Thread Closed Email Thread
29th April 2013, 01:24 AM |#21  
Flag Awesomeville, USA
Thanks Meter: 312

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v12xke

Assuming I am BL unlocked, rooted and on 4.1.2 with CWM installed after using the utility, can I then just flash the latest CM 10.1 nightly?
Can I safely remove Safestrap now and just use CWM instead? Thanks.

Yes, I believe I read somewhere that once the bootloader is unlocked we can use CWM and that safestrap is obsolete. I have used CWM already and it worked perfectly to restore a backup I had.

Still trying to get my phone to download and install 4.1.2 though...

What are the benefits of 4.1.2 over 4.1.1 again?
29th April 2013, 03:35 AM |#22  
Flag The Woodlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 618

More
Thumbs up
Goal was to get my brother's moto xt-926 running CM 10.1 like my other Nexi ( 2x GNex, 2x N4), including flashing, backups, etc. with CWM. We were running 4.1.1 and I had rooted with Matt's previous toolkit, utilizing Voodoo, and Safestrap 3. Today: I unlocked the bootloader first per Matt's advice. I then completely uninstalled SS3 via the app, and then uninstalled the app. Next I installed CWM using the Razr Recovery Flasher Tool, selecting Epinter's CWM port. Once I had S3 gone and CWM installed it was all downhill. I chose Epinter's CM 10.1 ROM,
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2087686 ...latest version (4/27) uploaded by dhacker29. Once I had a solid nandroid via CWM, I installed CM 10.1 and the appropriate Gapps for 4.2.2. Motorola makes good hardware, but Verizon really effs up a good experience by putting so many roadblocks up. From now on, it is as simple as backing up and then flashing the next greatest flavor of Android. Hope this post helps someone out there.
29th April 2013, 10:21 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Is this normal?

I can't seem to get around this.

http://i.imgur.com/O3mD8w4.png
30th April 2013, 06:53 PM |#24  
Elkhart
Thanks Meter: 39

More
after unlocking the bootloader is it safe to delete the motochopper app?
5th May 2013, 10:30 PM |#25  
Flag Bristol CT USA
Thanks Meter: 56

More
I just used this utility to install a fresh stock JB to my phone as a reference point and to save an image that I can do an OTA upgrade later if I want. Now I can debloat my custom image. I was coming from 4.1.1. Now that my boot loader is unlocked I don't have to worry about losing root. I could not do OTA on my 4.1.1 because I removed to much of the Verizon stuff that the OTA failed.

I was wondering if anyone has seen all the bad reviews (on Google searches) that Stock 4.1.2 is getting compared to the stability of 4.1.1. I was very happy with 4.1.1 and retained a nandroid backup in case I need to go back. So far I have not seen any problems with 4.1.2 since I flashed it. I habitually use Apex launcher.

My 926 is provided by my employer so now I have this nice standard Stock 4.1.2 I can flash in case I have to swap the phone because of problems or upgrade the phone in the future.

Thank you Matt and Dan R. for all your work.
6th May 2013, 02:54 AM |#26  
Flag Bristol CT USA
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktracho13

after unlocking the bootloader is it safe to delete the motochopper app?

I thought motochopper was part of Matt's utility and not an app.

If you are asking if you need to keep Matt's Utility on your computer after unlocking the bootloader, that's up to you. Once the bootloader is unlocked it can not be locked again, ever, so you don't need to keep Matt's utility around for any future bootloader issues. According to Dan Rosenberg, the exploit to unlock the bootloader actually blows a fuse inside the Qualcomm Snapdragon CPU, so once unlocked, it's permanent. That means even Motorola or Verizon can not re-lock it without replacing the CPU.

I am keeping Matt's utility on my computer. You never know when you might want to reflash the stock 4.1.2 again or you may need to root a rom again. The utility makes it very convenient. You may want to help someone else unlock their bootloader.
6th May 2013, 08:33 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for your awesome utility!
6th May 2013, 10:50 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
thanks for great help
12th May 2013, 05:50 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
After wanted to go back to stock having TWRP and an AOKP ..... I booted to bootloader and proceeded to do #1 from Matt's Utility.

all of the previous steps were successful however it has been stuck on Erasing Cache for a long time... 15 minutes.

should i worry?
12th May 2013, 05:58 PM |#30  
Flag New Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 467

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strike3

After wanted to go back to stock having TWRP and an AOKP ..... I booted to bootloader and proceeded to do #1 from Matt's Utility.

all of the previous steps were successful however it has been stuck on Erasing Cache for a long time... 15 minutes.

should i worry?

I would think something is definetly wrong. If your unlocked you know you cant lock again.
12th May 2013, 06:22 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooddale

I would think something is definetly wrong. If your unlocked you know you cant lock again.

i wasn't trying to lock again.

i was just trying to put matt's rooted stock back on there. do i have to put #2 stock recovery before i do #1

I did a complete Wipe in TWRP just now. waiting for further direction......

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike3

i wasn't trying to lock again.

i was just trying to put matt's rooted stock back on there. do i have to put #2 stock recovery before i do #1

I did a complete Wipe in TWRP just now. waiting for further direction......

Its ok now. #1 worked. I just had to do a full wipe in TWRP first.

So I have Matt's stock rooted 4.1.2 with TWRP. going to make a backup of this right now and save it to my Comp just in case my SD card ever gets ruined or full .
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread