[ROM] kwbr Viewpad 4.2 :: BeatsAudio :: Flashplayer :: App2SD ,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸,.

Search This thread

droid5800

Nov 13, 2011
Hey kwbr

Should I reinstall if i don't see flashplayer and beatsaudio installed?

Sent from my ViewPad7 using xda premium

droid5800

Nov 13, 2011
Apparently flash isn't installed. Should I reinstall if so any additional steps I should perform?

vanilaguy

Sep 26, 2008
FM6F_4027.zip and Drivers.zip

These files were attachment to post #1.
how do you install them?

vwgtiturbo1

Oct 5, 2011
Hey kwbr.. After wiping everything again and re flashing ROM, I am not getting any reboots.. But I am getting low on storage error in market. Is apps2sd built in ROM or do I need to download apk from market? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

kwbr

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 17, 2007
Hey kwbr.. After wiping everything again and re flashing ROM, I am not getting any reboots.. But I am getting low on storage error in market. Is apps2sd built in ROM or do I need to download apk from market? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
Apps2SD is included in the rom but you have to create an ext3 partion on the SD card before flashing in order to get it working. You can download apps2sd Gui from the market to move partitions to sd afterwards.

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
got it installed one question

hi
i got the ROM installed and all my angrybird data back
but why only 81MB of phone storage:eek::confused:
i had 140MB on the Euviewpad Rom
is it because of the Flash player if so i dont really need it if i remove it will i get the same back :confused::D

vanilaguy

Sep 26, 2008
hi
just download the rom and flash it via CWM thats all:D

I appreciate your help haree. but im not talking about the rom files. im talking about the attachments as found below:

Driver.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.34 MB, 1282 views)
FM6F_4027.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.55 MB, 1009 views)

i tried to install them using CWM but both failed. do i need to unzip them?

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
I appreciate your help haree. but im not talking about the rom files. im talking about the attachments as found below:

Driver.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.34 MB, 1282 views)
FM6F_4027.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.55 MB, 1009 views)

i tried to install them using CWM but both failed. do i need to unzip them?
hi
buddy if u want to use the ROM just download it and flash it via CWM u dont need them i think he has provided then for those who have driver problems while using the PC i think they are to be installed on ur PC im not sure

But this i am sure as i just tried this Rom 2 days back

IF u want to try this ROM on ur Pad just download it put it on the root of ur Pad and flash it via CWM:D
ie this only link taken from 1st page : http://www.mediafire.com/?o4xcwb63t8t156e

Last edited:

droid5800

Nov 13, 2011

Do mind to install the correct usb drivers. I had to install and run ViewSonic Switcher (SwitchUSB.exe) to get ADB working.

Could someone elaborate on what is required to get adb working?

Tried running the virtual CD setup the sync tool installs but the usb drivers don't seem to install. I keep getting an adb permission denied error.

Is there a way to manually install the drivers? tried searching for switchusb lots of hits not sure what I am looking for.

Thanks.

kwbr

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 17, 2007
Could someone elaborate on what is required to get adb working?

Tried running the virtual CD setup the sync tool installs but the usb drivers don't seem to install. I keep getting an adb permission denied error.

Is there a way to manually install the drivers? tried searching for switchusb lots of hits not sure what I am looking for.

Thanks.
Did you root the device? What does adb devices tell you?

droid5800

Nov 13, 2011
Yeah it's rooted eventually got the problem solved. Thanks for the help.

flez1966

Jul 21, 2011
Emmm.....

Installed 4.2 last night....

not sure how much i like it yet, and its not a reboot issue or anything serious, its just the look and feel, i feel like someone hit rewind and i went back a few years, feels like i'm running android1.6 .........

I also went to message, and the lack of my beloved stock keyboard left me screaming and running to restore to stock...

No custom roms seem to keep the stock swype keyboard, why does eveyone hate it so much...

memory, I'd like some...... maybe get rid of the useless static screen backgrounds, does anyone really use a stock background, we need one to start with, but more than 1?

same with the live wallpapers...

flash, no complaints works better than any other i have used / tried

so, my score for 4.2 is a 8/10, the two things i mark it down on is free ram and graphical style, but that is just me etc

I will be leaving this rom on, and I'm not slating it for being buggy, i have had no time to find any real faults and i dont think i will fiund any it seems very stable in the 6 hours i have been using it, but graphically, not my cup of tea, and that may be the deal breaker after using eupad1.7b and stock the icons just seem ''friendlier'' - yeah that may sound odd lol

off to partition the sd card to move the apps...

did someone mention a script to free some ram? after installing satnav and fb and map updates its got very tight...

kwbr was it you needing a battery? I have one etc in my bust vp7, i dropped it and the screen went, yours etc if needed.....

Last edited:

Letitride

.... not sure how much i like it yet, and its not a reboot issue or anything serious, its just the look and feel, i feel like someone hit rewind and i went back a few years, feels like i'm running android1.6 .........

No custom roms seem to keep the stock swype keyboard, why does eveyone hate it so much...

memory, I'd like some...... maybe get rid of the useless static screen backgrounds, does anyone really use a stock background, we need one to start with, but more than 1? same with the live wallpapers...

flash, no complaints works better than any other i have used / tried

so, my score for 4.2 is a 8/10, the two things i mark it down on is free ram and graphical style, but that is just me etc

I will be leaving this rom on, and I'm not slating it for being buggy ... after using eupad1.7b and stock the icons just seem ''friendlier'' - yeah that may sound odd lol

off to partition the sd card to move the apps... did someone mention a script to free some ram? after installing satnav and fb and map updates its got very tight...

:fingers-crossed:Interesting comments & let me share/post my quick feedback - I've been running EU1.7b with ITE for 9 months now but decided to give this a try with a bit of spare time on hand, and, yes, it works & support ITE or multi-touch hardware (mine is ver 107) This one has Euro language support but not Asian language, not a big deal for me - but for others ....

Flash player worked - I had 10 videos downloaded via our other iPad2 (jail-broken) and copied it to the Vpad7, and all of them but one ran nicely on EU1.7b - with KWBR 4.2, the last one that refused to play now do (encoding is same as others, but) and no issues with Youtube or browser. Now, I can sit in the car & relax with music video while waiting for my "passenger" to come out from her job, especially when she's running late - perfectly sized for the center dashboard (if I could only find a practical mount/holder - I would have a 7" GPS device for serious NAV, except that speaker sound is too tiny.)

Angry Birds, including Space worked for me (TB restored didn't quite work 100%, so I uninstall & did a fresh one after cache/dalvik wipe first - and saved scores transferred over)

As for Swype KB, there is a way to download & install it for free - search in this section/subforum on how to. Hacker's KB is quite nice for my purposes, the numericals are there so I don't have to go back & forth, it's PITA when trying to input userid and password to log into accounts, etc.

I ran into a few FC issues, probably because I TB restored Apps saved from the other ROM and added it back - as I needed/wanted to use some of them - having Play Store upgraded first (from Market) helped with stability - along with updating SU first, before running TB to do a full restore (as I didn't want to do a fresh 100% new install, to save time as it could be several hours+, and start from scratch ...) I did fully wiped everything - dalvik, cache & system - 3X before unzipping, and backed up my mSD card content first. Ext3 or Ext4 partition previously formatted already were ready for this ROM, nothing was lost and this ROM seemed to be freely up as much as EU1.7b did for my device, if not more. The only thing that I noticed is that initial touch screen response seemed a notch or two slower than EU1.7b, sometimes requiring a 2nd. pinch for it to respond to scroll the screen or up/down the page, etc.

OP will find extra RAM/memory/space once mSD card is reformatted & prep'd for ext. partition. As for the live or "stock" wallpaper - it's no big deal, it is easily moved/deleted or changed, I just loaded my preferred ones & selected them to load.

My last comment is on battery life, this ROM seemed to be drawing a bit faster than EU1.7b - and WiFi did seemed to be auto-disconnect after inactive with screen off - I'm going to try to see if I can pin down what's causing, could be one of my apps - although it's the basic, identical setup as in the EU1.7b - powered on and in standby mode, looked it will last no more than 2 days where as with the EU ROM, it can go for 3 or 4 days without needed a charge.

Overall, it's a nice piece of work on this CPU/device & hardware combo when others are already jumping up & down on Jelly Beans and leaving I.C.S. behind in the dust for the newest entry ... yikes, this isn't old 1.6 but I wonder how much further we can go with this in development.

