If late to FFC Vibrant Party - new place to buy

Search This thread

swehes

Jul 26, 2010
Utah
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 11
So I don't know how many people is late for the FFC party. I didn't jump on the bandwagon at the time because I didn't see a need for it. However now when Skype is supporting video calling and other fun things you can do with the camera in ICS, I wanted to get one. However when going to www.globaldirectparts.com now it will tell you that they only sell to repair companies and such and not for individual use. So I went and looked somewhere else and run into these guys on Amazon. I haven't got it yet but I ordered it today. But it is a rev2 so hoping that it will turn out good. :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005KEQWS0/ref=ox_ya_os_product
So if anyone else is in the same boat where you just now want to get a FFC this seems to be a good deal. Just below $15.

Update: New link and it says it is a rev2 Whole Sale Gadget Camera (Revision 2) for Samsung i9000 Galaxy S

So I emailed Whole Sale Gadget and they said they only carry rev2 so that is what I will be expecting. :)

Update: So I got two cameras. One to replace the other. They both said Rev2 on them however the first one did not have a working front facing camera, and the second one the back end camera had a big green hue with a small area in the middle that looked normal. New area I am looking at is http://www.parts4repair.com/samsung-galaxy-s-i9000-camera-with-flex-cable/
Does anyone have experience with this company?

Last edited:

tinyaznboi

Sep 14, 2008
Gotham
I believe that one is ver 1 though, some said amazon ships out v2 as well but not all. V2 is supposedly significantly better than v1. Just a heads up.

jrafael

Dec 4, 2009
London
I believe that one is ver 1 though, some said amazon ships out v2 as well but not all. V2 is supposedly significantly better than v1. Just a heads up.

That's a rev 1 camera, I have one that I purchase from ebay with same ribbon prints.

I you want the real deal go with mobiletechvideos or rip the camera from a galaxy s 4g (ebay,craiglist)

granduke

Mar 1, 2009
Looks like your chances of getting a v2 from that Amazon vender is 50/50.

Remembering another thread, two guys received a v1 but then were sent v2s when they complained. One fellow and myself were sent v2s at first.

Rahhstah

Jan 2, 2011
Loveland
I bought mine through MobtelTech videos / connexion2005's website. He was active in the FFC threads, and the camera works great that I got through him.

swehes

Jul 26, 2010
Utah
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 11
Has anyone bought one from Parts4Repair yet?

I haven't yet. I did email them and they said it is the stock rev2 camera. They also said that they have many customers ordering from the USA. Maybe if we pool together so we don't have to spend the huge amount of shipping individually. I don't know. The Amazon guys burned me twice with their useless cameras. Although they had very good customer service and not sure how I ended up with the two malfunctioning ones.

MurdocZero

Oct 19, 2010
I haven't yet. I did email them and they said it is the stock rev2 camera. They also said that they have many customers ordering from the USA. Maybe if we pool together so we don't have to spend the huge amount of shipping individually. I don't know. The Amazon guys burned me twice with their useless cameras. Although they had very good customer service and not sure how I ended up with the two malfunctioning ones.

I'd be down to get in on this

Jul 23, 2010
atl
I've been wanting to get a FFC for a while now, but I'm running ICS passion, and if ffc doesn't work with it, then it is pointless...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    u guys make me wanna try this lol
    I have used one camera shipped from China. The front camera worked well, but the back camera was having issues with red lines in low light. Due to this problem I had to go back to my stock camera.

Does anyone know the ver 2 camera has the same issue with the back camera?

but the back camera was having issues with red lines in low light.

That's "banding", it means you have a rev 1 cam, "true" rev 2 cams are as sharp as the original vibrant camera.

Your only source for real rev 2 cameras is mobiletechvideos, all those "rev 2" cameras in amazon or ebay are fakes.

Now if you know someone that own a repair shop you can purchase the real cams from the supplier http://www.globaldirectparts.com/Samsung-T-mobile-Galaxy-S-Vibrant-T959-Camera-p/smsng6085857.htm
    How is quality of the rear (back) camera under low light conditions ?

Good question. The company said it is the original cameras for the phone. So I am crossing my fingers that they shouldn't have the problem. I won't sell it if they have the banding issue. I will send them back if that is the case. I will test them all when I get them to make sure that there is no issues with them.

So in other words. I will let you know. :)
    Just bought a FFC from Josh at www.mobiletechvideos.com ($45 with free shipping). Arrived in 2 days, installed it this morning. Works perfectly with Skype.

I'm on ICS Passion v13 R1 works with the Glitch and Kiss kernels (and probably several others).

Screenshot_2012-02-23-00-23-06.png