[06-13-14][4.4.3][ROM] PA4.4 RC1 [Unofficial]

Search This thread
Chrome working

Does chrome work for any of you guys? Nice Rom btw

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Chrome is working for me on build dated 20140608. latest beta. it did have a moment when i first setup and signed in, but restarted chrome and phone and now all is good. Using N7105T, this rom, stock kernel.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Hello!!
I actually used a couple of guides for this build...
This guide is incredibly helpful imo (and the packages you need to download are up to date so yay!), and you can replace the PA repo with another rom repo... just depends on the rom you want!!

The trickiest part i had was getting my device trees up and running... please, do come to me if you run into any problems with building for this device and I'll try and help you. I ran into my fair share of errors so I'd like to help minimize errors for other people :)

Also, off-topic from this post, but if anyone who has an SD card could tell me if reading/writing to it works, I'd be forever grateful!

Hi mate, thanks for the rom first of all. Transferring to and from my SD card worked, i used Astro file Mngr v4

nuuits

Dec 31, 2011
Time for an update on how things are going...
I am hoping to become a PA maintainer. However, I recently overwrote Ubuntu and Windows with Linux Mint 17, so I am forced to redownload the source. It isn't a huge deal (as I'll have to add the device trees and then be alright).

Still waiting for hover... I did see something on Github about it that peaked my interest, however nothing is for sure.

regime2008

Nov 2, 2009
Snellville
Time for an update on how things are going...
I am hoping to become a PA maintainer. However, I recently overwrote Ubuntu and Windows with Linux Mint 17, so I am forced to redownload the source. It isn't a huge deal (as I'll have to add the device trees and then be alright).

Still waiting for hover... I did see something on Github about it that peaked my interest, however nothing is for sure.

To be so young, you are amazing at what you do bro. Keep it up man, lookin' forward to testing out the new updates.

sValtman17

Apr 26, 2012
To be so young, you are amazing at what you do bro. Keep it up man, lookin' forward to testing out the new updates.

umh, may want to try sis. Another talented Grilleld (moon rom) maker. Solid rom indeed. Thanks for keeping the GN2 relevant. Look forward to following your work. Quality. MIT will be waitng for you!

Reactions: arkha

seriosbrad

Sep 2, 2010
Alberta
Have issues with this RC1 for my t0lte. Data doesn't work, calls and signal do though. When I add an APN manually and save, it doesn't actual save - thus, still no data.

Chrome and Chrome Beta open, force close on me when I start using them.

Sorry I don't have any logs, I flashed a restore point while at work in order to get data back.

nuuits

Dec 31, 2011
Have issues with this RC1 for my t0lte. Data doesn't work, calls and signal do though. When I add an APN manually and save, it doesn't actual save - thus, still no data.

Chrome and Chrome Beta open, force close on me when I start using them.

Sorry I don't have any logs, I flashed a restore point while at work in order to get data back.

Hmm, I am sorry you had this issue!!
I cannot test data myself, however at one point I did and it did work alright- so something must've changed with my source.
I am rebuilding right now and if anyone else has problems with the first RC1 build, please do tell me.

EDIT: I am creating a portfolio for some jobs that I will be applying to. Please comment on my articles, share my link (if you feel like it is good enough!!), and give me suggestions on what to write about (that pertains to mobile tech)... thank you so much!

http://techwrite98.wordpress.com/

Last edited:

nuuits

Dec 31, 2011
AND WE HAVE HOVER!!!!!!!!

Will have to rebuild (forgot to put in the bootanim lol) and after that I will be uploading it.

EDIT: Threw my SIM card in and am getting the data issue. Darn.
Working on finding a fix.
My fix was adding my carrier's DEFAULT APN for the Note2 to the letter.

Attachments

• IMG_20140613_012714.jpg
    IMG_20140613_012714.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

jdstrydom

Jan 14, 2009
Mossel Bay
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE

Will have to rebuild (forgot to put in the bootanim lol) and after that I will be uploading it.

Rom from 13/06 works great for me so far with hover. Had the no apn issue as mentioned, but just added it manually and all good.

Very stable and fast, running on agni 2.8. Great job!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have finally built 4.4.3 through AOSPA/Paranoid Android for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE.
    Special thanks to the PA devs for allowing me and others to build this rom for unsupported devices!

IF YOU LIKE THIS ROM, PLEASE HIT "THANKS"
    And feel free to leave a review, but please do not request features!

HOW TO INSTALL:
    1. Boot to your updated TWRP recovery
    2. make sure ROM and Gapps are on SD card/Internal memory
    3. Factory reset device
    4. Install rom
    5. Install Gapps (I used the micro PA gapps package, 87 megabytes)
    6. Reboot device

Rom download folder

PA Gapps

What's working:
    - It boots
    - Wifi
    - Camera
    - Themes
    - Sensors
    - ART
    - Data
    - Hover

What is not working:
    - Chrome (PA issue)
    - You tell me? Please?
    - Anything not working in CM11 or other AOSP roms

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSPA t0lte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    estabien, nuuits
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA-legacy

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-06-08
    Last Updated 2014-11-21
    I'd like to apologise for not really... being here.
    I went through a period after school started where, in short, life sucked. I was always tired, etc. and I couldn't get anything done.
    Now I'm doing much better and am preparing my build machine for an update to the newest version... it will probably take a bit due to the fact that I have to redownload source (with my internet speed considered) and I'll have to re-add the t0lte config.

No ETAs please.
    Update: AOSPA source crapped out on me a few days ago and just... things weren't working as far as building goes.

However, I get next week off due to American Thanksgiving so I'll be able to configure everything and get a build started this weekend and even into next week.

My apologies - this week I have been so exhausted and my first attempt at building on my new machine sort of dampened my spirits. But when I get home, I'm repo syncing and then going from there. c:

EDIT: Repo syncing... NOW.
    Expect this to take several hours, as I am having to sync from scratch.

APN list

AT&T

Code:
    Name: ATT PHONE
    APN: phone
    Proxy: ~Not set~
    Port: ~Not set~
    Username: ~Not set~
    Password: ~Not set~
    Server: ~Not set~
    MMSC:http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net