Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

synergye

Jul 6, 2010
LG Nexus 5 codefireX

pre_1390702648__cfxsig1.png

CodefireX 4.4.3.2.1.000.000 Open Master

pre_1391201081__hamag.png

This well established Android distribution treats development differently than any other to further our Android platform as a whole. This is the fastest source built ROM you will find on this forum, and also the only one to utilize our unique build system and a custom LLVM 3.5 suite based toolchain globally.

Here is our very well supported Issue Tracker.
pre_1391201054__9l5fz.png

We utilize a plethora of unique optimizations in a build system unlike any other:

• Utilizing the LLVM CLANG CI globally, working heavily with upstreams with a goal of furthering our entire Android platform.
  • Consistently updated upstream toolchain module source with our custom backports, fixes, and optimizations applied in a patch at build time.
  • Fully built utilizing Link Time Optimization and Polly optimizations (another custom ROM first). Feel free to google these a bit.
  • Much of our source have code fixes, cleanups, and many minor optimizations to set us even further ahead of the community. These are too generous to even speak of here.
  • Optimizations are toggled on and off based on device for the best experience we can achieve for your device without sacrificing stability
  • Many Qcom optimizations and AOSP master (upstream) optimizations and fixes using device specifications to determine usage.
  • Fully built utilizing strict aliasing and isognu++11 mode.
  • Utilizing all O4 optimizations (Optimization Level 4) including LTO (with binutils plugins), and additionally LLVM Polly.
Of course we also have several neat UI features, including but not limited to:
  • T-Mobile Theme Engine.
  • DPI Wizard (no junk like build.prop tweaks).
  • Quick Settings panel customizations.
  • Live network stats in your statusbar.
  • Button backlight customizations.
  • Hardware button customizations.
  • Volume button customizations.
  • Many more being added during the nightly builds.

NOTE: Only "AnyKernel" flashable kernel zips are supported. This ROM ships with a kernel based on showp1984's bricked-kernel.

pre_1391201067__d92id.png

Hammerhead Download & Support thread

pre_1391201095__lpnqc.png

Our thanks go out to all the open source developers who made our work possible.
Below is an ever-incomplete list of some of the 'indirect' contributors to our ROMs:
  • The Android Open Source Project
  • LLVM CI
  • Linux Foundation
  • Showp1984 for the awesome kernel!
  • Code Aurora Forum
  • CyanogenMod Inc.
  • Chainfire
  • Many more!

XDA:DevDB Information
codefireX, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
synergye, bigrushdog, jrior001, anders3408, RaymanFX, ajf64, rlasalle15, Roach
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP + Win!

Version Information
Current Stable Version: Nightlies

Created 2014-02-01
Last Updated 2014-01-31

Jimlarck

Mar 2, 2012
Ohmegod

If anyone is wondering, cfx is like the stock/notstock AOSP everybody wants. It is optimized in a way you have no idea, pure stability and speed. And the features that get added are carefully chosen (and handmade)

So for those who are like "I like the stock feel" or "I don't like a lot of the ROMs because it looks like most features are copies of other ROMs and the reason they're there is because the developed decided to pull it out of it's butt", I would recommend this to you.

And for those who want something new you should try it.

And those who are perfectly fine with their ROM, you should try this.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Moh_Jay

Sep 14, 2010
Wooow blast from the past (desire HD) good to see you here!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lightstar3103

Mar 14, 2012
Avignon
we don't provide support for it but yes it will run on it but we ship with custom version of bricked kernel and from personal experience using both the one provided with the rom is much better for performance and battery life.

OK thank you sir for your fast answer :) have a nice week end everybody :)

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LG Nexus 5 codefireX

pre_1390702648__cfxsig1.png

CodefireX 4.4.3.2.1.000.000 Open Master

pre_1391201081__hamag.png

This well established Android distribution treats development differently than any other to further our Android platform as a whole. This is the fastest source built ROM you will find on this forum, and also the only one to utilize our unique build system and a custom LLVM 3.5 suite based toolchain globally.

Here is our very well supported Issue Tracker.
    pre_1391201054__9l5fz.png

We utilize a plethora of unique optimizations in a build system unlike any other:

• Utilizing the LLVM CLANG CI globally, working heavily with upstreams with a goal of furthering our entire Android platform.
    • Consistently updated upstream toolchain module source with our custom backports, fixes, and optimizations applied in a patch at build time.
    • Fully built utilizing Link Time Optimization and Polly optimizations (another custom ROM first). Feel free to google these a bit.
    • Much of our source have code fixes, cleanups, and many minor optimizations to set us even further ahead of the community. These are too generous to even speak of here.
    • Optimizations are toggled on and off based on device for the best experience we can achieve for your device without sacrificing stability
    • Many Qcom optimizations and AOSP master (upstream) optimizations and fixes using device specifications to determine usage.
    • Fully built utilizing strict aliasing and isognu++11 mode.
    • Utilizing all O4 optimizations (Optimization Level 4) including LTO (with binutils plugins), and additionally LLVM Polly.
    Of course we also have several neat UI features, including but not limited to:
    • T-Mobile Theme Engine.
    • DPI Wizard (no junk like build.prop tweaks).
    • Quick Settings panel customizations.
    • Live network stats in your statusbar.
    • Button backlight customizations.
    • Hardware button customizations.
    • Volume button customizations.
    • Many more being added during the nightly builds.

NOTE: Only "AnyKernel" flashable kernel zips are supported. This ROM ships with a kernel based on showp1984's bricked-kernel.

pre_1391201067__d92id.png

Hammerhead Download & Support thread

pre_1391201095__lpnqc.png

Our thanks go out to all the open source developers who made our work possible.
    Below is an ever-incomplete list of some of the 'indirect' contributors to our ROMs:
    • The Android Open Source Project
    • LLVM CI
    • Linux Foundation
    • Showp1984 for the awesome kernel!
    • Code Aurora Forum
    • CyanogenMod Inc.
    • Chainfire
    • Many more!

XDA:DevDB Information
    codefireX, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    synergye, bigrushdog, jrior001, anders3408, RaymanFX, ajf64, rlasalle15, Roach
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP + Win!

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Nightlies

Created 2014-02-01
    Last Updated 2014-01-31
    Chillax and test :)

Hey guys! First of all, let's all calm down a bit. Regarding flashing, you only need to do the initial wipe for data/cache when coming from another ROM, system is wiped on install. If you're finding yourself wiping more than once to get a sane install, *something is wrong with your configuration.*

We're hard at work fixing the theme engine issues that navbar devices are facing, however I'm bringing in Chaos' Theme Management to our review in the mean time.

Here's a test build with T-Mobile Theme Engine support fully removed, and Chaos' Theme Management partially brought in - Icons, and many other theming components haven't been brought in yet for this, why it's still a WIP on review.

The big thing to test on this build is that all the navbar/sysui issues are gone regarding the no SysUI condition if you've been affected previously (I have a hard time recreating).

Also, a big thanks to everyone who's used our issue tracker, it really does help us out :).

Edit: It's important to note that we haven't decided if this is a route we'd like to go re: theme management...nothing is set in stone.
    Ohmegod

If anyone is wondering, cfx is like the stock/notstock AOSP everybody wants. It is optimized in a way you have no idea, pure stability and speed. And the features that get added are carefully chosen (and handmade)

So for those who are like "I like the stock feel" or "I don't like a lot of the ROMs because it looks like most features are copies of other ROMs and the reason they're there is because the developed decided to pull it out of it's butt", I would recommend this to you.

And for those who want something new you should try it.

And those who are perfectly fine with their ROM, you should try this.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Hi,

I'm not the dev, but maybe it's an optimization level specific to this Toolchain (LLVM Clang 3.5):

Some reading: http://clang.llvm.org/docs/ or http://llvm.org :p :D

It was just with a quick search, for sure synergye will explain better or simply ;)

:)

O4 is all O3 optimizations + LTO

and to any one who has a problem with how i handle support you can feel free to stop visiting this thread and use any other rom available just trying to provide support that i know works.
    Which blobs did you guys use? Google website or device blobs? The reason i ask is because I am curious if this works on Sprint out of the box (data) and does Update Profile and Update PRL work under Carrier Settings? Thank you.

works fully with sprint out of the box both prl and profile update work like a charm