[XP] Xperia P General Discussion Thread

Search This thread

nemer12

Nov 20, 2009
Bucharest
www.adevice.ro
xperia-nxt.jpg

where s the big difference??

U mean like the P is good looking bcause the smaller size ??

I find both Sony xperia S/P the same, the both look very very cool!

AnubisNefer

May 2, 2012
You must never forget that beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.
You should never be absolutist when talking about looks but temper things by adding " in my opinion".

Sent from my LT26i using XDA

The same things goes for specifications. One person doesn't care about it and others do.

Excuse me for not including ''in my humble opinion'' :eek:

Reactions: tttony

draugaz

May 13, 2009
Yellow turns in to slightly green on full brightness.
But if you use full brightness you dont get the benifit of Whitemagic so personaly i dont see the point of using full brightness on Xperia P

Why not? Is the white magic not supposed to make the display brighter with less powerful backight?

zodiac100

Aug 19, 2010
The same things goes for specifications. One person doesn't care about it and others do.

Excuse me for not including ''in my humble opinion'' :eek:

Not so at all. Beauty is subjective while power is absolute.
Many will argue that the X10 is a better looking device than the galaxy s2 but only a fool will argue that it's faster.
To say you don't need the power is another thing entirely and not remotely related to the point in question.

Rashkae

Nov 10, 2008
Singapore
Can you post any pictures? :cool:

Will do once I'm done molesting it. It just feels great, more solid, and in a way feels better "thought out" than my S.

No death grip issue - just maybe 1 bar drop in signal when I hold it, which other phones also have.

Yellow turns in to slightly green on full brightness.
But if you use full brightness you dont get the benifit of Whitemagic so personaly i dont see the point of using full brightness on Xperia P

I find 100% brightness to be too bright anyway!

Yes, whitemagic works great, the screen is brighter at lower power, so you don't need to crank it up to "Men In Black Memory Wipe" levels to get a great image.

Reactions: tttony

AnubisNefer

May 2, 2012
Not so at all. Beauty is subjective while power is absolute.
Many will argue that the X10 is a better looking device than the galaxy s2 but only a fool will argue that it's faster.
To say you don't need the power is another thing entirely and not remotely related to the point in question.

And the important of specs to one is subjective, while the importance of the beauty to someone can be opbjective.

We can talk in circles here for hours, but the point is, i don't like being told ''what to do''.

This is a international forum, if one simply forgets to add ''in my opinion'', don't get so ''gradual'' about it, that's all i'm sayin.

It's true about beauty=subjective / specs=absolute, but different people, different things what they find important. No one is debatting about the differences between specs between PHONE A or PHONE B.

ONTOPIC,

would love to see those pictures fast! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I didn't leave you guys just i won't be sharing my work on XDA

https://code.google.com/p/sony-xperia-p/ hope this helps you
    I don't know if it's the right place but... what future will have the cm11 development for xperia p?

Percy can still continue developpement on an other site than XDA.

XDA try to control everything and i think the whole mind of this site is dead now. Android Developpement is open to everyone because it's opensource. But on XDA, you can't post your work whenever you wan't because the people who are managing this site are doing what they wan't.

If you continue like that, XDA, you will loose much people because you are stupid enough to accuse the best and only dev on Xperia P who can port new versions on CM. So thank you guy's, thank you to destroy your own comunity!
    I am still confuse with the white magic.
    It does provide twice brightness because has extra led inside it but does it use twice battery to power them?

The white magic technology has been debated for a number of times on this forum !! i would like to make you and others understand how the white magic works and why shouldnt it be called a so called FLAWED Technology

White Magic delivers a maximum brightness of 900 to 1000nits and it is twice as bright as iphone and three to four times as bright as samsung galaxies. It delivers you insane brightness levels, beyond good and evil.

Sony could simply limit the brightness to some 50-60% of the current levels and give you an accurate color but worse sunlight readability, and would still be head and shoulders above most of the competition.
    Instead they chose to give their users even more brightness reserve for situations where they need it and suddenly it is a huge flaw. Go figure. It is like buying a 4WD and then complaining that ride offroad was not so smooth as on the highway

Magic or not, technology has it's limitations. Traditional LCD's have color filters over each of their subpixels. Those filters let only something like 20-30% of the light through, the rest (over 70%) is just wasted. This is horribly inefficent even before we factor in the crystal matrix (another 50% waste on top), diffusor, polarizers, cover glass etc. This means a lot of the power in running the LED's is completely wasted !!

What Sony did is to put a fourth subpixel without filter alongside of three others. Without filter it is 3 times more efficient as others and additionaly has better spectral purity. Every color is a mix of three primary colors. Like for example violet is 31% Red, 18% Green and 31% Blue. Or 18% white plus 13% red and 13% blue. So you could reduce background illumination and still get the same brightness.
    Of course it is not as simple as it sounds, because for solid colors (or colors with 0% of R, G or B) white pixel is useless. And if you have such pixels on the screen then you actually can't save anything unless you do a selective dimming of backlight illumination. Hence basically stated that the fourth pixel increases the efficiency by almost 3 times of the RGB display but the reduced consumption of battery would be around just 40 to 50%
    You still can cheat and add some white anyway, but the result will be a shift in colors and light bleeding. But our eyes are not perfect, so Sony can probably get away with it to the certain levels.

You start to notice only when getting close to the limits, like those 75%, where colored pixels can't keep up anymore. Remember - they are three times darker as white ones. Sony could either stop there and refuse to mix even more white for additional brightness, or they can mix a bit more and give additional brithness at the cost of color accuracy. I glad they did, I can opt to limit the maximum brightness myself.
    Hope you find my post usefl and informative !!!:cowboy:
    @LoveForEver: Sadly, thats true. Whole story short, percy made a working build of 4.4.1 for Xperia L. Unluckly, he did that before guy named "uberlaggydarwin" who wanted to be super-uber-developer-device-mantainer (who even had written some post about that) for SXL. So with badly hurt ego, he went crying to admins in Development Committee. There he met a "brother-in-arms" jared - member of DC who had never ever developed anything (his "qualification" is having plenty of Samsung/LG devices).
    Percy was accused of blind development, making builds only for money, publishing builds that can brick users phones, etc. No surprise that under these circumstances percy decided to leave XDA.