I'm not into Skype but if I can settle down on this ROM, perhaps a fresh install from the base camp - on a long weekend project - and get Google Voice working over WiFi on this - and do everything else with Flash running, I will be very happy - regardless of what OS ver. it is running (Google Plus would be nice, but only in our dreams ... of course)

flez1966

Jul 21, 2011
:
OP will find extra RAM/memory/space once mSD card is reformatted & prep'd for ext. partition.

and get Google Voice working over WiFi on this - and do everything else with Flash running, I will be very happy - regardless of what OS ver. it is running (Google Plus would be nice, but only in our dreams ... of course)

not experimented yet with skype or google voice, but i just went into market and downloaded google+ and it went on fine, synced mypictures etc, can see ,my circles..

as to the ext3 partition.... oh hell....

If i format it on the pc the phone sees it in titanium backup, if i launch link2sd or app2sd then it unmounts it, and then everything falls over....

If i flash, and leave it, then the phone does copy stuff to the partition, as pulling the card out makes it stop running, it even copys market(play) the the ext partition, as if i pull the card or cause it to dismount by running app2sd, then i get a force close for it and i cant run it till i reboot the phone..

so my apps are moving, invisibly, and saving me space, but i can have no control over it...

also i have now flashed this about 8 times today! at some points i have installed nofrills cpu etc and can get 864, sometimes only to 806 ... surely it should be the same every time....

and CWM is terrible, its 'format' leaves data behind, in fact it does not seem to wipe/format at all, and its backup restore is not 100% either....(see cwm5 thread)

so theres no way to gtee a 'fresh' install etc

that being said this is a good rom, and i will be keeping it on for a good evaluation

oh i'm using the bluelitmus kernel to get the higher speeds, but i dont think that relevant to my sd card issues

EDIT: OMG can anyone confirm if the ecompass is working, i just installed google sky maps and it says i'm always facing south...

I hope its a software thing otherwise i have a duff viewpad... I tried compass app too, and thats 'not right' either, they do move, but not as expected, and seem to favour south above anything else..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a fast and stable Viewpad 7 rom. I used the latest ViewSonic Viewpad 7 UK rom, version 3.620 as a basis.

For apps2sd create an 1024mb ext3 partition and cache size 0 with clockwork mod.

Don't forget to wipe after flashing the rom. Scroll down for version history.

Donate

Lots of goodies like black status bar, BeatsAudio, Flash Player, Apps2SD, super performance! All apps updated, new Google Play Store.

Downloads
    * kwbr rom for ViewSonic Viewpad 7
    Version history

kwbr 4.2 (Apr 2, 2012)

- Android-version 2.2.2
    - Kernel-version Apps_2.6.32.9
    - Build-number 4027_3_620
    - Rooted
    - Deodexed
    - Apps2SD
    - Black StatusBar
    - Battery Percentage Indicator on StatusBar
    - Automated log cleaning after reboot
    - BeatsAudio

- Updated
    . Adfree host file
    . Adobe Reader
    . Busybox
    . ES File Explorer
    . flash_image binary in /system/bin
    . Flash Player 10.3
    . Gmail
    . Google Play Store
    . GoogleQuickSearchBox
    . Google Music with BeatAudio
    . Hacker's Keyboard
    . su

- Removed
    . Ringtones
    . Alkido eBook reader
    . Filemanager
    . Latitude
    . Maps
    . News and Weather widget
    . Notepad
    . Places
    . RSS
    . Street
    . Talk
    . Touchpal keyboard
    . VoiceNote
    . Voice dial
    . Voice search
    . Last but not least I got rid of the annoying default bookmarks

Built for
    - Modelnumber Viewpad7
    - FTM:
    . SWVer=3.620
    . MODEL:FM6-0001
    . HWVer:106

For rooting your stock rom use SuperOneClickv1.7 which you can find in my repository.

Do mind to install the correct usb drivers. I had to install and run ViewSonic Switcher (SwitchUSB.exe) to get ADB working.
    Thank you very much.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

U can download Bluelimus form GHOME and update in from bootloader. Maybe it's work.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1333553
    Should work with this rom when you have non-ITE hardware.
    hi
    is this rom rooted , will it work for non ITE hardware and does this have apps2sd
    thanks in advance:D
    Hi haree, the rom is pre-rooted and includes the latest version of superuser and su (please read posts 1 and 2). apps2sd is not yet included because I don't need it and I built this rom for personal usage. If you want to testdrive I can build a rom with apps2sd included :)
    hi
    that was lightning fast thanks again buddy ill try and keep u posted on the same:)
    You're welcome. Upload is finished, please give your feedback and don't forget to hit the thanks button :)