkin 1amp usb charger however this is not sufficient to power the phone during heavy use (gps, sat nav, music player etc). can anyone confirm that the official one can?

dafunky

Jan 7, 2009
Can people tell which charger gives enough power to charge the Desire during heavy use (3G data+gps) ? My old one (Genuine HTC Pharos) is supposed to give 1A but my Desire keeps discharging (slowly but surely).