CWM and TWRP Recovery For RAZR HD Developer Edition

Search This thread

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
Tucstwo made a one click flash. Read below.

Like mentioned in the OP. I made a 1 click for the HD that removes all the necessary files that would over write you custom recovery AND then flashes either CWM or TWRP for you. Just need windows and a phone. No fastboot, no nothing. Just plug in and click.

Here if you want it

**All Credit to Hashcode**

TWRP will work on any XT926 with an unlocked bootloader.

Download the latest version of TWRP from here: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/vanquish/

I believe someone has created a tool that will install this for you in a "one-click" fashion. I would recommend that to anyone not really familiar with fastboot or has lesser confidence in using this method.

Here are instructions: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/twrp-and-clocworkmod-cwm-recovery-for-motorola-droid-razr-hd-xt926/ (Ignore the TWRP download links from that article because they may be old.)

*Hashcode, XDA, nor I are responsible for what you choose to do with your device**

Last edited:

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
No, these are only intended for XT926 Developer edition. Check the other development area. You guys have a recovery.

Edit: if you want to be 100% sure message @dhacker29 on twitter.

Sent via Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: madmonkey57

lucidvtec

Jul 28, 2010
Wish I had a dev edition!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

Kevlar01

Nov 8, 2012
Greetings,
I've just moved up to the XT926 from the Droid X2 and I have a basic question concerning use of these recoveries. I flashed a lot of ROMs on the X2 but I knew I always had the battery pull "safety net" available in case of soft brick or boot loops...and I had to make use of it several times.

This is my first "no battery removal" device and since the battery pull is not really an option on the XT926 (well, not without a lot of extra work), I was wondering if its always possible to get the phone booted into one of these recoveries from say a boot loop, or if some other "disaster recovery" method is needed for such events. I'm looking forward to flashing some ROMs on this awesome phone (once they get a bit more stable), but I'd like to know what I might be in for before I start.

If this is a more complicated topic than should be addressed here, I'd be happy to go look at a different forum/posting if someone could point me to it! Thanks in advance for any help!

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
Ok just to start the recoveries in this thread are for the developer edition only. The safestrap recovery for all the other versions is in the other development section.

To your questions there should be a reset combination for resetting the battery (like pulling it.) Also you should almost always be able to fastboot flash back to stock if something goes wrong.

Reactions: Kevlar01

Kevlar01

Nov 8, 2012
Thanks for the reply and yes, I have the Dev Edition (I was going to buy @ full retail anyway to preserve my unlimited data on VZW; figured the DE might provide more possibilities down the road for updates once the developer community started working with it).

Good to hear that there are HW methods available to recover. I'll do more google research before I embark on any major changes. Thanks again!

rebretz000

Jul 11, 2012
Magrathea
I'm in the same boat as Kevlar. I'm buying at full retail to save my unlimited data. Debating between RAZR HD Dev Edition or the RAZR HD MAXX. My GNEX battery just sucks and so do the radios.
So if I get the Dev edition I can use the CWM or TWRP but they won't work on the MAXX. Only safe strap works?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
I'm in the same boat as Kevlar. I'm buying at full retail to save my unlimited data. Debating between RAZR HD Dev Edition or the RAZR HD MAXX. My GNEX battery just sucks and so do the radios.
So if I get the Dev edition I can use the CWM or TWRP but they won't work on the MAXX. Only safe strap works?

That's correct since they don't make a Dev Maxx.

Pupalei

Mar 12, 2011

I had the same debate and people on Rootz assured me that the non-MAXX has a great battery too. So I just ordered the Dev Edition.

rebretz000

Jul 11, 2012
Magrathea
Can someone please answer my noob question.
I've been reading up on flashing ROMs for the RAZR HD but all directions are for the regular RAZR HDs not the Developer Edition so they all talk about Safestrap.
Does the SD card need partitioned if using TWRP or CWM when flashing ROMs onto Developer edition.

rebretz000

Jul 11, 2012
Magrathea
I installed TWRP but I think I like CWM better. Is it possible to switch? Just delete all TWRP files and then install CWM?
I tried flashing two ROMs.. CM10 & Vitreous but got errors on both using TWRP. Want to try CWM.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Spazmonkey83

Nov 14, 2010
Quick question.

The directions make it clear that renaming recovery.sh is a fairly important step in the process. However, when I went to browse the /system/ect folder I could not find the recovery.sh file. I could find install-recovery.sh however. Is this the same file?

Thank you.

Edit: Got it all worked out and it seems to work flawlessly so far. Thank you for all of the hard work.

Last edited:

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
If you use TWRP it should rename the file for you like the directions say. If you are in system/etc then yea it should be the same file.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tucstwo made a one click flash. Read below.

Like mentioned in the OP. I made a 1 click for the HD that removes all the necessary files that would over write you custom recovery AND then flashes either CWM or TWRP for you. Just need windows and a phone. No fastboot, no nothing. Just plug in and click.

Here if you want it

**All Credit to Hashcode**

TWRP will work on any XT926 with an unlocked bootloader.

Download the latest version of TWRP from here: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/vanquish/

I believe someone has created a tool that will install this for you in a "one-click" fashion. I would recommend that to anyone not really familiar with fastboot or has lesser confidence in using this method.

Here are instructions: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/twrp-and-clocworkmod-cwm-recovery-for-motorola-droid-razr-hd-xt926/ (Ignore the TWRP download links from that article because they may be old.)

*Hashcode, XDA, nor I are responsible for what you choose to do with your device**
    No, these are only intended for XT926 Developer edition. Check the other development area. You guys have a recovery.

Edit: if you want to be 100% sure message @dhacker29 on twitter.

Ok just to start the recoveries in this thread are for the developer edition only. The safestrap recovery for all the other versions is in the other development section.

To your questions there should be a reset combination for resetting the battery (like pulling it.) Also you should almost always be able to fastboot flash back to stock if something goes wrong.

You wont be sorry at all. Its a great phone.

I've been using the dev HD for two weeks now and the battery is right on par with my old RAZR maxx.