FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STABLE][2016.07.05] SuperSU v2.76 [CLOSED]

11,130 posts
Thanks Meter: 84,994

By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 9th March 2012, 09:20 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
2nd April 2012, 07:40 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 352

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimebagdan65

Lmfao case in point! "Flashing the rom again restored root access" NO IT DIDN'T! How can you flash a rom on an unrooted phone...?! Lol thanks for that, updating the guide as it's evidently not perfect for all situations

You don't necessarily need root, with an unlocked bootloader you can flash a custom recovery and thus a custom rom without having root access (except through the recovery which was loaded with fastboot).

2nd April 2012, 08:03 AM |#502  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 617

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveid

You don't necessarily need root, with an unlocked bootloader you can flash a custom recovery and thus a custom rom without having root access (except through the recovery which was loaded with fastboot).

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball. If you can flash a recovery/rom, you can flash SuperSU (dunno how relevant that is, just wanted to use that quote lol)
2nd April 2012, 08:32 AM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I have some ideas for improving the app's usability (only if they can be implemented, of course )
1. There should be a possibility to filter logs by app.
You can open an app and see there via another button the logs associated with it.
2. The user could swipe in order to pass to the next log in the list.
This way its simpler to follow some app's logs.
3. Also, an export log would be useful, for better analyzing logs, search through them etc
Thanks for the fixed bugs so far .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to signumized For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift signumized Ad-Free
2nd April 2012, 08:45 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by signumized

I have some ideas for improving the app's usability (only if they can be implemented, of course )
1. There should be a possibility to filter logs by app.
You can open an app and see there via another button the logs associated with it.
2. The user could swipe in order to pass to the next log in the list.
This way its simpler to follow some app's logs.
3. Also, an export log would be useful, for better analyzing logs, search through them etc
Thanks for the fixed bugs so far .

Great ideas.

+1

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk
2nd April 2012, 11:06 AM |#505  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Quote:

Thanks, before reinstalling the superuser binaries, did you try my trick that I used to trick Tasker into working? Just install superuser as a user app from the market, don't run it, and try the app in question and see if a SuperSU prompt comes up

yeah tried that too no luck
2nd April 2012, 11:10 AM |#506  
Flag Las Vegas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULL3TPR00F

yeah tried that too no luck

Dang, worst case scenario, try emailing the developer of the app in question. They may not be aware of SuperSU yet
3rd April 2012, 03:02 AM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesclinton

Anyone having problem wt Root Explorer not able to acces root ?

any help pls thx in adv

Mine works fine

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using Tapatalk
3rd April 2012, 08:30 AM |#508  
Flag Las Vegas

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs down le sigh...
Will Root Explorer never die and go away...?
FAR superior alternatives:
ES File Explorer (Free)
Script Manager (Free and paid version, cheaper than Root Explorer)

I could go on, but I know it won't do any good. I just wish all those folks that are just needlessly throwing away money would shoot some my way... Somebody, PLEASE, convince me, educate me, prove me wrong, I'm begging you! What advantages (If any) does Root Explorer have over either of the two alternatives I listed? >.< smh...
3rd April 2012, 08:51 AM |#509  
Flag Hartford, Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 921

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

ES File Explorer (Free)

I could go on, but I know it won't do any good. I just wish all those folks that are just needlessly throwing away money would shoot some my way... Somebody, PLEASE, convince me, educate me, prove me wrong, I'm begging you! What advantages (If any) does Root Explorer have over either of the two alternatives I listed? >.< smh...

I'd also like to know... Lol!
3rd April 2012, 08:51 AM |#510  
Moderator Emeritus- Irish Pride, Spartan Legacy
Flag Belfast, Ireland Likes: Whiskey & XDA Dislikes: No whiskey
Thanks Meter: 5,014

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

ES File Explorer (Free)

Tbh, I've always used root explorer, and if you use something which isn't broke, no need to change. I'll try ES File Explorer and Script Manager for comparison
3rd April 2012, 10:09 AM |#511  
Quote:

ES File Explorer (Free)

Try using either of those to change owner and permissions on a file or ten.

Sent from my PG41200 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, super user functions
Previous Thread Next Thread